What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Guys, is there any way to lower the quality of past streams on Mixer? I was watching Hash live and the stream was fine, but as I'm rewatching the story bits, the video keeps freezing every 30 seconds to buffer and it's freaking me out lul

Yea, hes just gonna make sure time flows smoothly, without Kronikas influence this time.

So, the next game when it comes around should be interesting.
i bet you the one being will sense onaga to come mess it up that why the kitana makes sense so he doesnt have to do it alone since she will be on his side now i think about it liu was alone in the og timeline wasnt he he dint have anyody by his side to watch his back whick makes his death deadly alience even more sad

After watching now the whole thing I must say that my initial opinion stays the same. Words could not convey the right message, you need to see yourself.
Yes, the time aspect is always difficult to write but overall - I loved it. And all the endings.
Many things touched, lore researched even more, and Liu Kang - the knowingly boring character became what he must become.
I respect this narrative, and my thanks to Shawn Kittelsen.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Well, I finished watching the storymode on YouTube a while ago, and with all its major flaws (like wtf happened to dark Raiden, or why Kronika didn't bring another Shao Khan after he died, the fact Shinnok's amulet keeps getting new properties every game without ever explaining what it is, to the point it should be a meme now... man I could keep going) I still liked it. But then it hit me: It's all gone... Forever. Except Liu Kang and Raiden, every single character, the whole world and story we've been following for decades... It's gone, for good. It made me feel this weird emptiness inside. Sure in 6, or 8, or even 2 years we'll get a secuel where we are at roughly the MK1 period, and we'll have all the regular characters there again... Except they won't be. We'll get a new Scorpion, that is exactly 100% the same as the old one... Except it won't be. It's like that question that goes something like "if you have a ship, and slowly replace every part of it over the years, is it still the same ship?" except in this case the ship was dismantled all at once, and then a new ship was(or will be, prasumably) built with new pieces.

I haven't read any of the thread, so I don't know if you have already talked about this. But I just needed to share how I feel somewhere, and you are the only people who will understand me. I feel weird, I was not ready for it. It's all just... Gone.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
After watching now the whole thing I must say that my initial opinion stays the same. Words could not convey the right message, you need to see yourself.
Yes, the time aspect is always difficult to write but overall - I loved it. And all the endings.
Many things touched, lore researched even more, and Liu Kang - the knowingly boring character became what he must become.
I respect this narrative, and my thanks to Shawn Kittelsen.
Any link to all endings?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I hope MK12 begins from the Great Kung Lao era if it restarts. I enjoyed the story. Way better written characters than MK9 and MKX. Now waiting for the game to try it out.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
All arcade endings, get them while they're hot

Jades Ending is one of the best ngl

I realized now, that every ending is tied to everyones key theme, as seen in the roster page

Liu Kangs is responsibility, Kotal is order, Kabal is Avarice, Kitanas is identity

These are fitting arcade endings for all these characters, and it shows their true motivations above all, and who they really are.

NRS did a good job with these.

i like liu and kitana it show me how much they change like kitana aceepting as an edenia anymore and liu leading the new goods with new resposblaity

Last edited:

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I dont remember if anyone remembers the topic, but Liu DOES have an outworld disguise in story, so that model WAS Liu and not Kotal. Just wanted to say atoldaso.

Pretty much all of those arcade Endings are pretty good, Liu Kang and Kitana especially. I kinga like that Johnny's ending and Cassie's ending are essentially the same.
Jacquie's ending is a bit over the top, but I guess I could see where she's coming from.
The only gripe: under no circumstances can I imagine grumpy old farmer Jax saying the word "woke".