What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

Anybody feel like kabals d1 is trash? I feel like I can't get any pressure off, even if I land it... Lol
Fwd 4 or dwn 4 into something at best...
Well it’s not that bad, 7 frames. Also comes in handy with corner combos but yeah for pressure I mostly use b1 and d4

Anybody feel like kabals d1 is trash? I feel like I can't get any pressure off, even if I land it... Lol
Feels fine to me. Predictably traps into everything it should on hit.

F4 is minus on hit though. Might get you pressure because people assume its plus though. (Tested by doing sub zero vs kabals d4 after f4 on hit)

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Hey guys, what are your go to bnbs midscreen and in the corner with kabal? I struggle to find anything damaging with him

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Anybody else having trouble getting his Low Hook Grab KB to come out? I can usually condition my opponents to block high but the KB never seems to come out. Admittedly, sometimes i take my finger off 2 briefly in case it doesn't land, but i always hold it back once i've seen it connect and still no luck. Sub Zero's 3 amplified slide attack KB will come out even if you take your finger off amplify for a second so i'm just confused tbh

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
They have to be holding block when it hits them, and it also has to be the first hit, because we can't all have subzero KB that you can do whenever you want just because. And when I say first hit, it can't be canceled into or be part of a blockstring.

If they block f22 and hold block high in fear of 4, it won't come out. It LITERALLY has to be the first hit EVER, raw.

This means if they're mashing d1 or let go of block, it won't come out.

Thanks NRS.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Thanks @M.D. , i thought it must have been something with the mechanics because even a mid tier scrub like me can execute properly sometimes.

And not to be complaining about characters KBs to a Johnny Cage main, but a Raw low hook grab hitting for KB is exactly as unlikely as a Raw B3 1+3 Kb for Noob. Maybe even less so. This is disappointing news.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Thanks @M.D. , i thought it must have been something with the mechanics because even a mid tier scrub like me can execute properly sometimes.

And not to be complaining about characters KBs to a Johnny Cage main, but a Raw low hook grab hitting for KB is exactly as unlikely as a Raw B3 1+3 Kb for Noob. Maybe even less so. This is disappointing news.
Yup would be way better if it would work in blockstrings, Same with punish kb‘s in combos. Kb db4 leads to so much damage but using it raw is just weird.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Haha yes I main Cage but I also main Kabal for when I actually want to have a legit chance at winning something in this game.

This low hook KB, they changed it from the beta, probably they felt getting it from a 50-50 would be too OP.
Thank God Jax still has both of them from a 50-50 and from a tick throw, so you can get free 60% from mixups.

NRS RULZ

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
The struggle to comprehend is very real.

Also, went into the practice mode real quick on my lunch break to practice some combos i saw in this thread. I can convert D2 to a combo if i catch them jumping, but for the life of me i can't seem to get BF1 amplify to true combo after ANYTHING, whereas non amplified combos just fine.

Before ND, after, doesnt seem to matter. I can dash in and d1 after to extend with 23 but what am i missing?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Greetings to all Kabul players! Looking to pick up this character sometime. Any tips or things I should look out for? Which variation is good? What are his best strings and combos? I main Raiden but I’m branching out to other characters too :) Thanks in advance

Malec

Noob
Ok, why can't you use b1 into low hook and get a crushing blow if they block standing? Would it be to broken?
In the meantime Geras gets 50/50 crushing blows left and right

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
They have to be holding block when it hits them, and it also has to be the first hit, because we can't all have subzero KB that you can do whenever you want just because. And when I say first hit, it can't be canceled into or be part of a blockstring.

If they block f22 and hold block high in fear of 4, it won't come out. It LITERALLY has to be the first hit EVER, raw.

This means if they're mashing d1 or let go of block, it won't come out.

Thanks NRS.
Wrong. The kb comes out after st 1, and 11. There’s no real mix up but still catches people a lot

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
The struggle to comprehend is very real.

Also, went into the practice mode real quick on my lunch break to practice some combos i saw in this thread. I can convert D2 to a combo if i catch them jumping, but for the life of me i can't seem to get BF1 amplify to true combo after ANYTHING, whereas non amplified combos just fine.

Before ND, after, doesnt seem to matter. I can dash in and d1 after to extend with 23 but what am i missing?
I’ll ask you to keep labbing. Vary the timing of the micro dashes until you figure out what works. Took me about a week to be able to do it consistently online

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Any good combos for his NDC variation? He doesn’t seem to get big damage. Is that just how he is or are there moves I’m not using correctly? I usually use B12~nomad dash, 4~BF1AMP, 3~DB4 for 264 damage

Malec

Noob
Any good combos for his NDC variation? He doesn’t seem to get big damage. Is that just how he is or are there moves I’m not using correctly? I usually use B12~nomad dash, 4~BF1AMP, 3~DB4 for 264 damage
Do 2,3~DB4 instead of 3~DB4, to hit that, you have to dash a little before the 4~BF1 and another dash before 2,3