What's new

MKII Tier List Discussion

Can anyone hook me up with a quick list? I seem to remember Mileena and Jax being at the top? I just didn't know what the current concensus is.

Thanks.

ded

Elder God
1. Mileena *
2. Jax *
3. Liu
4. Kitana
5. Kung
6. Baraka
7. Cage
8. Shang Tsung
9. Scorpion
10. Raiden
11. Sub-Zero
12. Reptile

*Most people believe Mileena is N1 and Jax is N2 but my personal list is Jax #1, Mileena #2.

its not personal.

its what ive witness many times over and over in a real tournaments.
maybe you guys dont understand. :wink:

ded

Elder God
and maybe you dont understand :roll:

why dont you list what you think tier list should be. GO LAO!!!

im not hating on anyone here. im just saying what ive seen in tournaments that i played in.

but the breakdown goes like this as how it ended in the real tournaments that i have went to thru the midwest.

1.kung lao
2.mileena*
3.jax
4.kitana
5.liu*
6.cage
7.baraka
8.shang tsung
9.scorpion
10.raiden
11. sub-zero
12.reptile

*mileena is higher then jaxs only because of non stop sai's which most people use vs. jax in tournament play
*liu is lower then kitana because kitana destory liu on higher damage exchange, but, is a mileena killer.

those two can change in postion a lot based on different tournament play.

ded

Elder God
wasnt you the guy from mkonline who claims lao is the best? my nickname is psykosonik there, i think i explained everything there, but i can paste it again if you want lol, and btw:

ded_ said:
personal lists dont count :twisted:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Bob, are you Fistdacuffs?

Lao is NOT #1 in MK2, he is #5!

Also, Kitana can't touch Liu.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You probably went to tournaments back in the mid 90s before Mileena's rank was fully established.

When you make a claim like this, you need to provide reasons, not just "This is what I saw in tournaments" because you're the only one who's seen this. Care to explain why you think Kung Lao > Mileena in MKII?

can someone tell me why kang is better then kitana, and why lao is not better then jax and mileena? i just wanna know why.

ded

Elder God
Mileena - The key to her combos is the roll, even then you cant always get jp-air sai or tel kick. Yeah you can zone with low aaSais but a good scorpion player and also good jax player can beat that. Good jabs and almost impossible to jump against her if its a good mileena player. More danger in corner than jax, in left corner you can easy inf everybody. Good Sweep too.

Jax - HK - Ground Pound. The best strat in the game against turtles, yeah some air characters can escape it but then the only way is to attack. One throw goes into multi throw + ground pound again. One close hammer goes to 50+, TAK leads to backbreacker. Large area for his fireball, you just cant attack him everytime safely. He can be danger in corner too, his only weaknes is his jabs.

Liu Kang - Almost perfect zonner, there is actually almost nothing you can do against far low fireball + close low fireballs (except moves that has shorter starter frames). Flying Kick and Bike Kick are good wake ups which can be easy counterd anyway but good against more than half screen ducked fireballs and etc. Awesome Uppercut and RH which makes you hard to attack him. His JK has high area and you can almost always add high fireball and flying kick or low fireball even blocked. Bad combos in corner although he has corner inf its almost impossible in vs game, but you will say goodbye at last to 60%+ for your energy.

Kitana - The Fan lift is broken as hell - JK, Air Fan and Wave Punch is easy against almost everyone. Jabs like Mileena. In corner you can get even 100% with the Fan. Low Air fans sometimes combined with Wave Punch depends against who you are playing with. Good sweep, Close Jabs, Low Air Fans and Fan Lift the opponent dont need more than two mistakes to be dead.

Kung Lao - Can zone with the hat throw but difficult. aaSpin leads to huge combos if you can counter jumpes with it. Late div kicks can easy trick the opponent and you can always add it after aajp or aajk. You can also go for corner traps with blocked spins. Good jabs too but easy can be uppercuted by some characters. The Teleport can almost always be countered from ducked character or turtle, its tricky to do it with early SUJK against them. You cant use it to escape corner traps and it actually is only 100% save when you can escape mid-screen characters, useless against most characters.

Well, no wonder I did so poorly in MK II. Those ninjas suck. Haha. Thanks for posting the list Ded. I know SubZero is low on the list but could you post a reasoning why he is so, similar to the Jax, Mileena and Liu Kang one? Same with Reptile and Scorpion if you have an opportunity to do so. Thanks

ded_ said:
1. Mileena *
2. Jax *
3. Liu
4. Kitana
5. Kung
6. Baraka
7. Cage
8. Shang Tsung
9. Scorpion
10. Raiden
11. Sub-Zero
12. Reptile

*Most people believe Mileena is N1 and Jax is N2 but my personal list is Jax #1, Mileena #2.

ded

Elder God
i posted details about liu, mileena and jax, i will post few stuff about ninjas later too

I just now realize that the in the begenning of MKII deconstructed, the characters images that go by actually represented the tier list (At that time.)

ded

Elder God
Few Stuff About Male Ninjas. I will not go deep into them but just a short review. They all have awesome RHs, can counter even Baraka's JK and JP, good HK and LK, and not bad jabs:

Reptile

He is the worst, thats obvious. He is slow and predictable. The Slide is good for wake ups, but can be easy punished. The Forceball could be a great move if it hadnt so much startup and if it wasnt so slow. Still you can try crouch punch - uppercut or RH-HK mid screen if you catch someone. The Acid Spit takes a little damage but its somehow fast and usefull against jumpers sometimes. Easy Punishable too. You can try to combine both acid spit and forceball against turtles with no transport moves or freeze. The Invisiblity can be tricky if you know what you are doing.

Although he has tons of infinites, they are not usefull.

Sub-Zero

Better than Reptile. The Slide can be used like wake up again. He has good tactics with Jabs-Ground Freeze but they will be easy escapable against high-level player. Otherwise its a great move, it can open the opp for 50% combos sometimes and can be used even in corner traps. The Freeze is usefull move, but slow too. It can be very usefull to help you in corner so you can get the RH Inf.

Tak-Ground Freeze, Jabs-Ground Freeze, Normall Safe Freeze, Wake up Slides, good but not enough against top tiers.

Scorpion

Scorpion can be used both offensive and defensive. You can even use the RH-Teleport Punch-Spear trick if its timed well. The retalations are good usualy with aaHP.

The Air THrow is very usefull move, its explained well in UMK3 Character Guides, so i will not go into details about it in mk2. You can use the Teleport for escapes but not in corner of course. You can try stuff like jabs trap mixed with teleport punch, and spear then sometimes. Scorpion can be very dangerious in corner, thanks to his spear. He is one of the biggest threats to god tier mileena.

The f,d,b,lk move is completely useless, unless you use it as a last move.

I have do disagree a little bit about Reptile, his Acid Split is not easy punishable, in fact, its the projectile with the fastes recovery time (acid split against Ice, Ice can be blocked, for example)

And the Forceball + Acid split against turtle is useless because you can disable the forceball with a duck lk.

But of course he still is the worst of all, the only good chance is to get save invisible and outsmart the enemy then.

ded

Elder God
i'm talking about start up not recovery time. i mentioned its fast enough.

what can turtle do against acid spit-forceball and slide?

" the Forceball is useless because you can disable the forceball with a duck lk."

i forgot is this true for mk3 also? my memory is rusty. :?