What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

gibster13

A fan of fans
First impressions

Kabal is very simple but effective. Still early af to say ik, but I feel he is quite good.
———
It always feel

“Is this even optimum”

“ cuz it’s so simple

Do wish he had his restand in his low buzzsaw variation tbh lol

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Kabal has 2 great variations that depend on personal preference. NDC is obviously the standout of #1 and downwards Air projectile is the best thing of #2, but both have other cool things and I think at the moment he has two pretty equal options tournament variation wise. Zoners will prefer #2 for sure.

I found Kabal simple and effective (like a machine) - but boring. Maybe I am back after checking others too.
I like strong fundamental game and Kabal can do it for sure. But it was not fun with Kabal, yet. I did not play too much 50/50 though just the other footsies stuff. :)

I will keep watching him. :)

I think Kabal and Sonya are feeling the most complete atm. Quite a fan Kano and Jax too. But he really is a bit boring without unlimited cancels. Good frames and reach... with large gaps in his strings.

Last edited:

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Thoughts on kabal v lu Kang?
I havent played against a really good one yet so I cant say much, I will say though that this is one match up where I quickly learned to never use Low Saw in the match up, basically anything he might want to press will trade or beat it to varying degrees. I also found his neutral to be nice so that I was more cautious and put more thought into it before just throwing out B1, but that's probably something I should be doing every game ;)

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I havent played against a really good one yet so I cant say much, I will say though that this is one match up where I quickly learned to never use Low Saw in the match up, basically anything he might want to press will trade or beat it to varying degrees. I also found his neutral to be nice so that I was more cautious and put more thought into it before just throwing out B1, but that's probably something I should be doing every game ;)
B1 is great! And b1 into low daw is very solid! And thanks

BanTheTesters

Guys honestly kabal is making the game for me! He’s super fun (though SLIGHTLY repetitiveish)

I was struggling to find a character I liked in mk11 (since non of my mains freaking made it) but I love the way he plays in this one (loved him in the beta!)

Def my mk 11 main...unless joker shows up..but he’s totally my main love the f22 into either overhead of low saw and the mix up potential along with it!

Xyero

Noob
Is anyone having trouble getting the hook grab in the 2nd tourney variation? I keep doing extended hook. Even if I switch it to short delay. I can only get hook grab in practice mode and not in a real match, not sure if it's lag or what.

HAMMER

Noob
The ghost fatality is so great! But why they censored his head :eek:
One of the greatest MK fatalities ever. They censored it because 2019.

I've been using Kabal mainly. The MEAN CUT variation or w/e with the low saw, Spin cancel.

I don't know what his strengths are.

Against the CPU I just spam B1-2 Spin, then 2, 3, Hook Spin thing which is his best damage from what I've seen. I know it isn't though.

I throw saws at the cpu from full screen.

He seems like he kinda sucks, but I don't know wtf I'm doing either.

I hated this char in mk9 because i thought he was overpowered. He feels alot more honest and fits my playstyle in this game. Im a tarkatan main but kabal may be my secondary

I've been playing a lot of Kabal since release, and I've come to the conclusion that his best move is Extended Hook from the Clean Cut variation.

I've basically been ending every combo with Extended Hook for the Restand at +2, and you only lose roughly 10% dmg compared to hook slam. Most of the time the re-stand puts them at a far enough range that any 9 or lower frame button that they mash will whiff, giving you an easy F2,2 combo starter. Once they start respecting you, mix up with throw or shimmy into b1,2. If they get pulled close and you think they will mash you get an easy free d1 to keep advantage.

I was really digging NDC for the plus frames on his strings for some serious mix-up pressure, but I don't think its worth giving up the guaranteed re-stand on every combo and also the downward air Buzzsaw.

Just my 2 cents: Kabal is a pure footsies character that basically gets a guaranteed 200-220 meterless damage on all combos (but not much more even with mb); so you get great footsies with easy guaranteed damage into +2 restands.

BanTheTesters

I hated this char in mk9 because i thought he was overpowered. He feels alot more honest and fits my playstyle in this game. Im a tarkatan main but kabal may be my secondary
I couldn’t agree more! My thoughts exactly...

I was a cen main but kabal is my man and she’s secondary now...it’s a little auto piolet sometime it in REALLY feeling his gameplay here

HAMMER

Noob
What is his BNB for the first variation with the NMD cancel and the low buzz-saw?

I guess he's my main now since he's who I've been using.

And his running fatality is my favorite in the game.

Guess he just fell in my hands.

I'm really enjoying him, he has definitely fallen under the radar. What is the typical strategy after the restand in his current state?