What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Dude this is the worst story ever from a Mortal Kombat. It makes no sense. I cannot understand what Kronika wanted. Did she succeed? Wtf.

I agree with SupaJ, this was a waste of time and resources that could have been spent on literally anything, whether that be larger roster or more focus on the mess that variations are seeming to be.

This game feels soulless on the story side. So lets get rid of the story.

Back to only caring about these tournaments boiiiis
Yeeeeeeeup.

I don't know who or why would be happy with this outcome but I genuinely do think it's time for writers who are forcing themselves to try and be complex with their stories to just go back to "tournament" writing. It works oh so much better for them because MKX seemed messy and this is just a spit in the face.

I still don't see the point on the reset.

What was Kronika's endgame?
I guess she wasn't pleased with how the universe turned out so she is shaping a new one.....even tho she shaped the first universe and it somehow didn't turn out how she wanted...so somehow the new era will be what she wants......even tho it might be a fuck up since she clearly doesn't have control

mook

Noob
I don't know what to think....

...this really feels like the end.

For a long time.

Next game... might as well be a hard reboot.
Doubt it‘s gonna be the end honestly, for sure some form of reboot though.

Seems like they decided they didn‘t want/or think they could work with the way the story would end up going. Maybe a change of heart on the whole new generation thing.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Do you guys think they can actually launch comic books series to dive into the story?
I think they should but they won't. Unfortunately people who care deeply about the story are a minority, a very small one at that.

Also Kronika had the potential to be such a badass antagonist and now she seems like a crazy old lady who had no clue what she was doing and just wanted to smack the youths

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
But seriously, we have the right to be concerned because Mortal Kombat rosters are shaped by the story. We are LITERALLY on the hands of these shit writers, I just realized that now.
I'm scared of the future :(
No, believe me. I get it. But this is why I have negative feelings on Boon and NRS sometimes. They don't give a fuck. This is why I continously say: how do you people fall in love with any of these characters because they just get left out or scrapped sometimes like it's nothing.

People can say whatever fighting game they want but there are some I don't feel that way. MK is one of them. And this ending confirms that. This ending feels like a "Yeah, write this shit so we can conviently do whatever we want next game and don't have to explain how."

I genuinely hope next game has none of this trash ass story. I felt the same way with Injustice when they wrote off interesting characters in dumb ways as an excuse to not put them into the game.

Cassie being cut especially sucks because it was literally made to be pretty much the next Sonya-Johnny. But nooooo, we can't do that. Maybe someone at NRS doesn't like her, so now there's a chance sheee can get cut toooooo.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Really hoping that if they do a reboot (which looks... probable), that they STICK with it. The bigger problem here is what kind of conflict could happen that Liu Kang and Kitana wouldn't notice?

A much better ending would have been to have Liu Kang/Raiden kill Kronika and then the timelines merge and go on from there. Kotal wants to conquer Earthrealm because reasons, so we have another tournament where Liu Kang can't be the Earth Realm defender due to be merged with Raiden so Cassie or someone else takes it over. Bing Bam Boom.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Really hoping that if they do a reboot (which looks... probable), that they STICK with it. The bigger problem here is what kind of conflict could happen that Liu Kang and Kitana wouldn't notice?

A much better ending would have been to have Liu Kang/Raiden kill Kronika and then the timelines merge and go on from there. Kotal wants to conquer Earthrealm because reasons, so we have another tournament where Liu Kang can't be the Earth Realm defender due to be merged with Raiden so Cassie or someone else takes it over. Bing Bam Boom.
This definitely would have been a much more satisfying ending.

mook

Noob
So I wonder if people are gonna start going through the Krypt now?

I‘m excited to see whats there, if anything ;)