What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Raiden can’t beat Liu Kang. Just like he can’t beat Shao Kahn one on one. He needed Elder Gods and still got beaten.
Liu Kang has beaten Shinnok, an Elder God. Hell, Johnny beat Shinnok. Sub has beaten Fujin. Don’t think Liu can’t beat him.
Please, don’t refer to those shitty halfassed comics
im just telling the logic behind why these fighters won there fights
'The Sonya and Geras fight, and even the Kitana and Shao fight are the only ones that make very little sense to me.

Well both of the endings lead to a new timeline.
AND, actually, Kronika achieved what she wanted in both. In both endings Raiden doesn’t exist. Not as a God at least, lol
true lol so really kronika really won in a way buti think think the kitana one exapnd on it more while the raiden i help you until i die and that it

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
im just telling the logic behind why these fighters won there fights
'The Sonya and Geras fight, and even the Kitana and Shao fight are the only ones that make very little sense to me.
I gotta agree with that, yes
The best they’ve done was in Injustice. Only Superman could beat Superman.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
"You should be more respectful of Lord Raiden. He is the protector of Earthrealm, the god of thunder, the..." - Liu Kang

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Dont believe it for a second (Even though it has Cyrax and Sektor on it)

Mileena`s Sai being a gear option for Kitana makes it nigh impossible for her to be DLC.

DragonofDadashov24

i dont see a problem with kitana beating shao kahn i get why people would complain but other then liu kang kitana makes the most sense to bet shao kahn

i going take this with salt
Just no. Nobody should be able to beat the warlord Shao Kahn except for Liu Kang who hasn’t been called The Chosen One without a reason. The other one should be Onaga.

Just no. Nobody should be able to beat the warlord Shao Kahn except for Liu Kang who hasn’t been called The Chosen One without a reason. The other one should be Onaga.
Or Shang Tsung/Quan Chi combo (they did catch him off guard though)
Shinnok could probably beat him, but he never really was full power in the story.
I also hope Kung Lao could do it, shaolin bros, great Kung Lao reincarnation, beating the deadly alliance, etc.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Or Shang Tsung/Quan Chi combo (they did catch him off guard though)
Shinnok could probably beat him, but he never really was full power in the story.
I also hope Kung Lao could do it, shaolin bros, great Kung Lao reincarnation, beating the deadly alliance, etc.
That only happened because Reptile was distracted, and that Shao Kahn was still weakened from his defeat after MK3.

And also that Shao Kahn was a Klone.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Well the thing is... They're actually the only main antagonists that weren't defeated by anyone on their games roster.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Reasons why Kotal Gave the Throne to Kitana

1. Kitana united Outworld against Shao kahn
  2. Shao Crippled Kotal, leaving him unfit to lead.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Kitana beating Shao Kahn in a straight 1v1 is bullshit and Kitana is one of my favorite MK characters. Can we be real though? Shao Kahn in MK9 literally devoured Shang’s soul without touching him. Survived Liu Kang punching a hole in his chest, one hit Sonya and Johnny (who is literally bred to fight and kill gods). Kitana’s w/l canonically is unimpressive at best. But hey these things never make any damn sense anyways.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
After seeing more of the Cutscenes in the story, I honestly dont think it was too bad.

Dialogue is great, Animation superb, espically facial.

The Writing was not excuted well though, and while i dont mind the ending entirely as it opens up the next story to be anything they choose to be, it sucks that they yet again wrote themselves into a corner, and had to reboot again.

Now, the game series is likely gonna be shelved for around a decade (Considering Boon wants to try something new)

Good thing is we got a MK movie along the way to keep ourselves sated.

Im still excited for the game nontheless, and there is a ton of content to do for singleplayer, and multiplayer also has quite a bit of things aswell

DragonofDadashov24

After seeing more of the Cutscenes in the story, I honestly dont think it was too bad.

Dialogue is great, Animation superb, espically facial.

The Writing was not excuted well though, and while i dont mind the ending entirely as it opens up the next story to be anything they choose to be, it sucks that they yet again wrote themselves into a corner, and had to reboot again.

Now, the game series is likely gonna be shelved for around a decade (Considering Boon wants to try something new)

Good thing is we got a MK movie along the way to keep ourselves sated.

Im still excited for the game nontheless, and there is a ton of content to do for singleplayer, and multiplayer also has quite a bit of things aswell
Exactly my opinion
Yet I got criticized for it