What's new

MK9: Unofficial Tier List Speculation, and/or Character Shenanigans Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, REO I'd probably do as well with Kung Lao as you would with Ermac or Sub-Zero ;) hehe but honestly, Kung Lao doesn't take rocket science to use...bet you anything, he's the most picked character online and off...or one of the most.

Check, I saw that no worries dude with Infusion, good stuff.

Wow, that Sub-Zero glitch they need to fix that.

Seems a issue with Sub-Zero has been discovered by a new member. Best I can I compare is think Zero Snapback Glitch in MvC3

Thats the thread below
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5083-Sub-Zero-s-GAME-BREAKING-Ice-Beam-Glitch-(Vid)&p=54397#post54397

This is straight to the video.
http://vgbootcamp.com/entry.php?12-MK9-Sub-Zero-s-Ice-Beam-Glitch

Bannable until it gets fixed?
The thing is, that happens only with that combo right? because there is a big difference between ban a single combo or ban the use of Ice bean entirely on the corner.

MKF30

Ermac isn't that easy to use or nearly as powerful as Kung Lao... otherwise everyone would be using him....I'm not saying he's hard, he's not the hardest to use in the game, but between online and offline generally speaking from vids etc compare Ermac being picked vs. Kung Lao. I rest my case. With all these streams offline, so far I've seen Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Cage, Reptile picked the most.....Ermac by two people Krayzie Bone and LIJoe....

Who is your main character AC, curious?

Honestly, I'd love to see vids of you guys playing Ermac. He has no up close game with mix ups,best thing combos you can get up close are his jump ins.... he can hold his own but it's clearly a fact that he has no extremely good mix ups and no highs into lows etc like some other characters, he's a range fighter. If you can't zone, turtle well with him chances are you won't win.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
Does anyone think Kung needs a nerf? I mean they nerfed Sindel for almost no reason, and Kung is just too GDLKE in more than one way.

Does anyone think Kung needs a nerf? I mean they nerfed Sindel for almost no reason, and Kung is just too GDLKE in more than one way.
He is getting nerfed...his spin is anyways...I don't necessarily agree with it but as far as I know it's happening.
He will still be a badass though doesn't matter.
On a side note your avatar is f*cking sweet Calypso is a BAMF.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ermac is hella easy mode to play.

If anyone asked me what character I would suggest that is easy to pick up and play to learn the game, it would be Ermac and Liu Kang.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Ermac isn't that easy otherwise everyone would be using him....I'm not saying he's hard, he's not the hardest to use in the game, but between online and offline generally speaking from vids etc compare Ermac being picked vs. Kung Lao. I rest my case. With all these streams offline, so far I've seen Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Cage, Reptile picked the most.....Ermac by two people Krayzie Bone and LIJoe....

Who is your main character AC, curious?

Honestly, I'd love to see vids of you guys playing Ermac. He has no up close game with mix ups,best thing combos you can get up close are his jump ins.... he can hold his own but it's clearly a fact that he has no extremely good mix ups and no highs into lows etc like some other characters, he's a range fighter. If you can't zone, turtle well with him chances are you won't win.

I've seen even more people using Ermac....Floe, Testament, etc. so he's not as hardcore character as you try to portray him.

My characters are Mileena, Kung Lao, Kabal and Kitana (some might say there ya go, another Lao user but here I would like to clarify that i picked him long before the game was out...he just turned out to be good)

P.S. I like watching Ermac and the rest of the ninjas play but I don't like the feel of using them so I wont be playing as them at all.

MKF30

I just noticed you have PSN tagAC(I take it you do not play on Xbox then) but just on 360 so far, I've seen like 2 maybe 3 people use Ermac, only one guy looked like he knew what he was doing. That's a few people using Ermac means, still not as much as Kung Lao lol

Konqrr, yeah dude I'm not saying he's HARD to play I just don't think he's the "easiest" in the game, what I should say what I meant initially...but being competitive with him against the top guy is fun yet challenging :) I think Ermac, I think easier to play, harder to master" that's the sense I'm thinking, but in terms of picking up and playing casually definitely not that hard I agree.

Liu kang I agree is very easy to pick up and play in every MK game just about. I remember the MK team even saying this a few times as well. Still, I've found that it's not worth picking Ermac UNLESS you turtle very well...from my experience anyway so far. The farther he is, the better for him lol. Knocking people out of the air with teleports don't hurt either lol.

Kitana is pretty good, I mean from what I've seen and played so far. She's fast.

