What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Using his air dash can let you chain an extra jump in normal to squeeze out a bit of extra damage. You can do the normal whiff special cancel stuff with it too, like do a jump normal, then cancel into it, then jump normal and cancel into air saw. Air saw works really well with the air dash too.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
after a blocked or missed air blade, can you nomad dash as they fall down? I guess this depends on the distance.
I've tried it and had zero success. I think it depends on range, and the height at which they throw the air blade. Or maybe you just cant punish it. I'm willing to bet if you flawless block the air blade you can nomad dash their asses.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
No in a combo kinda like f2,2 * nomad dash * f2,2 * db4 + R1 so I wonder if 2,3 * extended hooks would work to finish it after the hook grab pop-up.
I think i'm a little confused. Hook Grab is DB2, but you wrote DB4 which is Hook Slam.

My midscreen bnb is this: B12~Nomad Dash, 23~Hook Grab(A), F3~Extended hook.

After hook grab, you can use 23~Extended hook, but it doesn't get you as much damage as using F3~Extended hook.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think i'm a little confused. Hook Grab is DB2, but you wrote DB4 which is Hook Slam.

My midscreen bnb is this: B12~Nomad Dash, 23~Hook Grab(A), F3~Extended hook.

After hook grab, you can use 23~Extended hook, but it doesn't get you as much damage as using F3~Extended hook.
Oh crap I meant hook slam XD

I know what to do in the corner, but it seems midscreen my go to f2,2 isn't working and neither is the full string. I can do F2 * bf2 though.

babalook

Noob
Is there any reason not to run hook grab, extended hook, and low hook? The first gives you great damage and allows you to position the opponent, the second gives great post grab pressure and doesn't seem to scale, and the last gives you 50/50's off all your best strings. Doesn't seem like the other specials can really compete with these. I also think gas blast is supposed to be safe on block, pretty sure it was said in the kombat kast and it's just so bad relative to extended hook.

i feel vs jade you need to adopt the low grab and really take risks offensively. Skarlet prolly similarly she outzones and outneutrals pretty hard.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
so, do u feel kabals projectiles are good enough to zone with or nah?
Kabal has the best zoning in the beta.

i feel vs jade you need to adopt the low grab and really take risks offensively. Skarlet prolly similarly she outzones and outneutrals pretty hard.
Everyone needs to watch the series between Sonic Fox (Kabal) and Semiij (Skarlet) below, which currently represents the highest level of play. Kabal's aerial downward buzz saw seems highly effective for zoning and in the neutral.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Kabal has the best zoning in the beta.

Everyone needs to watch the series between Sonic Fox (Kabal) and Semiij (Skarlet) below, which currently represents the highest level of play. Kabal's aerial downward buzz saw seems highly effective for zoning and in the neutral.

Agreed. Between his range on his footsies tools and his aerial buzzsaw, Kabal is a very good zoning character.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Is there any reason not to run hook grab, extended hook, and low hook? The first gives you great damage and allows you to position the opponent, the second gives great post grab pressure and doesn't seem to scale, and the last gives you 50/50's off all your best strings. Doesn't seem like the other specials can really compete with these. I also think gas blast is supposed to be safe on block, pretty sure it was said in the kombat kast and it's just so bad relative to extended hook.
That appears to be the meta loadout. Some people swap out extended hook for the Low Saw Blades. I've been running Hook Grab and Air Dash to get past Jade and Kabals zoning. The air dash gives him yet another annoying air option that can be really hard to deal with.

That's not as worth it as the loadout you described tho. High damage combos that restand, constant fifty fifties in strings, he becomes a real pressure monster. Maybe if the air dash was one slot, but I dont know how that would impact balance