What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It has to be a Kounter or a Punish.

I usually look for the message popup when I do b1, if it shows up then I know to hold 2 to confirm the KB.

I'm too old to combo 23 after it, so I use standing 1 dash like a noob :(
No, I mean what combo do you guys do off of it.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well, b12d2KB, 1 dash, 3 db2mb, f4 db3.
It would be a shitload more damage with 23 dash but i'm not sonic fox.

But that's just with my loadout.
I think you can something like 3 ex glaive after the dash in f4 db4 but it's a lot less damage.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Kabal BnB Without Krushing Blows:

• B+1,2 xx Nomad Dash, 2,3 xx DB2+MB, F4 xx DB3 [Restand] (31%) [1-Bar]
  • 23 xx DB2+MB, 23 xx Nomad Dash, 4 xx DB3 [Restand](37%)[1-Bar]

My fav load out:

• Rolling Buzzsaw [1 Slot]
  • Hook Grab [1 Slot]
  • Extended Hook [1 Slot]
Some other good options to swap with Rolling Buzzsaw are:
  • Low Hook
  • Straight Buzzsaw Air
  • NDC if you want zero defensive meter. Still strong though.
-Gas blast blows
-Low spin blows
-Air dash can be a swaggy way to get Anti-Aired free.

Kabals best normals:

Mids:
  1. F4,1+3 .[Safe] (OH)
  2. B+1,2,D+2 [safe] (OH)
  3. F22 (12f)
High Punishers:

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I've been very successful with airdash. The threat of air saw makes it hard to anti air Kabal.

Then you're able to go with things like jump in 3 xx air dash air 2
If it connects you can convert
If it's blocked you just finish with a safe string

LawAbidingCitizen

I've been very successful with airdash. The threat of air saw makes it hard to anti air Kabal.

Then you're able to go with things like jump in 3 xx air dash air 2
If it connects you can convert
If it's blocked you just finish with a safe string
I'm sure you can get it to work online but the jumping are finicky and just regular footsie avoids it, then we have strong AA, I was popping fool's fool's out if air with just s1.
Then on top walk back full Punishes it and I'm jus saying I think it's usefull but risky.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
So what's everyone's general gameplan? I've played Skarlet since the reveal event but I'm really intrigued by Kabal.

Zone until they rush in and blow them up or go straight in?

What are best strings to be using? I've been running F23DB2MB F23BF3 F3DB3 for 37%, B12D2 and F224 as spacing tools

Have we found an optimal(ish) Dash conversion? I've just been going F23DB2 MB F23DB2 after a ND.

Thanks in advance gents!

Oh also, how the hell do you convert off his KBs? I can't hit the 23 for love nor money

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So what's everyone's general gameplan? I've played Skarlet since the reveal event but I'm really intrigued by Kabal.

What are best strings to be using? I've been running F23DB2MB F23BF3 F3DB3 for 37%, B12D2 and F224 as spacing tools

Have we found an optimal(ish) Dash conversion? I've just been going F23DB2 MB F23DB2 after a ND.

Thanks in advance gents!

Oh also, how the hell do you convert off his KBs? I can't hit the 23 for love nor money

I think this game is going to revolve around holding a life lead, so....

I tend to try and abuse opponents with D4~extended hook, or B12~extended hook. I'm not 100% sure how punishable it is, but it knocks them back on block and literally no one has punished me yet on block. Chip away at their health, throw out the occasional saw or floor saw. The point is to make them chase. Make them whiff. Make them make mistakes. Then use Kabal's fantastic reach to punish or counter. I always end combos with restand, and tend to launch into F223 to condition them to block high, at which point I'll go for F22~floor saw(A), also throw.

Pretty basic, but I'm getting a decent amount of wins online.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
23 is his most damaging string.
23 db2mb 23 dash 4 db3 is like 37%

Also random spam 51%:

Also some random thoughts day0 (and keep in mind i'm useless at the game):

Restand move:

Restand grab does a shitttton of damage at the end of the combo, doesn't seem like it cares about scaling. Does way more than db4 as an ender.

With restand, F4 db3 is the best ender even if slightly less damage than 4 db3 or other strings.
F4 db3 will always, at any range, leave him literally point blank at all times after the restand.

I can hardly see a loadout without this move, it's godlike.

Anti air grab:

Best pick out of the two extenders. The other one is useless since there's no mixup as the first two hits are mid and it's shittonunsafe. I would never pick that one, always get anti air grab as the extender as it hits after his most damaging string, 23.

Low hook:

If you're willing to risk a -17 to have 50-50s after your restands, this is pretty much guaranteed. There is no escape, they just have to take f4 hook or f4 overhead. You can do F224 and f22 low for an unreactableish one, but you have to be frame perfect with your f2 otherwise you get poked out.

NDC:

Ugh.. ok so..you get one or two more reps in the block string. If you don't have low hook you just have to mix with throws.
For now, day 0, it seems not worth the trouble as it takes up your defensive meter which is like air. One rep and you lose a wakeup and your breaker. Not really a fan, and it doesn't seem to be that much of a payoff to just get a grab attempt or a -17 low.

