What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
I mean Kollector in his trailer anti aired with a normal into the Disc restand, into the command grab KB launch. None of these things are possible, because first - command grab can’t KB in a combo, and second - the Disc is in none of his tournament variations.
The point is, anything is possible in the trailer, the tournament variations may be way more limited!

nail, head. I am so very worried over what nonsense combo they will decide is a good tournament variant... course ive been playing shao till shangs launch.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
There is old man shang tsung! MOVIE AND the traielr one rocking the old man movie one.
His smoke varation move has KB does 360 damge on second attempt. Going be abused on online for days.
His rain around the world kick is KB as wel requires you cancel and you punish them So never going see it does 160 damage nope.
Reptile has 260 slide KB damage varation . Pretty good.,

He has flame torando that can be used as barreir pretty good , it can be used from far away. His fireballs are super quick , He has Shinnok upper blast moves and can be ampfiled for big combo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/bx7kqd
Best one yet.

His grabs are nice , overall hes going be zoner for sure. He has very punshible fowards , weak d2. Hes going try zone you and make over extended.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Nobody gonna mention he's forced into a fully punishable animation every time he transforms back, and it happens EVEN AFTER HE GETS COMBO'D? It's literally a free combo reset for his opponent every time he transforms and gets hit. Even Jade is gonna get 400+ unbreakable damage on him.

Hell Sparks are in tournament variation, but they are unsafe, seems like they can’t be amp on block.
Soul steal is universal, we get all the KBs, but they do 1/2 damage. Seems like there is no damage boost on Soul Steal this time.

My goal is to get decent with shang tsung without using his soul steal that much if at all, so far it doesnt look like it's that necessary so that's a plus

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
character looks cool but idk about good. seems like they made some weird balancing decisions and of course none of the ninja moves are in his base move set or his tourney variation that they showed smh just give us customs already damn

In the trailer we see him use Smoke, and then do the combo with Rain, Ermac, and Reptile respectively in one shot. However, from the kombat kast, each of those moves are locked in a variation. This confirms that Shang Tsung gets to use 4 variations!

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
In the trailer we see him use Smoke, and then do the combo with Rain, Ermac, and Reptile respectively in one shot. However, from the kombat kast, each of those moves are locked in a variation. Did I miss something?
nope the trailer just lied to us.
Hell Sparks are in tournament variation, but they are unsafe, seems like they can’t be amp on block.
you can amp low skulls on block but it looks like the extra hit doesnt track so idk how thats gonna work

xKMMx

Banned
After watching the Kombat Kast all I can say is he looks cool and cant wait to play him.
But like everyone else they don't really show all of his moves and strings on purpose so until we get to mess with him a bit who knows he could hot trash like Kotal Khan.
Kotal looked like he was going to be a complete game breaker in the KK he was in and then the game got here and we all found out he is practically useless.
But I do have high hopes for Shang cause I have always thought he is the shit.