What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Reptile has been wearing his mk9 outfit until he was revealed in MKX. now his costume is his Alt. Can't really use the costume excuse. And it may logical to assume these things, but really anything can happen.

Goro outright told Mileena, "I'll help you off Kotal, you restore the Shokan to our former glory."

He must be pretty damn desperate if he thinks she's going to have his back. She doesn't strike me as trustworthy...or politically-inclined...or even literate, for that matter. Makes you wonder what Kotal was doing to the Shokan.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
lol I love this. So, I ask some of you, stay with me, I ask you: If Reiko gets his ass kicked in the next issue, but two weeks later he re-emerges with a fucking new outfit, you will suddenly change your mind and be all "Oh yea, you're all stupid, Reiko is in the game, we already knew this, we told ya, it's the new outfit and shit, best hint ever!".

I'm pretty sure Shawn Kittelsen said himself that characters would be wearing different outfits depending on where it takes place during the 25 years. If they're wearing their Armageddon outfit who the fuck cares he basically said it doesn't confirm/deconfirm anyone. God damn I hate seeing this shit all the time "Oh he's in his armageddon outfit 0 way he's in the game". No. That doesn't confirm shit

Kenshi was in his MK9 outfit when we saw him - Kano was in his MK9 alt when we saw him - IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Reptile has been wearing his mk9 outfit until he was revealed in MKX. now his costume is his Alt. Can't really use the costume excuse. And it may logical to assume these things, but really anything can happen.
Reptile has always been in his MkX alt in the comics, not his Mk9 outfit.

lol I love this. So, I ask some of you, stay with me, I ask you: If Reiko gets his ass kicked in the next issue, but two weeks later he re-emerges with a fucking new outfit, you will suddenly change your mind and be all "Oh yea, you're all stupid, Reiko is in the game, we already knew this, we told ya, it's the new outfit and shit, best hint ever!".
Yes.

It might sound silly to some people, but with the evidence of Injustice comics and the returning characters MkX outfits, it's not too far fetched.

How about this... Kotal's dad's helmet flew off before Goro smashed his face in. If Reiko starts wearing that helmet to disrespect Kotal then he'd have a better chance to be playable in MkX.

At the moment he has as much of a chance of getting in as Mavado and Jarek imo. I know the story is time based so we could see older characters later, but that shouldn't completely ride off this theory.

Some might get angry for the theory, so be it. It's an opinion.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
And I didn't necessarily say it was you who said it. Understand that difference?
actually, you did. You quoted my post and made it sound like I was the one saying Reiko dies simply because it's obvious he isn't in.

Who knows? Maybe if the comics help his character, he might actually be on the 2nd round of dlc characters.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
he was always wearing his alt. always

trufenix

bye felicia
Stop avoiding the question.

And you also said we 'know' Fujin dies but there's zero evidence to support that.
I'm avoiding nothing. Fujin is dead in MKX. We know it because the living tower says so;

- a descrption of a special Living Tower says that after a god of wind Fujin died, the elements went wild
Yes, the Fujin's death is mentioned twice. A person who wrote this preview also thinks that Fujin might be a big bad guy this time.
And trust me that I translated everything properly. I studied Business English so...
The game does not (yet) say Fujin is the big bad, living, or even relevant to the plot and no one has been permitted to report on the actual story yet, so that can only be speculation by the writer. Similar speculation was made by IGN about Cyrax, Kabal, and Rain also being mentioned in the tower.

If you want to hold onto the flimsy logic that the article or translation is wrong (then whats the point in believing any of it), or that Fujin pulled a Evil Raiden (unlikely for a ton of reasons) or you actually believe that NRS wrote a plot in which Fujin is alive, only to surruptitiously murder him in the tower (no precedent, insane writing) be my guest but there's no evidence to back any of it.

Andromeda

I am Bard
actually, you did. You quoted my post and made it sound like I was the one saying Reiko dies simply because it's obvious he isn't in.

Who knows? Maybe if the comics help his character, he might actually be on the 2nd round of dlc characters.
Just because I quoted you doesn't neccessarily mean I am making YOU say it but if you want to keep implying that then by all means, be my guest. :)

I don't see Reiko or Fujin in but even if they are, cool. They'll be great no matter what since no one has looked poorly yet.

trufenix

bye felicia
Just because the living tower said Fujin is dead that doesn't mean he does! Features in the game, except for story mode, are not cannon and can't be used as such!
Literally no one has ever been called dead in one mode and alive in another. Not even in crazy what if Soul Calibur games.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm avoiding nothing. Fujin is dead in MKX. We know it because the living tower says so;

The game does not (yet) say Fujin is the big bad, living, or even relevant to the plot and no one has been permitted to report on the actual story yet, so that can only be speculation by the writer. Similar speculation was made by IGN about Cyrax, Kabal, and Rain also being mentioned in the tower.

