What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

Pretty much all of those arcade Endings are pretty good, Liu Kang and Kitana especially. I kinga like that Johnny's ending and Cassie's ending are essentially the same.
Jacquie's ending is a bit over the top, but I guess I could see where she's coming from.
The only gripe: under no circumstances can I imagine grumpy old farmer Jax saying the word "woke".
sometihng about liu kang ending make this think it going be somewhat cannon and kitana ending is good it giver closure despite it not what she wanted bit decided to move one

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Jacqui can't save her father from dying without deleting herself from history because then her parents wouldn't have met, but Jax can prevent the slave trade from happening and get to live with his family intact... Jacqui must have fucked it up somehow.

Now about him saying "woke", my headcannon is that he said it in a sarcastic way. "Can't afford to wait for people to get 'woke'..."

Also does anyone else think some of those Time Titan outfits look pretty nice? Kabal's and Kano's especially. Would love if they were unlockable.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Most of the endings were good. I think that Scorpion's ending and Sonya's ending show that maybe the next storyline won't be so much as a reboot as we thought.

i wont be surpise if liu kang ending is cannon i mean they his mk9 ending kind of cannon and the kitana ending in the story sort give me that feeling of his mk11 ending a little bit

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Damn, D’Vorah killing Hanzo still sucks, I’m still pissed. She didn’t even beat him in a real fight she snuck up and the ran off like a bitch, past Scorpion didn’t even get to gut her. And also why did Sub leave Hanzo in the Neatherrealm? They had no reason to split

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Just finished watching the Mk11 story and overall i really like it.. buuuuuutttttttt........
There are so much to say-LOL
i have some things that bugged me.
unless there are multiple endings, i didn't like the ending.
Cetrion was a throwaway character imo - she had NO impact as an elder god

but i just have some questions about lore and timelines...
Mkx and mk11 are based off the events in mk9 only?
Shao Khan seemed weaker written than i remember him being.. maybe because he was resurrected-he was weaker???
Kitana killing Shao Khan - ummmmmm...yeah
Geras being defeated so easily and how he was defeated seems weak given his powers...
Young Sonya murdering Kano, so he's totally dead but we have a young Sonya running around with a daughter that looks like her sister in future MKs. ok
Speaking of which - Cassie's redesign more than any other is hard for me to overlook. Her physical appearance is whatever(she should have kept her edgier look/hairstyle but more importantly her personality has totally changed. She went from Johnny's daughter to Sonya's twin.

while i like Kitana's redesign and look- in human form w/o the mask- she looked like a cosplayer imo and i wanted her to put her mask on or see the revenant form.

Kotal handing over Khan status was understandable
Shao Khans seemed to view Mileena as his true daughter? was that always the case?
what race is ShaoKahn?
Sindels omission was painfully obvious
why would Kronica bring back Baraka but not Mileena (strange)

---
i'll rewatch it later alone and probably pick up more of an understanding w/o distractions -LoL

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Mkx and mk11 are based off the events in mk9 only?
Shao Khan seemed weaker written than i remember him being.. maybe because he was resurrected-he was weaker???
Kitana killing Shao Khan - ummmmmm...yeah
Geras being defeated so easily and how he was defeated seems weak given his powers...
Young Sonya murdering Kano, so he's totally dead but we have a young Sonya running around with a daughter that looks like her sister in future MKs. ok
Speaking of which - Cassie's redesign more than any other is hard for me to overlook. Her physical appearance is whatever(she should have kept her edgier look/hairstyle but more importantly her personality has totally changed. She went from Johnny's daughter to Sonya's twin.
First with the ending. If you beat Kronika with out losing, Liu recreates time with Kitana (Which i believe to be canon). If you beat Kronika and you lost a round, a mortal raiden will stay with liu for as long as he can live to help him recreate time.

yes Mkx and mk11 are based off of mk9
Shao Kahn got blocked by the plot armor, but he also took some hits in cut scenes (Chapter 2, got beat up by Kotal, Liu, and Raiden, Chapter 7 Kotal attacked him and got sneaked attacked by Kitana)
Yeah, this one is questionable, but as mentioned above, could have been a factor
Geras is a jobber (But the Sonya Geras fight is utter bullshit tbh)
I mean, doesnt matter now with time being rebuilt
Yeah, they made her look more like sonya, and idk why really

