What's new

MK11 Story Discussion Thread (obvious spoilers)

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I skipped everything, had read anything or seen a picture here. I just want to know one thing, is Shang in story mode?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Can someone PLEASE tell me what Sonya’s conclusion is in the end? Where is Young Sonya? People are saying there’s been another reset, does that mean Old Sonya is alive again?
I still don't know what happened to D'Vorah, Skarlet, Noob Saibot, lol they just disappear.

What I'm wondering is what happens now to Cassie and Jacqui? do they vanish, Infinity War style?

Guys, remember the phrase from MK movie? Mortal Kombat is not about death, but life. That's exactly what MK11 is about.
Also since it's two '1' in the title - I feel it's a tribute to all things started, MK1 and the movie. Kinda full circle.

Guys, remember the phrase from MK movie? Mortal Kombat is not about death, but life. That's exactly what MK11 is about.
Also since it's two '1' in the title - I feel it's a tribute to all things started, MK1 and the movie. Kinda full circle.
oh looorrd, I don't think its THAT deep oh spiritual one:D I think honestly they just wanted to reset their game and try a new path for it because they were running out of ideas continuing on this one and sloppily rushed the ending of MK11 to do so.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
oh looorrd, I don't think its THAT deep oh spiritual one:D I think honestly they just wanted to reset their game and try a new path for it because they were running out of ideas continuing on this one and sloppily rushed the ending of MK11 to do so.
This is honestly torture to me, and my main fear with the new timeline. I loved the idea of moving forward in the PS2 era, even though the first reset was needed because it was getting messy af with fighters that couldn't captivate most players. But I had faith the story would move forward now into something as vast as it was during the 3D days, and it's pretty frustrating to see my favorite game franchise stay stuck in the same place story wise... after 3 games.

mook

Noob
This is honestly torture to me, and my main fear with the new timeline. I loved the idea of moving forward in the PS2 era, even though the first reset was needed because it was getting messy af with fighters that couldn't captivate most players. But I had faith the story would move forward now into something as vast as it was during the 3D days, and it's pretty frustrating to see my favorite game franchise stay stuck in the same place story wise... after 3 games.
We Street Fighter now ;)

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
As someone who really started to like the newer generation of characters and the little bit of development they gave Hanzo. What utter bull shit, lol. "Oops, write ourselves in a corner. Quick, hit the reboot button."
So, I just need some clarification before I just write off this story as "NRS still can't write worth shit".

Current Sonya is dead. = No Cassie Cage? So, that's a favorite down.

Kano gets jobbed out.

Hanzo dies. Raiden is human. And now Liu Kang is Elder status and Kitana and them do a happy ending. Also, Shao Khan is now super dead. D'Vorah stays alive?

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
In recent time with fighting game and stories going with them. Call me trash but uh.

I think I'd rather them just....go back to simple stories and stop trying to do this elaborate shit. It's not even just NRS. Just uh, I'm good lol. Give me a good roster with a fun "arcade" mode story and I think I'm fine. I don't think fighting game and great story telling are supposed to go hand in hand.

It's like live action anime adaptions. Shit just never works.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I fear Cassie has been erased.

Characters like D'Vorah, Kollector or Erron Black are 'safe' because they've been introduced as being around for a while, so technically a reboot wouldn't affect them. I mean, D'Vorah and Kollector just go back to be part of Shao Kahn's empire.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
In recent time with fighting game and stories going with them. Call me trash but uh.

I think I'd rather them just....go back to simple stories and stop trying to do this elaborate shit. It's not even just NRS. Just uh, I'm good lol. Give me a good roster with a fun "arcade" mode story and I think I'm fine. I don't think fighting game and great story telling are supposed to go hand in hand.

It's like live action anime adaptions. Shit just never works.
Agreed. Honestly comics for each character explaining why they want to enter the Tournament leading up to a game that IS the tournament would be sick. Would give more in depth story and character to each individual so no one felt like a total waste.

I dont understand why there isnt more media for this series, the source material is there. Honestly an MK anime would make me cum so hard Id just fucking die right there.