What's new

MK9: Unofficial Tier List Speculation, and/or Character Shenanigans Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyke_out

Noob
Kano S tier? Wow REO. You got balls. :p

Post-patch he'll finally have a low juggle starter and some up ball shens but placing him S is a bit much imho. But yeah, he's definitely strong: One of the best zoners in the game, arial control with airborne ball + air throw, an overhead + low that can lead to juggles, safe blockstrings because of choke and some decent 30-40% damaging combos. Definitely A+ at worst.

lol @ Quan Chi without his rune trap. :)

But I think Kano has favorable match-ups vs most of the top tier, particularly Johnny Cage, Raiden and I want to say Kung, which should place him decently high.

But I think Kano has favorable match-ups vs most of the top tier, particularly Johnny Cage, Raiden and I want to say Kung, which should place him decently high.
Hmm.. I haven't thought about that. It's true I remember Tom Brady said Kano was good vs Raiden teleports because of his quick recovery.

Noob may be low-mid tier but he's a hell of a great counter-pick vs zoners and rushdown which constitute 90% of S tier and A+ basically.

@REO: I just noticed you also put Sindel A and Jade B. That kind of suprised me. Care to elaborate on why you feel Sindel is "better" than Jade?

REO

Undead
Well Vulcan pretty much nailed it but to add onto what he said Kano up ball will be like Cage's flipkick. It's gonna be safe on block 95% of the time and he can use it to get out of pressure or do things like up close knife throw -> up ball to check you. When this gets you to hold block and respect his up ball it opens him to being able to throw out his mid / low mix-ups all day.

Milk

Snake eyes
I wanna' know why Smoke is lower. He has tools for almost every single situation. Even without air throw otg Smoke can do some serious damage, has a great teleport, a counter, good normals. ???

I'd say switch out Smoke and Noob. Noob is good in corner, and can zone, but past that, mid screen he's pretty difficult to succeed with.

REO said:
Kano up ball will be like Cage's flipkick. It's gonna be safe on block 95% of the time and he can use it to get out of pressure or do things like up close knife throw -> up ball to check you.
WHAT?! That can't be right lol. I didn't hear about that.

I mean I main Kano and even I think that's BS lol.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
so wait, where is the link for the patch notes? or is it just rumors

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Why is Shang anything better than B? He's slow, has a hard time getting people off him, and probably the worst wakeup options in the game.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
LOL Kano upball like flipkick. Hella dumb, game needs less moves like that, not more haha. Kano is a really underused/under-appreciated character. I was kind of hoping it would stay that way, he is fucking annoying lol. I smell a Kano bandwagon after he gets buffed, even though he was really good in the first place.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I just started using Kano this weekend, now it's good to hear he's getting a buff :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I wanna' know why Smoke is lower. He has tools for almost every single situation. Even without air throw otg Smoke can do some serious damage, has a great teleport, a counter, good normals. ???

I'd say switch out Smoke and Noob. Noob is good in corner, and can zone, but past that, mid screen he's pretty difficult to succeed with.
Smoke is not as good as you think he is, and losing the otg makes him even worse.

I agree with that list that REO posted, good stuff.

cyke_out

Noob
LOL Kano upball like flipkick. Hella dumb, game needs less moves like that, not more haha. Kano is a really underused/under-appreciated character. I was kind of hoping it would stay that way, he is fucking annoying lol. I smell a Kano bandwagon after he gets buffed, even though he was really good in the first place.
Frankly, I'm against Cage's flash kick being as safe as it is. and as a Kano user since day 4 or whatever, I felt like his up-ball was the perfect move risk/reward wise- amazing anti- air and get off me tool but with enough punishment to not be thrown out randomly- basically a Shoyuken.

Kano is already a good character and even if he never got buffed, I'd use him. His low now being a low is the only real thing I feel like he needs. but if NRS is making his up-ball safer, maybe they know something he lacks that we don't know.

REO

Undead
Yeah, I don't get it, they're leaving chars like Raiden and Cage alone, nerfing chars like Kung Lao and Ermac, and then buffing chars like Kano and Reptile. I don't know who's calling the shots but I'm lost at the direction they're heading.

@REO: I just noticed you also put Sindel A and Jade B. That kind of suprised me. Care to elaborate on why you feel Sindel is "better" than Jade?
I feel Sindel is a safer pick atm. The only real issue are match-ups where she gets outzoned heavily and is forced to rushdown or where she can't maintain any defense. Other than that she has has a good keep away game with IAFBs and pokes / spacing with 2 in 1 flight cancels. Jade's true potential hasn't been seen, yet, so I just placed her in B but it seems she is gonna be one of those chars that after time will turn out better than most thought.

cyke_out

Noob
Well, it's like I said, if Cage is going to kep his safe anti-air then I see no reason why Kano's shouldn't be the same as they both serve the same goal.

although due to Kano having better zoning, I see his up-ball as more useful for his game to keep people out

Xyero

Noob
Ok that makes more sense, but it's surprising to see him at S tier. Is it because he's easy to learn? His ice clone? I feel he has to chase everyone across the map if they zone well.

R.E.L.

Noob
Yeah, I don't get it, they're leaving chars like Raiden and Cage alone, nerfing chars like Kung Lao and Ermac, and then buffing chars like Kano and Reptile. I don't know who's calling the shots but I'm lost at the direction they're heading.

Reptile does NOT need a buff. That little lizard does enough dmg and has a crazy mixup game.

AND YOU LEAVE JOHNNY CAGE ALONE!!

MKK hanzo

Hello everyone. Cyrax IMO should be nerfed. his 100% sure bomb setup is dumb. At least shorten the stagger in his command throw. Just IMO

Hydro

Lin Kuei
And this is what I'm talking about. Simply becuase Kano is a higher tier, doesn't mean smoke won't have an advantage vs him.

But I don't know this match-up too well, it could be 6/4 in favor of smoke, or it could be 5/5. I need to see if Kano can recover from a knife throw and block smokes shake counter, cuz if so that will put a damper of smoke's full screen control.
Saw this awhile back - nothing can block Smoke's shake counter once it starts. If a projectile hits the shake, the person tossing it is getting hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.