What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

GGA Max

Things are also coming together now that we know more about the kamidogu. Kotal used his to become a "Blood God" and in the game he gets a huge damage buff (Blood offering special move).

What I'm kind of confused on is the knife. In the game the "knife" he uses:

But in the comic it seems that this bumpy part he cuts his hand with is just a case for the glowing Kamidogu.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Also, I have a prediction.

Kotal goes to confront Goro(who doesn't know anything about his blood magic) and demolished him. This obviously angers the Shokan who were working with Kotal and were oblivious to Goro's treachery. This causes the Shokan uprising and is why we see our Outworld heroes circled by an army of Shokan on that cover.

YOU have a theory?? This was exactly what I was saying was going to happen in our last debate over the last issue.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Things are also coming together now that we know more about the kamidogu. Kotal used his to become a "Blood God" and in the game he gets a huge damage buff (Blood offering special move).

What I'm kind of confused on is the knife. In the game the "knife" he uses:

But in the comic it seems that this bumpy part he cuts his hand with is just a case for the glowing Kamidogu.
I think, and I could be entirely wrong, that contact between the blade and skin is needed for the initiation of the curse/blood code thing, which is why he unsheathes it here and when we see kano marking sub he uses the blade of that one too. Then, whenever he uses it in game and he uses the sheath, that's just for more blood to drip into the blade and sort of "tops up" his power and maybe cutting himself with the blade again would have adverse effects as he would be cursing himself again.

I am just completely making this up, but I think it sounds fairly reasonable.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Also, this issue was f***ing great again. Loving it atm and I hope they keep it up.

Special forces are gonna invade and effectively save Kotal and the rest from the Shokan uprising while in search for Cassie and Jacqui I reckon.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Fair enough. Though it could just as easily be that Kotal merely thinks that Goro is dead after an attempt on his life.
Very likely also... I think being dead or believed to be dead serve the same purpose as to put him on the shelf and his people going after Kotal...
Also, this issue was f***ing great again. Loving it atm and I hope they keep it up.

Special forces are gonna invade and effectively save Kotal and the rest from the Shokan uprising while in search for Cassie and Jacqui I reckon.
Yeah this thing is getting really good... I think the weekly format hurt it a bit at the beginning as there wasn't much meat to anything but now it's all coming together nicely...
I do think you are right too... This also may be where Cassie joins the special forces...

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Very cool issue, Goro crushed poor Kotal K'etz. But noooow Kotal Kahn will demolish poor Goro :( Makes me feel better that he needs blood magic (or some blood god's help, whatever) to beat him though. :p

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
This was the HARDEST issue to read so far... Emotionally. I was clutching pearls and gagging the entire time!

Reiko being a whore (I totally believe he tried to seduce Shao too but Shao was like GTFO).
Mileena being a useless pawn (that is because she's still young right? RIGHT?)
Rain doing something (but not being seen...)
Kotal's Father (OMGGGGGG I knew it was coming but I GAGGED!)
Mavado's ugly ass appearing (ew)
Kotal going down the morally grey route

Even though he's dissing my girl, I sprays liked his gay ass so I hope he's in (and just as huge please).

Also, yes, Goro is confirmed but as DLC. The showdown could just be in story mode.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

First of all, I don't ready every post in this thread.

Second of all this is what I said:
Kotal goes to confront Goro(who doesn't know anything about his blood magic) and demolished him. This obviously angers the Shokan who were working with Kotal and were oblivious to Goro's treachery. This causes the Shokan uprising and is why we see our Outworld heroes circled by an army of Shokan on that cover.

All according to Quan Chi Jr's plan.
I said why and what causes the Shokan uprising, not if it'll involve Goro or not, or even if he'll die.

Hell, he could survive his fight with Kotal and go limping back to his father, and then recover to fight in the uprising.

Andromeda

I am Bard
Curiosity killed the cat, yes, I am curious as to what Reiko sees in Mileena... As in that womp chicka womp-womp feeling, if there really is any.

Though, I am a little disappointed that Goro betrayed Kotal, I kinda don't want to see this character evil. But hey, it would be cool to see some random reason to bring in Kintaro to side with Kotal and have a full out battle between the two Shokans.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Interesting, so Reiko seduced Mileena ha...I thought it was the other way around. I also don't think Kahn was gay btw to the dude who said that, MK9 the guy had bitches all over him in chains, plus Mileena, Kitana etc he treated like uhh definitely NOT daughters lol. And he can just make people with his magic, who needs to take Shao Kahn seeds when his magic is essentially seeds? lol Ermac, Skarlet anyone? I know they're not his children but he still created them...

Anywho, so Goro betrays his own people for sake of power ha. I bet he'll indeed have to go into hiding once Kotal kicks his ass or beg to come back. I like how Reptile is on Kotal's side and soon this little plot will end, I want to see Scorpion, Sub and Raiden again! Also curious what happens with Cassie and Sonya etc, and of course when Ermac shows up! He's no where to be seen here, which leaves me to believe he went the hermit/neutral route.

King of interesting how Rain is powerful enough to block the entire skys sun rays, pretty cool feat considering Raiden can do it as well.

Man anyone else feel bad for Kotal's father? lol he got one good shot in with Shao Kahn's wrath hammer but damn, got messed up after that.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Curiosity killed the cat, yes, I am curious as to what Reiko sees in Mileena... As in that womp chicka womp-womp feeling, if there really is any.
He doesn't see anything romantically (that panel makes it blatantly obvious). She's the rightful heir to the throne and he aspires to be the Emperor.