What's new

MKII Tier List Discussion

Hm I ALWAYS think that Scorpion wuld be real high.
I though hed be the best in MK 1.
But Im sadly mistaken.
But Reptile that low?
That I of never guessed!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If the game were more balanced, Scorpion as he is would be ranked higher. He is a very effective character as it is though and a good counter to Mileena. It becomes a horrid turtle battle though, even worse than vs Jax.

Reptile just has no options to fight against most of the cast. Invis is his only true tactic and even that can't save him. Maybe if his forceball came out faster he'd be above Sub, maybe even Raiden.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Can't really say based on speculation. It would have to be implemented and played with at a high level.

ButtManV3 said:
I'm pretty sure he'd be pretty high up there.us
Probably, The FastBall from UMK 3 in MK II would own. The lack of a Run button would make it hard to get in there first. It would almost go as fast as Mileena's Sai Shot, which is what makes her so High Tier.

dreemernj

Ambassador
abc ur dead0 said:
ButtManV3 said:
I'm pretty sure he'd be pretty high up there.us
Probably, The FastBall from UMK 3 in MK II would own. The lack of a Run button would make it hard to get in there first. It would almost go as fast as Mileena's Sai Shot, which is what makes her so High Tier.
The Sai Shot is great because the air one fires off fast and recovers fast. I believe it moves at the same speed as say Raiden's projectile. If Reptile had the forceball and it fired with only a couple of frames and recovered almost instantly, that would be quite interesting.

Maybe if the forceball had better collision. It's really hard to hit somebody in the air with it. It just explodes and nothing happens.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Reptile would probably be top 4 if he had a fast forceball that recovered quickly as well. He could seriously zone with that, invis, and his aaRH...but he would still have to take some major risks by hitting people with a slide who use the d+lk to blow up the forceball so it doesn't hit them (like how you avoid the homing missiles from Sektor). Each time his slide is blocked is at least 25%.

1. Mileena
2. Jax
3. Liu Kang
4. Kitana
5. Cage
6 Raiden
7. Baraka
8. Kung Lao
9. Shang Tsung
10. Scorpion
11. Sub-Zero
12.Reptile

Just my opinoion.

Mario

Noob
My personal tier list, based on online play

1. Jax (ground pound turtling owns, very cheap, I rarely select him now because I know he's frustrating to fight against and I dont want to drive away my online compitition, there's not much of it as it is)
2. Lui Kang (low and air fireballs, good uppercut, powerful wakeup game with the bicycle kick, a strong turtle fighter)
3. Mileena (sai spamming is hard to counter with certain characters, plus she has hard to counter high priority jump kicks and sweeps, good uppercut)
4. Kitana (high damage projectile, high priority female ninja kicks, good uppercut)
5. Kung Lao (strong uppercut, dart kick can be very effective, crouching low kicks good at getting out of pressure, spin)
6. Shang Tsung (perhaps the best jump kicker in the game, the easiest for me to get a friendship with, and with his fireballs he's a strong turtler)
7. Scorpion (can be very confusing with his teleports, that ninja roundhouse)
8. Sub Zero (get caught with his projectile and lose a lot of life, slide is hard to punish online, he's my preferred fighter against Lui Kang and Mileena players)
9. Raiden (teleport is very useful, so is his torpedo against certain characters)
10. Reptile(it's about invisibility and turtling with the forceball and acid spit, acid spit is very fast and hits high and so is good against jump kicks)
11. Cage (I rarely use this guy but his cross-up nut punch is good at catching opponents who are not thinking, shadow kick is also good counter move)
12. Baraka (again I rarely use him so he doesn't rate high on my list, great jump kicker though)

ded

Elder God
baraka is awesome at close range. his main goal is jabs, knees, swipes and rhs mixed with of course jks and jps

yo, i think with psnlive or sony broad band i dont know what they call it.

but, damm. reptile is fun as hell and sneaky invisible online. but, for this i dont see where he can move up in a 12 man standing. but, invisible. is the way to go online. :D

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Is there really an 'official' tier list or is everyone just kinda making their own?

its never offical, its only what people have seen to win tournaments over and over again back in the day. process of elimantion.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
After getting back into this game and getting a considerable amount of Baraka in Random Select games, his game is up close. The first knee of the popup is very good and recovers fast. BUUUUUUT...I have to agree that he does suck, he suffers greatly against Sub and even Reptile. Any jump kick attempt by anyone really, even Baraka, is snuffed by a sujk which does considrable damage.

I agree with the tier list that Scheisse posted:

1. Mileena
2. Jax
3. Liu Kang
4. Kitana
5. Kung Lao
6. Scorpion
7. Shang Tsung
8. Cage
9. Raiden
10. Sub-Zero
11. Baraka
12. Reptile

Also, Kung Lao is a very good counter for Liu Kang if they use a lot of low fireballs. If you know that Liu is going to do a low fireball, you can whiff dive kick right on top of him and hit with a spin. This cuts Liu's gameplan down considerably.

Yea, Sub-Zero owns Baraka. His freeze is below Baraka's blade spark causing Baraka to be punished and frozen anytime he trys to shoot his projetile. This causes Baraka to try and play a close game, watch for it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I would have to say yes, but only online. Raiden has a great advantage by spamming the superman. It is very difficult to counter it with the online lag/delay.

Offline, Cage can just outwait Raiden and counter him.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Raiden's jabs don't hit Cage blocking low either which sucks, its a tough match for Raiden.

But I think vs. the rest of the cast Raiden does a lil better than Cage just b/c of his versatility, his offense is pretty solid.

PEACE

RoGE

Noob
about the mileena sai spaming thing...couldn't you just use a characters teloport to avoid it?