What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
I'm loving the comic so far and I'm praying to god that Reiko makes it into the game. It make me think that if Reiko is in the game, one of his variations would feature Shao Kahn's Wrath Hammer.

Reading these comics really makes me think that we should get an animated series now. Netflix produced & written by Kittelsen. Imagine how awesome that would be. Obviously not an animated series that appeals to children like Defenders Of The Realm but something that is true to MK.

Ehhh, we should start a petition for this.
reiko has the same costume from armageddon. Yeah, he's not in.

Andromeda

I am Bard
I'd rather wait to see where all these issues are going for Reiko before jumping to the immediate conclusion that he's dead. Fujin has his Armageddon outfit and no one is saying he's dead. Outfits have nothing to do with one's fate. Reiko was Kahn's general, it would make sense for him to still be in that armor.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'd rather wait to see where all these issues are going for Reiko before jumping to the immediate conclusion that he's dead. Fujin has his Armageddon outfit and no one is saying he's dead. Outfits have nothing to do with one's fate. Reiko was Kahn's general, it would make sense for him to still be in that armor.
a) Fujin isn't in direct conflict with a bunch of confirmed characters in a comic full of nobody's getting killed. If next chapter Fujin says, "okay Raiden, I'm going to take Quan Chi down once and for all!" then we'll start assuming he's dead too.
b) We already know Fujin dies. So who cares.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
b) We already know Fujin dies. So who cares.
What do you mean you know he dies? That wasn't confirmed to be a story point, it could just be the description for a Living Tower mission. Keep in mind the person also said Fujin was the big bad so it wouldn't make sense for him to be dead.

Zephyrus

fujin does NOT have his armageddon outfit mate. Neither does he have the one from MK9 Kratos ending.

It's astounding as some of you fail to see that every character in MKX has a new outfit compared to armageddon and MK9, yet you see characters with the same outfits they used in previous games and think "yeah that guy has a chance to be in".

Reiko isn't in. Mavado isn't in. Jarek isn't in. Tasia isn't in.

Frost has a chance to be in. Unlikely as it may be.

trufenix

bye felicia
What do you mean you know he dies? That wasn't confirmed to be a story point, it could just be the description for a Living Tower mission. Keep in mind the person also said Fujin was the big bad so it wouldn't make sense for him to be dead.
So you're suggesting Fujin is alive and well but just as a goof a challenge tower mission says he's dead? Can you honestly say that makes sense to you?

trufenix

bye felicia
My money is on Reiko being the big bad. As he's the next gen version of Shao kahn. Which is what they're going for. He is also being presented as a very serious threat right from the getgo.
I hope you have more money then. Do you really believe this plot is going to take 10 years to play out?

Youphemism

So you're suggesting Fujin is alive and well but just as a goof a challenge tower mission says he's dead? Can you honestly say that makes sense to you?
How is it a goof? The story for the challenge has been laid, "Fujin is dead and the elements have gone wild" I believe it said. Are you suggesting him being dead in the story mode AND being the big bad makes more sense to you?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I feel like it's nearly certain that Reiko and Mileena will be in the game in some capacity. I hope they dont give Reiko a playable character position though. Who cares about stupid Reiko?

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
The same outfit also makes me doubt Reiko's chances in MKX.

What do you guys think about Rain getting a mention, reckon it means much or just appealing to his fans?

Andromeda

I am Bard
fujin does NOT have his armageddon outfit mate. Neither does he have the one from MK9 Kratos ending.

It's astounding as some of you fail to see that every character in MKX has a new outfit compared to armageddon and MK9, yet you see characters with the same outfits they used in previous games and think "yeah that guy has a chance to be in".

Geeze, there's no need to get testy about it. Made a mistake about Fujin's wardrobe, mate. I don't care about either of these characters, not a fan of either one. I just think it's hilarious that people are literally judging the fates of these characters based on their wardrobe.

"Ooh Reiko's apparance hasn't changed, he's dead ." Whether he is or isn't, I'd rather do the rare thing and wait. Not jump the gun like most always do.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Reiko is being presented as a huge threat, I do believe he has a chance to be in the game, Armageddon outfit or not. It's not like he was name dropped/shown once and that's it, e.g. Mavado, or Hsu Hao who was killed off right away.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
i dont get why Goro betrayed Kotal, he's the best ruler Outworld has had by far.
Goro has never been worried about Outworld having "the best ruler," he's only concerned with having favor for his people. Goro served Shao Kahn because Kahn gave the Shokan favor, but after Kahn lost Earth in Mortal Kombat (because Goro lost), he switched his allegiance and allowed the Centaurs to gain favor over the Shokan...which is what laid the foundation for the Edenian Resistance to make an alliance with them and bring Kahn down in MKDA.

Though it hasn't been outline in the comic yet, I'm sure that Reiko and Mileena have made an offer to Goro that he (and his people) could not refuse.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

Geeze, there's no need to get testy about it. Made a mistake about Fujin's wardrobe, mate. I don't care about either of these characters, not a fan of either one. I just think it's hilarious that people are literally judging the fates of these characters based on their wardrobe.

"Ooh Reiko's apparance hasn't changed, he's dead ." Whether he is or isn't, I'd rather do the rare thing and wait. Not jump the gun like most always do.
I didn't say he's dead. I said he's not playable. Understand the difference?

And I'm not jumping the gun. I'm using logic, something so many fail to do.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

I was about to post the same thing after reading the last two thread pages before this one.

Imo the only chance Reiko gets in is if he has some miraculous evolution as a character that justifies an outfit change.

It might seem like it's silly, but in the Injustice comic it played out the exact same way. We knew who was deconfirmed by them having their most standard outfit, for example, Captain Cold.

trufenix

bye felicia
How is it a goof? The story for the challenge has been laid, "Fujin is dead and the elements have gone wild" I believe it said. Are you suggesting him being dead in the story mode AND being the big bad makes more sense to you?
There is zero evidence to support fujin being the big bad. That was just the hope / opinion of the articles writer.

Youphemism

There is zero evidence to support fujin being the big bad. That was just the hope / opinion of the articles writer.
Stop avoiding the question.

And you also said we 'know' Fujin dies but there's zero evidence to support that.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I don't know who is going to be what or who is staying or who is dying.

I'll I know is, these komics are good! Latest issue was hype.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If Mileena dies in the comics my post about that in this thread will be something along the lines of "HAHAHAHAHAHA" and mentioning how the Mileena criers are going to be disappointed and it will be the best fucking thing.

If Mileena turns out to be the big bad in the game however I would actually be ok with that as it brings two good things:
1. An unexpected returning character surprisingly being the big bad.
2. Those stupid whiny moaning fuckers that fantasise about Mileena being in the game will finally shut the hell up since they, as obviously fucking expected anyway, got their fucking Mileena as a playable character in the game. Fucking...GUH the sheer amount of them and the amount they cry for Mileena to be in the game just riles me up. FUCK!

But yeah point is I'd be cool with Mileena ending up being the big bad.

PS. Not all Mileena fans are bad, just most of them.
Kind of like the sheer amount of people that cry about the number of new character reveals in MKX.

Or the number of MK4-MKA characters in the game.

Those guys are unbearable, man!