Surely someone capable can find actual setups worth it, I haven't found any and it doesn't even extend the combos. Bleah

Low saw/ straight air saw:

Godlike for walkbackers and jade jumpbackers. If you want to cheese I would go with both of them.
Straight air saw links and amplify combos after a jumpin kick with dash, if you're into that sort of thing.

Gas blast:

I think I have found finally a move more useless than cage glasses toss.

Gas air jump:

Godlike if you mained beetle in inj2. Since there are no crossups you will get d1'ed out of it unless you just use it to gain space with his godlike j2 or space it really well.
Probably useless against kung lao spin and other horrendously broken anti airs. Not my style of play so haven't given it much try.
Is NDC actually even plus at all on block? It just says "N/A" in the frame data

I think I'm so attached to MK9 kabal that I'm like begging for someone to find utility in this lol

LawAbidingCitizen

Thanks in advance gents!

His best normals are:

1. B+12D+2 (At footsie distance)
  2. F22 (12f mid great for moderate distance)
  3. F41+3 (Use close up, 9f mid)
  4. 23 (highest damage, I use to punish)
  5. F3 (slowon start but is +6 ob)
  6. Extended Hook(DB3) is safe on block and can be used to Restand.
  7. Nomad Dash, use when they mash.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Kabal BnB Without Krushing Blows:

• B+1,2 xx Nomad Dash, 2,3 xx DB2+MB, F4 xx DB3 [Restand] (31%) [1-Bar]
  • 23 xx DB2+MB, 23 xx Nomad Dash, 4 xx DB3 [Restand](37%)[1-Bar]

My fav load out:

• Rolling Buzzsaw [1 Slot]
  • Hook Grab [1 Slot]
  • Extended Hook [1 Slot]
Some other good options to swap with Rolling Buzzsaw are:
  • Low Hook
  • Straight Buzzsaw Air
  • NDC if you want zero defensive meter. Still strong though.
-Gas blast blows
-Low spin blows
-Air dash can be a swaggy way to get Anti-Aired free.

Kabals best normals:

Mids:
  1. F4,1+3 .[Safe] (OH)
  2. B+1,2,D+2 [safe] (OH)
  3. F22 (12f)
High Punishers:
This is the kinda thing I've been hoping for. Seeing what his best normals are.

LawAbidingCitizen

This is the kinda thing I've been hoping for. Seeing what his best normals are.
I really like Kabals, he is modest with his normals, no safe lows and only gets them through gear. My personal opinion is you can't go without Extended Hook, Rolling Buzzsaw and Hook Grab(AA).

I like his design in the sense that he doesn't have both OHs and Lows so you have to out neutral your opponent to open them up. I have been successful with Low Hook in place of the low projectile but both are unsafe options. I use the low projectile midscreen for some zoning into mash check Nomad Dash.

I feel like his low hooks are very unsafe and the spin one has two slow mids into the low which just gets blocked, at least the non launching low grab is a 50/50 but an unsafe one.

So I just use OHs and throws for my 50/50s and bait out wiffs to get my combos.

I'm about to lab up his NDC today and see what REO was saying. I think it's fair that it adds extra rotation for the cost of bars limiting your defensive options. I'll see how truly plus it really is.

I'll be loading a couple videos here when I can get it from my XB1 to a suitable platform to do so.

It blows my mind when I see people crying for nerfs 25 days before the game even releases. It's absurd. God forbid we lab matchups when the full version is released before asking for change? And that Jade Buff thread SMH. She is great for what she is mentioned to do. A zoning character is supposed to be shitty up close because they are good mid to full screen. She has corner carry and decent damage in the corner and when we figure out all of her KBs we will get that midscreen damage 35-40%+

After all this is a limited version of the game.

LawAbidingCitizen

Anyone getting good mileage out of the nomad dash cancel ability?
I'm not, it allows they normal cycle but it only seems to be slightly plus. It's the fact you are eliminating your wakeup and breaker options when using it for follow up offense. Since he has no lows except unsafe gear all I can see is using it for throws to create that makeshift 50/50 but it's risky, if read they can duck it and Krushing Blow punish for a strong hurting counter.

Maybe I'm not frame perfect so I'll try it again today. I'll record and try to see how many frames till they can block.

LawAbidingCitizen

Noone uses the parry?
Can Kabal get the B12D2KB after a parry?
I believe not.

My only gripe with Kabal and it has nothing to do with his gameplay!

That "Kaballin" taunt at the end of the round is absolutely lame. It sounds dumb af and I'm wondering if anyone has been able to change what he says after each round? So far I haven't found a way in customization.
Other than that I think kabal is solid and fair. I like that he doesn't have lows and that his only ones are D3, D4, B4 and 3 Gear options that are unsafe (-15/-17ob).
This makes his safe OHs balanced and I'm happy with his design. I played someone online and they bitched about his Fatal Blow being able to hit full screen. This is absurd that some want to change the character 25 days before the game is released! If you are not mashing out of turn and not jumping he can't Fatal Blow you so it's 100% your own fault if you get hit by it.
I am fine with all Fatals being -10/-17 on block if NRS wants to do this but I like that his Fatal Blow is full screen.