What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
So, does the story really have multiple endings? Or is it just the win/lose endings.
You've got two win endings, one is beating Kronika after losing a round, where Liu Kang and Raiden restart the timeline together. The other is beating Kronika without losing a round, where Liu Kang picks Kitana to remain at his side and they restart the timeline.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
So, does the story really have multiple endings? Or is it just the win/lose endings.
3 endings
In all of them Kronika wins, lol
First is Game Over, Liu Kang dies
Second, Liu kills Kronika too late so the world is restarted and he and Raiden create the new timeline until Raiden dies.
Third is the “best” ending. Liu and Kitana and keep the time instead of Kronika.
Why does Kronika win? Cause there won’t be Raiden in ANY ending. He is mortal or dead in all of them. NRS fucked up their own story lol

mattteo

Noob
I think the timeline will restart along similar lines with Liu Kang presumably preventing Shao Kahn from taking power, so that way we could see realms like Edenia and Zaterra intact or something.

I can't see them nuking their entire setting and all the characters people have grown attached over the years.

Ok, but why would there be a Zaterra though?

I think Elder Gods Liu Kang and Kitana are armed with the knowledge of the future now and will never let Shinnok attack Earthrealm in the first place, so saurians should still be on Earth, living peacefully, the dominant species now

DragonofDadashov24

Ok, but why would there be a Zaterra though?

I think Elder Gods Liu Kang and Kitana are armed with the knowledge of the future now and will never let Shinnok attack Earthrealm in the first place, so saurians should still be on Earth, living peacefully, the dominant species now
There is more to it. Before Shinnok there should be the One who must be defeated and shattered into Realms by other Elder Gods. They completely forgot about this when they made up Kronika. Elder Gods shouldn’t have parents. This is too fucked up.
Also Liu and Kitana said they won’t touch anything in their rule so that everyone could choose their own fate.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
There is more to it. Before Shinnok there should be the One who must be defeated and shattered into Realms by other Elder Gods. They completely forgot about this when they made up Kronika. Elder Gods shouldn’t have parents. This is too fucked up.
Also Liu and Kitana said they won’t touch anything in their rule so that everyone could choose their own fate.
Yeah, they introduced titans for no reason tbh. Like this is the first time ever hearing of them.

And yea, Liu and Kitana just need to maintain the sands of time, and not interfere like Kronika did, and just let time flow naturally

(Like Geras and Kotal do in their endings.)

Yeah, they introduced titans for no reason tbh. Like this is the first time ever hearing of them.

And yea, Liu and Kitana just need to maintain the sands of time, and not interfere like Kronika did, and just let time flow naturally

(Like Geras and Kotal do in their endings.)
i hope liu and kitna go into past of a relam like edenia and see how events take place there
leak was almost right

speaking of reptile he can be seen in the kyrpt

Elias6999

Mournful Master
wait i didn’t really pay attention to the ending, does everyone die in the one with Liu and Kitana? lolol

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
They don’t exist. They were never born, not dead
Technically yes, everyone is dead, but they are restarting the timeline, bringing everyone back (except for maybe the Kombat Kids, the only one i can see being brought back is kung jin and Takeda)

I have no idea what NRS want to do next wiht the story, and we aint finding out till their next mk title, which i dont see coming back for another 6-8 years atleast.

DragonofDadashov24

How though? all that happened is that Kitana and Liu are the new timekeepers. The current timeline still exists!
Nope, Liu Kang was too late. If you beat Kronika twice he ends up in Dinasaurs era. If he is too late he ends up in space before earth is created

So TL;DW

• Dark Raiden torturing Shinnok was cool
  • Present Sonya's death was unnecessary
  • Present Jax is a fucking idiot
  • Kotal is a total bitch who gets his ass beat by everybody, and by the end of his "character arc" he's not even an emperor anymore
  • Past Jade is thirsty for Kotal for basically no reason
  • Past Kitana is given a title of an Outworld Empress because..?
  • Baraka is finally on the winning side of things, which was cool
  • Present Scorpion's death was completely unnecessary
  • Past Sonya and Johhny basically disappear from the story once they decide to go out on a date
  • Cassie's arm should've been blown off with Kano's minigun, real talk
  • The Final Chapter is kind of cool with all the fighting taking place. Really did not expect for the Raiden/Liu fusion to happen
  • Erron is still useless
  • Skarlet is barely present onscreen
  • Past Kano, Present Kano, Shao Kahn dead
  • The endings is kind of terrible. Why do what is eesentially another reset when we've had one only two games ago?