What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

Guys! It seems like Story Mode has multiple endings:
  1. God Liu beats Kronica. Raiden stays mortal and together with God Liu they start creating new timeline (you can found this ending on youtube right now);
  2. Same thing but God Liu starts creating new timeline with Kitana (we saw it on Reddit leak);
  3. Let Kronika win final fight against God Liu. She starts creating new timeline herself (0:30 in Official Launch trailer - "Let the new era begin")
So yeah the Kitana one is the cannon ending it seems and makes sense

I think the real problem besides heroes only chapters again is something else

And I knew it would happen
Ok we have timeline f***ery with past people.

But why do we not see past selfs of Sub and Noob on story mode? And where are other characters like revenant Smoke or past Smoke? Reptile is a good example as well and Sindel. I get that they couldnt make them all NPC but them not being once on the story makes no sense

Other people who are alive in the past as well?

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
So yea, there is another ending where Liu Kang and Raiden fix time, but Raiden is mortal, so he will die eventually

So, idk which one is canon, but im leaning towards the one with Liu and Kitana.

So yea, there is another ending where Liu Kang and Raiden fix time, but Raiden is mortal, so he will die eventually

So, idk which one is canon, but im leaning towards the one with Liu and Kitana.
yeah it makes sense i dont thin want to kill of raiden like that and have liu bee alone

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Basically, if Kronika beats you in the first round, your transport to another era of time

If you beat kronika there, you get the ending with Raiden.

Basically, if Kronika beats you in the first round, your transport to another era of time

If you beat kronika there, you get the ending with Raiden.
yeah the kitana one makes sens and is better and cannon plus liu and kitaana alowing everbody to make other choices insead of them doing for them

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
That video only has 1h 30m starting halfway thru, hashaholik on mixer has it from the beginning

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Also, Jacqui beating Cetrion only happend, cause she was powered up the Crown

So, it makes sense atleast, compared to the bullshit they pulled with Cassie vs Corrupted Shinnok

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Also, Jacqui beating Cetrion only happend, cause she was powered up the Crown

So, it makes sense atleast, compared to the bullshit they pulled with Cassie vs Corrupted Shinnok
Really? How will you explain
Sonya vs Geras
Raiden vs Liu Kang with his soul doubling his powers
Kotal vs Shao Kahn who was taken straight from MK2, meaning, the strongest character in the game beside Liu Kang
AND Kitana vs Shao for the same reason

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Really? How will you explain
Sonya vs Geras
Raiden vs Liu Kang with his soul doubling his powers
Kotal vs Shao Kahn who was taken straight from MK2, meaning, the strongest character in the game beside Liu Kang
AND Kitana vs Shao for the same reason
I got Nothing for Sonya and Geras tbh, thats bad

Raiden is still the God of Thunder, even with Rev Liu kang having his pasts own soul Raiden can still beat Liu Kang

Kotal and Shao both get their asses beat in the cutscene afterwards, and Kotal is powered by the Sun, as shown in the comics, so its hard to say, but shao would have the edge still.

Kitana and Shao is along with the lines of sonya vs geras, i got nothing for that. Only thing the makes it plausible, is Kitana having like 10000 years of training and experince. Even then, Shao is Still Shao, so its quite bullshit.

DragonofDadashov24

I got Nothing for Sonya and Geras tbh, thats bad

Raiden is still the God of Thunder, even with Rev Liu kang having his pasts own soul Raiden can still beat Liu Kang

Kotal and Shao both get their asses beat in the cutscene afterwards, and Kotal is powered by the Sun, as shown in the comics, so its hard to say, but shao would have the edge still.

Kitana and Shao is along with the lines of sonya vs geras, i got nothing for that. Only thing the makes it plausible, is Kitana having like 10000 years of training and experince. Even then, Shao is Still Shao, so its quite bullshit.
Raiden can’t beat Liu Kang. Just like he can’t beat Shao Kahn one on one. He needed Elder Gods and still got beaten.
Liu Kang has beaten Shinnok, an Elder God. Hell, Johnny beat Shinnok. Sub has beaten Fujin. Don’t think Liu can’t beat him.
Please, don’t refer to those shitty halfassed comics.
Shao and Kitana is really bullshit even with those 10000, those years have passed both for Kitana AND Shao Kahn

DragonofDadashov24

so yeah the whole point is not to loss to kronikai wish they did the endig like injustice 2 how you get chose you side oneonly you get to chose kitana or raiden ending
Well both of the endings lead to a new timeline.
AND, actually, Kronika achieved what she wanted in both. In both endings Raiden doesn’t exist. Not as a God at least, lol