5. Kung Lao
6. Scorpion
7. Shang Tsung
8. Cage
9. Raiden
10. Sub-Zero
11. Baraka
12. Reptile
I knew Scorpion wasn't that low, alot of his combo's lead to a powerful uppercut :twisted:

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I personally think Raiden is just a better version of Cage and shouldn't be below him.

Electric Grab > Nut Punch/Elbow Uppercut/anything that Cage has

Teleport

Lightning > Green Shot

Torpedo = Shadow Kick

But mainly I think Electric Grab and teleport puts him over Cage.

PEACE

Lee-K

Noob
I always see LP LP teleport discussed after the grab, but on most characters the HP HP will work -- does LP LP work on everyone? Is there a damage difference?

Raiden is one of the most fun characters to play with in the game.

Cage is a good character, Very good. In the Right hands. Those hands are very few and far between. I've only seen one good cage in my life time. Cage sucks far away and up close. His fireball zoning just does not cut it unless you are facing a jumper. The only good area for cage to really battle, is somewhere just outside sweep range. His only good thing going for him IMO is to stay just enough away to Punish every missed sweep and move with a shadow kick during the frames where you cannot block. If done properly, this is very frustrating. Its not enough. His sweep IMO is one if not the worst in the game when it comes to mind. He just can't do shit unless you are playing a dummy, or just someone who's getting tricked left and right

Raiden is faaaaaaar better then Cage. Defensively, Offensively, and Cowardly.

Imagine (scheiss and some others) REy2's Raiden, Playing keep away all day. It is unbelievably hard to win.

Official Tier list or not. I will never ever consider Cage > Raiden.

I'd say more but I have to run.

Slips

Personally, I feel Raiden should be higher even past Cage, past Shang and MAYBE past Scorp. Shang has great normals, best jk and fireballs, his lp's are really good too, but I don't think they measure up to the weapons that Raiden has.

+Raiden punishes MUCH harder
+MUCH better mobility

=Rush down I think is in Radien's favor but I'll SAY its equal, Shang's got really good lp's, but Raiden has a lot more options with his special moves.

-Shang has better zoning with his fireballs
-Best jk

To me I think it goes to Raiden.

The only reason I say he might be better than Scorp is because he doesn't have any HORRIBLE match-ups like Scorp vs. Liu or Scorp vs. Lao. Raiden has some hard matches, but nothing like those.

VA380

Noob
I personally think Shang should be higher ... after all, he's every character in one .... his single fireball is extremely effective just outside a sweep distance, his jump kick is extremely effective, he can straight kick anybody who jumps (minus baraka), and his sweep is one of the fastest on the game (sweep, turn into sub, ground freeze, uppercut) .... and he has one of the best jabs in the entire game.

Jax is a VERY effective character, but too many players get anxiety from fear of the ground pound, lol .... don't set yourself up by jumping to him .... it's not a bad thing to take 1 GP to get closer. If you stay in close to Jax during the round, you have a very good chance of beating him, no matter how good the Jax player is.

Just an opinion though. :D

VA380

Noob
Scheisse = DJ_Eric_DarkSide????

What's good bro ... i miss those matches with us and Crazy Dominican .... send me a PM or something. I haven't touched UMK3 since I was ranked 8th on the leaderboards. My little bro got a hold of my 360, I dropped like 200 spots, lol. :twisted:

Slips

VA380, if we're counting Shang and his morphs, then yea he's better than Raiden, but I thought it was just Shang himself, in which case I think Raiden wins.

And if you ask me, Jax is better than Mileena.

Jax owns 10 characters in the game for free. Loses to 1.

Mileena owns 4 of characters in the game. Equal fights to 7

So the question is it worse to have one bad match vs. No bad matches but having to fight legitamety vs. most of the rest of the cast.

Just my 2 cents.

PEACE

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This is how i feel the Tier list should look like. i think its a joke that you guys have raiden as the 9th best in the game i say he's 6th best.

then again we could pretty much put Characters 6-10 in a bag and pull out a name and put them in that order.

1 ~ Mileena
2 ~ Jax
3 ~ Liu Kang
4 ~ Kitana
5 ~ Kung Lao
6 ~ Raiden
7 ~ Scorpion
8 ~ Shang Tsung
9 ~ Cage
10 ~ Sub-Zero
11 ~ Baraka
12 ~ Reptile

VA380

Noob
My fault Scheisse .... I saw the name in the sig.

