What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

babalook

Noob
so, wall combos, what've we got? I've been doing string ND 23DB2MB Ji1 23DB3 for 336 but I'm pretty sure we can do better.

edit: I managed to get a Ji3 D1 23DB3 after the MB hook grab but the CPU died so idk how much dmg it does yet.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
44% KB combo 2 bars: https://twitter.com/Gods_nerd/status/1111382953613918210

the opponent blocked the 1,1, string so I didn't get the full damage, but it looked like this:

1,1,* db4+R1 on kounter * f2,2 * db2+R1 * f2,2 * db2
Hey V, what are your best combos starting with B12D2(KB), what are you using for optimal damage on start, the best I'm able to catch it with is 11 xx Nomad Dash into S3 xx DB2+Amp and randomly ender but it's only 35%ish.

TL;DR:
What are your favorite KB starters and Enders for KB optimal damage?

medleyoz

Noob
What is the timing on amplifying his straight buzzsaw projectile? I literally just did a full tower on very easy just trying all different timings to get it to work and just couldn't do it.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
What is the timing on amplifying his straight buzzsaw projectile? I literally just did a full tower on very easy just trying all different timings to get it to work and just couldn't do it.
I've been having some issues as well with regards to the input window

LawAbidingCitizen

You have to press AMP before he throws it. The other amps is just as they hit ground (BF4, DB4) and the Air Hook is done just as it hits them.
It's actually nice this way because it helps for Hit confirmation.

LawAbidingCitizen

44% KB combo 2 bars: https://twitter.com/Gods_nerd/status/1111382953613918210

the opponent blocked the 1,1, string so I didn't get the full damage, but it looked like this:

1,1,* db4+R1 on kounter * f2,2 * db2+R1 * f2,2 * db2
  1. Hey I found out that the normal into DB4 doesn't work to trigger the KB. Specifically the 11 starter. The DB4 Reversal KB is only triggered when it hits first and when your opponent wiffs or you counter there hits.
  2. it doesn't require Amplify (R1/RB) to trigger the popup.
Maybe this will help you out to get it again.

LawAbidingCitizen

Cheers. I feel like I tried that. I basically did BF1R1 and also tried delaying amplifying til I could see the saw in his hands and got nothing. All the other moves amplifying them is fine it's just this darn projectile.
You amp just before he throws it. I don't have a problem with it anymore. Just practice it until you get the timing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
  1. Hey I found out that the normal into DB4 doesn't work to trigger the KB. Specifically the 11 starter. The DB4 Reversal KB is only triggered when it hits first and when your opponent wiffs or you counter there hits.
  2. it doesn't require Amplify (R1/RB) to trigger the popup.
Maybe this will help you out to get it again.
Okay so it triggered it because I countered them, but if I would have landed the 1,1,1, string it wouldn't have worked? Maybe it just doesn't work in a combo?

LawAbidingCitizen

Okay so it triggered it because I countered them, but if I would have landed the 1,1,1, string it wouldn't have worked? Maybe it just doesn't work in a combo?
If you land any normal before the DB4 it doesn't work.
Your combo had the 11 on block and the first hit was DB4

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Thanks! I only hit B12D2 (KB), 11-bf3 one time. I'm finding it easier with D1-d1-bf3 instead... at least for now that 11 is hard.
I always just remind myself to do the 11 as soon as they are about to land, because normally I want to do it much sooner. So that's how I get the timing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hey V, what are your best combos starting with B12D2(KB), what are you using for optimal damage on start, the best I'm able to catch it with is 11 xx Nomad Dash into S3 xx DB2+Amp and randomly ender but it's only 35%ish.

TL;DR:
What are your favorite KB starters and Enders for KB optimal damage?
You could also follow that KB with 2,3 * nomad dash * f2,2 * special?

If you land any normal before the DB4 it doesn't work.
Your combo had the 11 on block and the first hit was DB4
Ah okay I get it, thanks for the tip I'll definitely keep that in mind to try and get it every game at least. And that's a pretty cool requirement too, you can bait it out. Get your opponent to block and counter them.

LawAbidingCitizen

You could also follow that KB with 2,3 * nomad dash * f2,2 * special?
Thanks I'll try it out.

Ah okay I get it, thanks for the tip I'll definitely keep that in mind to try and get it every game at least. And that's a pretty cool requirement too, you can bait it out. Get your opponent to block and counter them.
Also I find it is easy to trigger when using it to punish an unsafe move on block like Scorpion Spear/flame breath, Kabals Nomad Dash, Scarlet's Sciphon ect.

babalook

Noob
I honestly think NDC should leave you at like +10 if it's going to cost your defensive meter, how it is currently (+2 tops but feels like it might not even be plus off B12/F22), I'm not sure it should even cost meter.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Two random questions:
  1. Is it just me, or does Kabal sound like C. Tomas Howell aka Captain Cold's voice actor?
  2. Should Kabal even have hair if his entire body was burned?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Jade is cancer to this character imo..
Yeah? I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I really seem to struggle against Jades that know what they're doing. Can't seem to zone them because of Glow, and can't seem to outfootsie them because of their longer range. I figured I was just bad at the game though.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I believe not.

My only gripe with Kabal and it has nothing to do with his gameplay!

That "Kaballin" taunt at the end of the round is absolutely lame. It sounds dumb af and I'm wondering if anyone has been able to change what he says after each round? So far I haven't found a way in customization.
Other than that I think kabal is solid and fair. I like that he doesn't have lows and that his only ones are D3, D4, B4 and 3 Gear options that are unsafe (-15/-17ob).
This makes his safe OHs balanced and I'm happy with his design. I played someone online and they bitched about his Fatal Blow being able to hit full screen. This is absurd that some want to change the character 25 days before the game is released! If you are not mashing out of turn and not jumping he can't Fatal Blow you so it's 100% your own fault if you get hit by it.
I am fine with all Fatals being -10/-17 on block if NRS wants to do this but I like that his Fatal Blow is full screen.
At face value, i didn't like it.
HOWEVER, my co-best friend in life is a HUGE Borderlands girl. And the trailer for part 3 dropped today. And it got me thinking...if the direction of Future Kabal ends up being revealed as a Handsome Jack/maybe Evil Johnny Cage type, who turns out to be that level of arrogant bad guy who talks shit because literally no one is at his speed...in THAT context, the cringe at least makes sense.