What's new

MK4-MKGold Combo Videos - MKGold Vol.1 Redux released 18.03.2008

G

MK4 Extreme Combo Video Released!

A new MK4 N64 video has been released by ded_ and Juggernaut featuring some editing from Battousai and DreemerNJ. This is a truly insane and ridiculous MK4 video that everyone should see, even if you aren't an MK4 fan. Special thanks for Hanzo for his effort and contribution to this video and MKK for keeping MK4 alive, and also Selpex and Frozen Worm for misc combos.

http://www.ultimatemk.com/dtz/combovideos/mk4extreme.avi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYU7OrStxQM

MKK hanzo

Props to everyone involved in this vid.

Easily the BEST mk4 vid out there with again SUPERB combos by Ded_who is THE BEST MK COMBOER OUT THERE no matter what anybody says! And this is no cock riding! :oops:

Props to Battousai, Dreemer, and Jugg for the vid/music editing wich was fantastic and went well with the sick combos in there.

10/10!

Youtube that shit!

Tim Static

Adminerator
ded_ said:
mk4 for arcade did not suck
I know I'm late on this, but I agree. MK4 on a cab was a blast back in the day.

HOWEVER...

It played so much more different from any previous true 2-d, even though MK4 was 2-d with a sidestep, so I understand all the backlash on it. I worked at a local arcade here and I of course was working during the years of MKII, MK3, UMK3 and MK4. But the arcade cabinet is the only version of the game that was truly any good.

So yes, I love MK4....on a cab only. :mrgreen:

dreemernj

Ambassador
This vid is insane. There are so many ridiculous combos in it. Personally, I found the Shinnok combos to be crazy.

And, the 100% damage combos with Maximum Damage turned on are freaking awesome. I let out a little "Oh Damn" when the first one happened in the vid.

This is up there with MK2:SKOM in my book. Like that, it seems like the be-all-end-all combo vid for the game.

Great stuff as always guys.

:cry: dude...That was EXTREME!! I cried...better than any movie out right now! Ded_ and Juggernaut and frozen worm and Selpex and Bottousai. You guys are GODS!!!!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice vid, very well done. My favorite was definitely the Shinnok combos, were insane.

I didn't see Fujin's regular max damage though :p , but I did like his corner dart kick infinite was pretty hot. 8)

very nice job. i would have never known some of them were cut till u told me, lol.

really liked the reiko into tanya into shinnok combos around 5:50 and on. and the ice clone off the lift for max damage cancel. that was probably the most creative mk4 combo i ever seen.

the PIP boxes are really hard to see on youtube at the end, thats my only problem, i suggest everyone download the AVI for full screen display.

and nice, you used the same name as a movie as i did a few months back for armageddon, lol.

great job, like i told you on aim yesterday, i had no idea you were making a mk4 vid, let alone for as long as you told me this took to make, it was a nice surprise.

thanks for all your hard work.

later

ded

Elder God
yeah, i will write the n64 specific only soon

Mario said:
Very nice. So, are the tier rankings different for N64?

nope if you dont count the pause combo glitches ;]

Really great video, must have taken quite awhile to make.

You know after watching this it makes you realize how bad of a job the MK staff had done on balancing their game. I'm sure they had everything in place and the play test team (or lack there of) said "oh shit" and implemented Max Damage to save what they had of a game. I remember when Version 1 hit in the arcades and how put off people were of this game. Of course shipping it without fatalities was pretty much one of the dumbest things they could have done.

This kind of draws on another argument as to why most of the fighting game community pretty much thinks of MK as a novelty. If you really look at it, the only decent MK game is UMK3. When you break down the gameplay there are holes everywhere in the MK series. Sad really.