Slips, I feel what you are sayin' ... it's all relative though. It really just depends on how good x is with x player, against x players .... if that makes sense :lol:

if i were the one who make this tier i wouldnt put reptile at the very bottom, thats just like being at the bottom food chain, reptile is very good if u just know how to play

raiden vs shang tsung, depend how the other player react. superman's move cant touch shang tsung. electric grab hardly work on shang if he turtle and block all the time, raiden's jab dont work on shang, from my view id put shang above raiden....

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I feel that Shang > Raiden as well. I also think that there is no way that a Male Ninja, any of them, are better than Shang simply due to his jabs hit them while ducking. The lockdown with that is better than Kitana. Once Shang gets close to a ninja, it's over.

um, Shang can't touch Raiden to an extent.

If shang is just merely shang what can he do spam fireballs? Alls Raiden has to do is teleport behind him and shock grab him to aalplp superman.

Shang can't play aggressively to Raiden because Raiden can run away all day and never allow Shang to catch him. I would just run away all day and make you eventually jump and hit you with SUJP / superman.

Shang can't turtle against Raiden either because he doesn't have a projectile to do any zoning for the life of him against him as I said already. Unless you are playing a shitty Raiden or something Its going to be a tough battle.

Shang doesn't own anybody in this game but Kitana Baraka and Cage.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Shangs place against Raiden is back to the corner against teleport happy opponents. It's a turtlefest for sure, he just waits and counters.

Shang owns Male Ninjas.

Konqrr said:
Shangs place against Raiden is back to the corner against teleport happy opponents. It's a turtlefest for sure, he just waits and counters.

Shang owns Male Ninjas.
True, In the corner Raiden can't teleport behind and I guess Shang would own then.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Shang also hits Raiden ducking without block the same as he hits Male Ninjas. It is very difficult for Raiden to get away, he has to try to jump away or he will die by chip damage alone.

Against Male Ninjas and Raiden, Shang can simply mixup lp, lplp, or lplplp and sweep them if they let off block and begin it all over again. If they are ducking but not blocking, you can do lphphp and the hp will force them to stand to sell the hp's lol

Lee-K

Noob
Hey Konqrr what's this thing I remember seeing you say about holding back and block while LPing or something? I feel like I'm missing out on a valuable technique. :lol:

Slips

Raiden can torpedo shang all day, he simply can't do anything about it accept jump away or start throwing out fireballs. If Shang gets into the corner Raidne can just teleport and block and then Shang is pinned.

As far as lp's go, that does suck for Radien but he can electric grab through the jabs. There is some weird property with electric grab that it will deactivate during certain moves blocked from crouch. I think sweep and jk specifically, but I know I've electric grabbed people simply doing lp's while blocking from crouch. If stand blocking, the grab will never deactivate, and it much easier to grab jabs then.

Not to sound arrogant, but I persoanlly have never came across a Shang that beats my Raiden hands down.

PEACE

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Shang can simply tap block as Raiden flys over him with the Superman and can then get an easy jump kick or he can simply walk up and aahp or lp and trap Raiden with jabs.

The corner thing, how is Shang pinned? He ducks under Raiden's jabs, even while blocking right? If Raiden teleports and blocks, he is at the mercy of Shang's jabs again. While the stand and block to bait an opening for the grab is a good tactic, it doesn't save him. Shang has to be standing right next to Raiden for that to work, and he doesn't need to be that close to jab Raiden to death.

Shang > Raiden + Male Ninjas due to jabs

Slips

Hmmm, yea thats true, I wish I could play you sometime Konqrr I'd like to play a good Shang. :)

PEACE

My two cents...The only good ninja against Shang is Subzero. Fireballs don't work too well because a good Sub will freeze you while throwing them out. A good sub can easily slide under the Fireballs as well, but then he'd have to think fast of what to do next. Shang has to get close and the only way he can do so is walking in or morphing to Raiden / Kung and do a quick teleport. Jumping in is dangerous because a ninja can still RH Shang's dominant JK. Sub can keep Shang away by simply keeping distance with a ground freeze. Shang would have to either walk in and avoid a ground freeze, or Jump and get a RH.

I'm not saying Sub is better then Shang, but Shang does not completely own him like he does Reptile and especially Scorpion. Sub has some tactics of his own to put up a good battle.

EDIT: an Invisible Reptile will give Shang problems as well. Simply duck fireballs and slide under them all day. Leave Shang not knowing where the hell you are and maybe get some RH's in if he jumps.