What's new

MK4-MKGold Combo Videos - MKGold Vol.1 Redux released 18.03.2008

Canibal said:
If you really look at it, the only decent MK game is UMK3. .
You come to a mk forum and label Umk3 as only "decent" ?

Anyways, you forgot MK2.

UMK3 gets annoying, raaaaaaaarrrr, wack wack, raaaaaaaaar, hut hut, raaaaaaaaaaar

They seriously could of done without them yelling everytime you run. If UMK3 sounded like MK2 it would be near flawless.

Didn't forget MK2, have a cabinet in my garage. I love the game. However, my point was the balance was never as good as some of the other A+ titles and it really shows in MK4. Should leave this for another thread actually, sorry for bringing it up.

Once again, great video.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That's not true, UMK3 is most likely the best MK game gameplay balance wise but MK:DA is a fun game, MK 4 is very underrated and MK:A and MKD are fun. Speaking from experience since I've played them a lot online.

For xbox they're tons of fun 8)

Mk2 of course if definitely another classic

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
couln't expect less from you guys :shock:
seriously that was some sick shit. damn those shinnok combos as everyones has said, they awesome. good job. I didn't like the music/name of the video but its a matter of tastes as always.
keep it up puttica :p

ded

Elder God
mk4 is very fun game indeed, people shouldnt just for it by the combo videos thu

glad you liked the vid manuelA ^^

Amazing... just amazing... the only bad thing in the whole vid is just that there are no kredits saying "rzphoe" as always appear on forums and others places .'( i feel bad im going to eat icecream and cookies :( xD

Seriously this was just insane really cool to know about this game more deep it i really hate this game, but sometimes when i see those videos i think "hey, why don´t we play this game... look cool" but when i see my game (umk3) i think "puke" ^_^ i would like to play this game again with hanzo

Mario

Noob
ded_ said:
yeah, i will write the n64 specific only soon

Mario said:
Very nice. So, are the tier rankings different for N64?

nope if you dont count the pause combo glitches ;]
Ok, but I saw what looked like a new combo that would put Reiko in the God-tier category. It's the 100% combo late in the video that exploits one of his weapon moves -- where the opponent is sent flying toward the screen, triggering maximum damage, and then running toward the screen yourself to continue the combo on the falling body. In the other MK4 combo vids, no character who has the club weapon by default is seen doing that 100% combo. So I assumed that Reiko combo was N64 specific and that would make him tops in the N64 version.

rzp said:
Seriously this was just insane really cool to know about this game more deep it i really hate this game, but sometimes when i see those videos i think "hey, why don´t we play this game... look cool"
Me too, after seeing videos like this I want to play mk4 but I always go back to any other MK

Speaking of Reiko, That punisher combo off of Liu Kangs bicycle kick was one of my favorite combos in the whole movie.

I was trying to do the jHPLP to Iceclone combo against Jax in the corner yesterday on both N64 and PC MK4.

Any advice? I got it to work maybe 4 times and only twice in a row. Most of the time the character would fall through the Ice Clone untouched.

ded

Elder God
Mario said:
ded_ said:

Mario said:

Ok, but I saw what looked like a new combo that would put Reiko in the God-tier category. It's the 100% combo late in the video that exploits one of his weapon moves -- where the opponent is sent flying toward the screen, triggering maximum damage, and then running toward the screen yourself to continue the combo on the falling body. In the other MK4 combo vids, no character who has the club weapon by default is seen doing that 100% combo. So I assumed that Reiko combo was N64 specific and that would make him tops in the N64 version.
That max-dam mid-screen 100% Reiko combo is pain in the ass to get. And the run-Flip kick after first maxdam is very difficult to get unblockable. Basicaly you can get Jump HK, Flip Kick, Jump HK, Teleport SUJK, Flip Kick, LP Wpn Attack, and then try to get unblockable Flip Kick and some misc juggle, but in most of the cases it will not be another maxdam. This is covered in Reiko's guide btw.

ÐarkMoon said:
I was trying to do the jHPLP to Iceclone combo against Jax in the corner yesterday on both N64 and PC MK4.

Any advice? I got it to work maybe 4 times and only twice in a row. Most of the time the character would fall through the Ice Clone untouched.
Its hard to get indeed. The most useful tip i really could give is that Sub-Zero's head should be excactly under opponent's feet. Wait the opp to start unfreezing and Jump HP LP, Ice Clone again. Hope that will help.

I'll try it out thanks Ded

EDIT: Well, I found it to be alot easier to do it on Cage and Raiden. I got 3 jHPLP to Iceclone combos in a row on Cage (n64). Now I'm happy :D

ded

Elder God
cool, i though it may work with Jump HP HK too btw but i never passed more than 2 cycles...

ÐarkMoon said:
rzp said:
Seriously this was just insane really cool to know about this game more deep it i really hate this game, but sometimes when i see those videos i think "hey, why don´t we play this game... look cool"
Me too, after seeing videos like this I want to play mk4 but I always go back to any other MK
Btw im playing MK4 doing some combos of the vid (like that thing when start a vertical HK and use a chain combo)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
ded_ said:
Mario said:
ded_ said:

Mario said:

That max-dam mid-screen 100% Reiko combo is pain in the ass to get. And the run-Flip kick after first maxdam is very difficult to get unblockable. Basicaly you can get Jump HK, Flip Kick, Jump HK, Teleport SUJK, Flip Kick, LP Wpn Attack, and then try to get unblockable Flip Kick and some misc juggle, but in most of the cases it will not be another maxdam. This is covered in Reiko's guide btw.

ÐarkMoon said:

Its hard to get indeed. The most useful tip i really could give is that Sub-Zero's head should be excactly under opponent's feet. Wait the opp to start unfreezing and Jump HP LP, Ice Clone again. Hope that will help.
Ohh yeah btw, yeah man that combo was off the chain....insanity lol.

Reminded me of the MK3 God Subby lol, but that clone was broken so it was easy as hell to do, MK 4 I give you guys lots of props especially since you have to time that perfectly after the HP, HK...nuts.

Now I'm going to have to play N64 MK 4 again... lol

Igor

Noob
Oh yeah, it's finally released!
Congratilations for the vid and big props to ded_ for such creativity and all the time he spends on explanation and character guides. U R da best!
These vids are the only thing to inspire me for trying out new stuff, keeping in mind that mk4 is the only game played in my area.
The shinnok combos are really kickass working around the MAXDAM. I was like WHOOOOW when I saw them the first time :)
keep it up like that!

ded_ said:
I mixed it using various songs from "Themes for Orchestra and Choir" ;]
is there a way you can give me the very song you used in the vid? I liked the way those themes were put together. PM me if anything.

dreemernj

Ambassador
TheRagingStorm said:
ded_ said:
is there a way you can give me the very song you used in the vid? I liked the way those themes were put together. PM me if anything.
Yeah, the music editting was great. I've listened to that song a bunch because it's so dramatic. I put that on, fire up XNA, and code up a fucking storm.

dreemernj said:
TheRagingStorm said:
ded_ said:
Yeah, the music editting was great. I've listened to that song a bunch because it's so dramatic. I put that on, fire up XNA, and code up a fucking storm.
I thought it really was awesome, I understand others didn't like it because it didn't involve metal, but yes this selection was indeed dramatic. I loved it.

Oh, thanks for the mix, Ded_!

Kaiba

Noob
Are all of these actually possible on a real N64 with its ever so great controller? I have been trying out some, not any Shinnok ones yet, and can get most of them. Stuff like the JP into the ice clone I can't get yet. Another one is the SUJK inf.