I'm actually a little surprised more people don't use Kabal. I use him as my 4th guy but still getting a grip on him. I noticed a lot of people who use Kitana also use Mileena.

oZii

Noob
You can't be serious right? If you are its understandable that you don't know.

To avoid going down the dark road once again just go back to page 7 of this thread and continue all the way to say about page 25. You will get the picture. Kung lao has more pages in this thread than anyone else. It was ugly no need to start it back up.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
Oh come on are you guys really?! yall going to degrade this thread into a "my character isn't easy to use, nor is he/she most picked online or offline" bull sh8t topic?

seriously listen to yourselves, sounding hella scrubby.

REO

Undead
Yeah, REO I'd probably do as well with Kung Lao as you would with Ermac or Sub-Zero ;) hehe but honestly, Kung Lao doesn't take rocket science to use...bet you anything, he's the most picked character online and off...or one of the most.
Please come prove it.

There's like a million Kung Lao's but how many have actually won any tourneys or are even good?

And I just wanna say Ermac is even easy mode when compared to someone like Liu, so you have no room to be talking down on other chars calling them easy mode when you struggle with the easiest char in the game.

MKF30 said:
I think Ermac, I think "easier to play, harder to master"
You know "being hard to master" can be said for every single character in the game so it doesn't really mean anything. Ermac isn't harder to master than Reptile, Stryker or Kano. But he's basically easy mode for newbies. Ermac is just easy to pick up and learn and be decent with. There's just not that much depth to the guy. That's all.

Someone maining Noob telling others they being scrubby. That's rich. :p

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ermac is by far the easiest, if not the single easiest character to pick up and play. Thats a fact, MKF. Now you know, so lets move on.

Before you post in this thread again, you need to back track and read about this entire thread.

not joking either.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
Haha...

Wait.. is this a serious post?
Yes it was, I'm guessing I missed something. Way to be a dick and just laugh at my question. That's why we have forums to learn, I unfortunately don't have time to read through every post while new ones are being made to catch up.

He is getting nerfed...his spin is anyways...I don't necessarily agree with it but as far as I know it's happening.
He will still be a badass though doesn't matter.
On a side note your avatar is f*cking sweet Calypso is a BAMF.
Yeah he is! and thnx I edited the pic myself. And ok thnx I'm glad to know that.

Ermac is hella easy mode to play.

If anyone asked me what character I would suggest that is easy to pick up and play to learn the game, it would be Ermac and Liu Kang.
Yeah but you can say the same for most of the roster. Either way unless the player's just gdlke in fighters, they'll still get swept picking Ermac or not.
I'm personally tired of ppl saying Ermac is so easy wen really he's not in a competetive match. He's just accessable, and can breakdown matches. "Mastering" and playing well is another story.

You can't be serious right? If you are its understandable that you don't know.

To avoid going down the dark road once again just go back to page 7 of this thread and continue all the way to say about page 25. You will get the picture. Kung lao has more pages in this thread than anyone else. It was ugly no need to start it back up.
Thnx for pointing that out to me, like others have failed to attempt.
I figured I missed something, the moment my post was scoffed at.

Oh come on are you guys really?! yall going to degrade this thread into a "my character isn't easy to use, nor is he/she most picked online or offline" bull sh8t topic?

Agreed with this post 100%

You know "being hard to master" can be said for every single character in the game so it doesn't really mean anything. Ermac isn't harder to master than Reptile, Stryker or Kano. But he's basically easy mode for newbies. Ermac is just easy to pick up and learn and be decent with. There's just not that much depth to the guy. That's all.
I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with you.
Seriously though, the same can be same about ever character in almost every fighter.
There's no easy button, just certain advantages and disadvantages.

Someone maining Noob telling others they being scrubby. That's rich. :p
What happened to the whole thing that just happened with Ermac? :p

REO

Undead
I also wanna say you can be the easiest char to play but hardest to win with and the hardest char to play but easiest to win with (not talking about Kung or Ermac specifically, just in general) so some don't take what I said the wrong way.

I also wanna say you can be the easiest char to play but hardest to win with and the hardest char to play but easiest to win with (not talking about Kung or Ermac specifically, just in general) so some don't take what I said the wrong way.
This is true, I play Tagger on BlazBlue, he is really easy to learn, and he don't require rocket science to start dealing damage.... BUT he is the bottom of the bottom of the BB tire list and you need to work extra hard to have a chance at anything against competent people, he does devastate scrubs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.