What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Welp a few more from the land of Shawn's Twitter :p

Will we see people from Deadly Alliance appear in the comics? We've already seen Mavado, Kenshi, Frost and Hsu Hao, could we see Bo Rai Cho? Li Mei? MOKAP?! Mokap = Erron Black confirmed

What is Reiko's future? We will see him again, but will he live long enough to be included in the game? We will see him in action in the comics, but will it continue on until April 14th?

As for the Kamidaggers, will we see the symbols of Deception's Kamidogu again?

Youphemism

Ok reread the summary and here's my thoughts
It says the Blood Magik of the One Being is imbued in the Kamidaggers, so I say we could see Onaga again.

It says the daggers are the only way to stop the being but there goes Raiden abusing the shit out of them. Like, why did he use it again? We can clearly see he's been using it as he lightnings down to Scorpion and Takeda since his eyes are red and he cuts himself on Takedas sword willingly for more power. The question is why? I guess we know who the better god is ;)

Also the 'another' collecting the daggers is clearly Kano, he's the only other person we've seen with a dagger. But is Kano collecting them for someone? We know he's Black Dragon and has been working with Kotal through Erron, and Kotal even used blood magik with a seemingly normal dagger... Could Kotal have something to do with this?

We also know they have a connection with Quan Chi, that much was clear a la Forrest Fox in chapter 3. Just...what connection?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Also the 'another' collecting the daggers is clearly Kano, he's the only other person we've seen with a dagger. But is Kano collecting them for someone? We know he's Black Dragon and has been working with Kotal through Erron, and Kotal even used blood magik with a seemingly normal dagger... Could Kotal have something to do with this?

We also know they have a connection with Quan Chi, that much was clear a la Forrest Fox in chapter 3. Just...what connection?
Reiko wanted Kotal to use the dagger. He knows about it as well and I think Quanchi is behind.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
My head says there's something from the chaos realm is at work here.

But my heart says Onaga will be reborn. I want that bastard redesigned so badly...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just want to point out, One Being doesn't automatically mean Onaga will be back. The One Being has existed for eons as long as the Elder Gods before the realms/worlds were even created by the Elder Gods.

My theory but we'll see I guess in due time.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
How does Scorp remember Sub-Zero holding him in front of his frozen wife and kid if it Quan who killed them? Did Quan Chi got Scorpion's ripped head from wherever Sub-Zero killed him, disguise himself as Bi-Han, and take the head in front of his frozen wife and kid, all in a matter of seconds? Or am I missing something?

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
This issue was neat. Love how in depth it was with Scorpion's origin. And nothing against these artists but I want Dexter Soy back. Why is he not drawing anymore?

Youphemism

How does Scorp remember Sub-Zero holding him in front of his frozen wife and kid if it Quan who killed them? Did Quan Chi got Scorpion's ripped head from wherever Sub-Zero killed him, disguise himself as Bi-Han, and take the head in front of his frozen wife and kid, all in a matter of seconds? Or am I missing something?
Pretty sure it was Quan disguised as Sub Zero, Bi Han didn't kill his clan.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Huh, "Chaos is coming to Earthrealm"... if that doesn't sound like Havik I dunno what does.
It does look like that's what's coming... Fox cutting his face off for no reason... But now he looks like havik... Hanzo restoring order to himself and his clan... Then chaos.. And the demon wanted Scorpion back... Who himself is chaotic...

Also the fact the in the factions trailer you get invaded by the chaos realm...

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Pretty sure it was Quan disguised as Sub Zero, Bi Han didn't kill his clan.
Yes, I know that. But Sub-Zero killed Scorpion, right? In some temple, correct? So did Quan Chi go to that temple, get Scorpion's decapitated head, disguise himself as Bi Han, and take him in front of his wife and son?

I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense lol.