What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Quick question was Sindel mentioned at all in the story? Last we saw she was a revenant, is that the last thing we know about her?
Not even once

Same with Nightwolf and Smoke

soo uhh

I have no idea what happend to them

Its like Jade from MKX

Not even once

Same with Nightwolf and Smoke

soo uhh

I have no idea what happend to them

Its like Jade from MKX
I don't understand how these nrs writers can do that. It's like they just pretend that character doesn't exist when that character was in the previous chapter of the book they're writing...

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Overall, i do think they wrote themselves into a corner here

Time travel is really hard to do without completley fucking up

They took the easy way out with both endings resetting the timeline (The Liutana one is most likely canon, and can be built upon more for another game tbh)

Again, they also could have been rushed on it, but i dont believe it after Ij2 giving us a good storymode

So, yes i do hope they rarely touch on time travel elements, aside from the Couple of Time making an apperance.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
No, believe me. I get it. But this is why I have negative feelings on Boon and NRS sometimes. They don't give a fuck. This is why I continously say: how do you people fall in love with any of these characters because they just get left out or scrapped sometimes like it's nothing.

People can say whatever fighting game they want but there are some I don't feel that way. MK is one of them. And this ending confirms that. This ending feels like a "Yeah, write this shit so we can conviently do whatever we want next game and don't have to explain how."

I genuinely hope next game has none of this trash ass story.
Could not agree more.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Yep, the main problem is the lack of commitment.
They don't commit to any direction because they want the same timeline, with the same characters. New characters with potential get underdeveloped af. The MK story is never gonna move forward because they're too stuck to the past... Both literally with the failure of the 3D era and inside the game with the same story arc and characters from the first games.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Honestly now that im thinking about it

Alternate timelines are endless because of this

So, the Story can go any direction, they can start something completely different

Doesnt excuse the bad writing, but they are leaving themselves with a wide open door to when they return to the MK universe.

i though it was better then mkx but behind mk9 though so really it not bad

So, the Story can go any direction, they can start something completely different

Doesnt excuse the bad writing, but they are leaving themselves with a wide open door to when they return to the MK universe.
agreed the wring was bad but them reseting he timeine does open mk to many possible it doesnt have to be same boring timeline as we know

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I just hope they dont fuck over Liu and Kitana in the next MK game

Cause, it would be interesting too see how they would play into the next story arc.

I think this was the idea pitched. Otherwise it's too narrow really. After IJ2 they realised of infinite possibilities, as they say. So MK became larger than life universe.

so based on Raiden's words to Liu Kang, another version of Liu Kang could still appear before he becomes a God right? Just seems like we're going to have infinite alternate timelines now.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
so based on Raiden's words to Liu Kang, another version of Liu Kang could still appear before he becomes a God right? Just seems like we're going to have infinite alternate timelines now.
Thats Pretty much how its setup

Its weird, but i kinda want an MK comic based around the Liu kang and Kitana ending

Idk why, maybe it can clue us in for the next game

Okay so let's talk about something right quick, ... Cetrion. Didn't they hype her up with TWO breakdowns, said that she is pretty much a stupidly overpowered, badass GODDESS and then in the story all she turns out to be is her mother's lacky who can't actually think for herself and uphold virtue in the world like she preaches in her intro dialogues??? :confused::confused::confused:

Also there is no way Kronika should have lost with her powers. She somehow didn't forsee Liu Kang fusing with Raiden. She also said she had conversations with Raiden countless amounts of times about him stopping her...........so if thats the case, what happened in those timelines to where she couldn't do her time reset. This makes no sense

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Okay so let's talk about something right quick, ... Cetrion. Didn't they hype her up with TWO breakdowns, said that she is pretty much a stupidly overpowered, badass GODDESS and then in the story all she turns out to be is her mother's lacky who can't actually think for herself and uphold virtue in the world like she preaches in her intro dialogues??? :confused::confused::confused:
Yes, she's a deception. Goddess of life, helping Raiden...to betray people and be Kronika's dog, and not really the opposite of Shinnok.

A deception like others new characters or returning characters : Skarlet, Kollector, Noob,... Big deception.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
If Injustice is any indicator on how they handle alternate timelines, I think I'd rather them not have it.

But yeah, it's cool. I love character relationships built up through how many games, developments and all that getting tossed in the trash because "we can't write, fuck the players.".

Thanks.

Also there is no way Kronika should have lost with her powers. She somehow didn't forsee Liu Kang fusing with Raiden. She also said she had conversations with Raiden countless amounts of times about him stopping her...........so if thats the case, what happened in those timelines to where she couldn't do her time reset. This makes no sense
OH MY GOD, she's.... THANOS, and Raiden and Liu Kang are Dr. Strange seeing the one time they win!!! Mind Blown.