First with the ending. If you beat Kronika with out losing, Liu recreates time with Kitana (Which i believe to be canon). If you beat Kronika and you lost a round, a mortal raiden will stay with liu for as long as he can live to help him recreate time.
ther no way the raiden the cannon ending because all that ending tell us is that raiden going to help liu until him but it doesn't tell us if liu going to help people the free will to chose or not that was problem in the first with kronika she didn't get people the free will close there own destiny

shao kahn seam weaker becuase he and everbody else was from 3rd thimeline as mention by the raiden in there timeline kung lao beat shang tsung and quan chi and dont even know about shao kahn

One thing that didnt make sense there was a scene where, I forget which character I think kano, was feeling the blows his younger self felt. Made no sense cuz nobody else felt it when their younger counterpart got hit. When young johnny got shot older johnny got a scar, that made sense. When younger version gets hit and older person feels it, that makes no sense.

BlunderGod

shao kahn seam weaker becuase he and everbody else was from 3rd thimeline as mention by the raiden in there timeline kung lao beat shang tsung and quan chi and dont even know about shao kahn
Kung Lao beating Shang Tsung and Quan Chi isn't from a 3rd timeline but was part of MK9 though.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I really liked the story, I thought it was better than MK9 and X, but I wish Cetrion and Noob had a bigger role, they seemed so random. Though I get Noob being forced in due to fan demand, that was pretty cool.

Also, about the Sonya and Geras fight, its not as bad as you guys are making it seem, Sonya had to distract Geras enough so that Cassie could run into him with... I don’t really know what they call that vehicle lol

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Kung Lao beating Shang Tsung and Quan Chi isn't from a 3rd timeline but was part of MK9 though.
Yet there are things that contradict MK9 involvement.
Kitana was in shackles when Kung Lao fought Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. Johnny was half dead beaten by Ermac and Jax just got his arms ripped off, no way it takes him hours to make those implants.
I also thing that Kung Lao’s revenant shouldn’t exist since he was prevented from dying.
Shao Kahn is a fucking jobber who was supposed to be undefeatable in MK2.
I think this completely different timeline again even though Raiden says that he gets preminissions like in MK9, Kung Lao loses to Scorpion in MK1 and Scorp ditches Raiden when he asks him not to kill Bi Han.
This too much for my brain to comprehend.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

I really liked the story, I thought it was better than MK9 and X, but I wish Cetrion and Noob had a bigger role, they seemed so random. Though I get Noob being forced in due to fan demand, that was pretty cool.

Also, about the Sonya and Geras fight, its not as bad as you guys are making it seem, Sonya had to distract Geras enough so that Cassie could run into him with... I don’t really know what they call that vehicle lol
There were multiple shitty fights. Sonya wouldn’t just distract him. He can stop time, lol. Raiden is immune to that, but Sonya isn’t. Scorpion beats Raiden into bowing on his knee yet after that Raiden kicks Liu’s ass, lol. Later Liu doubles his powers and still gets beaten by Raiden (I’m glad past Liu wasn’t killed). Inconsistency again. Fuck this shit.

DragonofDadashov24

One thing that didnt make sense there was a scene where, I forget which character I think kano, was feeling the blows his younger self felt. Made no sense cuz nobody else felt it when their younger counterpart got hit. When young johnny got shot older johnny got a scar, that made sense. When younger version gets hit and older person feels it, that makes no sense.
YES FUCKING YES. First thingI noticed when it happened. Johnny beats his own ass and feels nothing when Kano gets hurt by a couple of kicks.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
maybe next MK game will be Great Kung lao and shang tsung arc , and in some time line , kenshi , takeda , Rain , Daegon and taven and argus. ?

BlunderGod

I think the timeline will restart along similar lines with Liu Kang presumably preventing Shao Kahn from taking power, so that way we could see realms like Edenia and Zaterra intact or something.

I can't see them nuking their entire setting and all the characters people have grown attached over the years.

I think the timeline will restart along similar lines with Liu Kang presumably preventing Shao Kahn from taking power, so that way we could see realms like Edenia and Zaterra intact or something.

I can't see them nuking their entire setting and all the characters people have grown attached over the years.
that i what i been saying it more like lore restart then anything