If you want to hold onto the flimsy logic that the article or translation is wrong (then whats the point in believing any of it), or that Fujin pulled a Evil Raiden (unlikely for a ton of reasons) or you actually believe that NRS wrote a plot in which Fujin is alive, only to surruptitiously murder him in the tower (no precedent, insane writing) be my guest but there's no evidence to back any of it.
You're avoiding my question, I asked you if it made more sense to you that Fujin was dead AND the big bad in the game which you didn't answer.

Your argument and evidence are hilariously hypocritical. You're telling me that I'm wrong based on the information in that article but you're basing your own argument on the information in that article. D y i n g

You keep saying that Fujin is dead but you have nothing to back that up with other than something a guy (who doesn't even speak natural fluent English, he's just done "Business English" whatever that means) said. In an article without screenshots of the game or in general any proof, not even the exact text that's written in the game.
The Living Towers, and the Challenge Tower from MK9, are not canon. I thought that'd have been pretty obvious but either you must not play much MK or you're incomprehensibly oblivious to the obviousness for some reason. Did you seriously think things like Cyber Reptile were canon?

Dude...dude...seriously. You said:

The game does not (yet) say Fujin is the big bad, living, or even relevant to the plot and no one has been permitted to report on the actual story yet, so that can only be speculation
The hypocrisy, it oozes. Telling me Fujin is dead in MKX like it's a fact then going on to say that the game doesn't say that so it's speculation. Lmao

For the record several outlets now have mentioned Cyrax and Rain being assists in Living Towers missions, this magazine/article is the only time Kabal and Fujin have been mentioned in relation to the Towers.

The article being even remotely wrongly translated isn't "flimsy logic", it's not from an English magazine, it's from a Polish one so it's not going to be perfectly translated. What kind of contradiction would it be to say Fujin's dead and alive as the big bad? It doesn't make sense. Unless he's Schrodinger's Cat.
I never said anything about Fujin doing a Dark Raiden or NRS writing a plot that "kills him in the Towers" (which is one of the stupidest things I've read in this entire 46-page thread considering, as is common knowledge, the Towers are and never were canon), but to tell me to not speculate my completely justified logical guesses based on the rough translation we have (seeing as how there's no exact wording of the entire article in English laid out anywhere) because of a lack of evidence is extremely hypocritical when you're using the exact same evidence I am to try and tell me facts about the game.

Let's just wait and see when the game comes out or we get more info about this, should be fun to look back at this conversation.

Andromeda

I am Bard
See, again, it's just jumping the gun. Instead of actually waiting for legit confirmations, people are immediately assuming that because it says something in one measly little spot that it's it.

I mean, judging on news we've gotten about the stuff we'll be seeing, I guess I should assume Cyrax and Rain will be in this game as playable characters because they're going to be helping me in my matches in the tower? If we're going to jump the gun that quickly, then let's do it for everything, eh?

It's too silly. I'd rather wait for April 14th to actually see who's in the game and who isn't. Judging outfits? Really? Sonya looks like Jill Valentine. She "dies" in Resident Evil 5.... So... Sonya dies in the comic and or game because of her outfit? I can be silly too :)

Dark

Noob
If a character like Fujin or reiko is alive 5 and 10 years after mk9... and dies 15 years after....wouldn't that still make him a playable possibility since the story mode is 5 10 15 20 and 25 years in the future?
Yep. As far as we know, Kotal could die in the next issue and still be playable in the game.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
To those really trying to confirm/Deconfirm on who will be the game based off their comic costumes just stop.....Hell cassie was in sweats the whole damn time she's confirmed, I don't even think Scrops has been shown in his MKX look either, costumes don't mean shit, WTF is wrong with some of you?
Anyway as much as I (kinda) like Raiden, I'd like to see Fujin take on that role this time around, The whole leader for the "goodside" role, It would be nice to see what he would do in these situations and he is also ya'kno another God.. Fucking Kano is in but Fujin can't get a spot.. lol damn.

Last edited: