Votes: 32 19.9%

Votes: 2 1.2%

Votes: 23 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
W/e ... too many robots as is.

I will say, he looks badass... (imo better than the current robots)
More robots. They all look sick as shit.

Also, they wont get rid of CSZ, shut your mouth. He stays. There isnt even any reason for reg sub to make a re-apperence, so HAHAHAHAHAHAHA IN YOUR FACE.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
More robots. They all look sick as shit.

Also, they wont get rid of CSZ, shut your mouth. He stays. There isnt even any reason for reg sub to make a re-apperence, so HAHAHAHAHAHAHA IN YOUR FACE.
If some how they get rid of Cyber Sub, they have to put Cyber Smoke in at least!

Warborn

Freebies for all
I also voted for 14. It's just full of badassery.
Yeah the back story on 14 is sweet too.

W/e ... too many robots as is.

I will say, he looks badass... (imo better than the current robots)
he's not a robot... hes a robot that was human. No a human robot. No part robot, part human. No half robot human.... haha!

(Anyone get the Southpark reference?) kinda like manbearpig, Dude that should be a boss in MK10 Manbearpig!!!

Jealous? Bro, I've been laughing my ass off about this since I saw the entries. I actually think the entries who have more votes than me are actually better than mine, except Raiden 2.0 of course. Those other entries are at least original characters.
Once again jealous much. That raiden 2.0 you said is the best one.. I even saw people that commented might be connected to NRS putting Renshu on the next mortal kombat. Read hes backstory bro, and if you don't get it read it again and again.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Once again jealous much. That raiden 2.0 you said is the best one.. I even saw people that commented might be connected to NRS putting Renshu on the next mortal kombat. Read hes backstory bro, and if you don't get it read it again and again.
Just what MK needs, more clones of existing characters. It's just lazy design. I don't want another character with thunder powers who wears the exact same clothes as Raiden. I'd rather see MK evolve with new and unique characters, and judging by the poll results, I'm not the only one.

My top 3 in order from to bottom are:

#10 Maros
The only alien character in this entire roster. I don't need to see more aliens dressed as ninjas or aliens that are human in appearance.
Its extendable tendrils make me think it would be really awesome to see what Netherrealm's animators can do with a demonic Dhalsim.
Its backstory is its weakest area but even that is really good as you have to wonder how someone who goes on a 2 week murdering rampage can be aligned with the Earthrealm. What makes his background weak is that he doesn't add much to the mythos but the amount of character drama it can create is certainly a lot better than most of the vendatta storylines we typically get in Mortal Kombat.

#6 ORI
Great personal backstory that makes him overall interesting.
It sounds like with his self made chemicals he could be a DOT based character which is very risky to have in a fighting game but I'm intrigued in seeing what could be done even if it turns out to be a disaster.
There is so much to his appearance to hate and love that it fits well with expressing his insanity. This character is stylish.

#1 Simba
We have only 7 women in the roster. Would be nice to have another.
Her backstory is excellent because it adds to the overall mythos. I really wasn't thrilled with the direction of the storyline when Annihilation came out. Netherrealm fell into a rut. Ressurecting a god that isn't part of the current MK pantheon offers some new storyline opportunities.
Her character design is her her major weakness by being so unoriginal even though it is well made. The name is cringe inducing.

Reactions: VOR

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm open to any honest critique as well. I'm interested in knowing what people don't like about Ori.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
There are a few really good ones, but I'm going to go with 1 just because I agree that she seems to be the most original with no ties to the current cast and we don't really have enough female fighters currently. The only thing is Simba is an awful name for her(no offence), but I'll cast my vote based on the actual design and backstory.

Really like Ori though, would definitely get my vote if I could vote twice. Very cool backstory, and nice idea for his special abilities. Disappointed to see not many people voting for him!

Other honourable mentions for me would be Voltex who looks freaking sick, but overall another cyborg just isn't very original. Also like "Woven" just because the idea of pigeon based abilities is original and funny yet he still looks cool.

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
There are a few really good ones, but I'm going to go with 1 just because I agree that she seems to be the most original with no ties to the current cast and we don't really have enough female fighters currently. The only thing is Simba is an awful name for her(no offence), but I'll cast my vote based on the actual design and backstory.
Her name is bad yeah, definitely see that now - but it can easily be changed if the process goes further that is. Cheers for the comments people.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Ori is the most original, Simba is the best drawing, but Voltek is by far the most badass

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Roko1985

I like your, but voted for mine. Still, you are very talanted. I like the idea.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm open to any honest critique as well. I'm interested in knowing what people don't like about Ori.
I can't really say there's anything I don't like about Ori man. Enhance his abilities with chemicals? He seems like he'd have that move like the flash where he pummels you for a few seconds, along with being hakan-ish by having to inject himself with hypo's to increase his damage/speed/give no block maybe? Hell his throw could have him inject his opponent and do stuff like slow them down/no blocking/poisoned for a few seconds. The idea is really really cool. Of course its all subjective. I commend you for coming up with such a good story to place him into the mk universe.

VOR

Noob
My top 3 in order from to bottom are:

#10 Maros
The only alien character in this entire roster. I don't need to see more aliens dressed as ninjas or aliens that are human in appearance.
Its extendable tendrils make me think it would be really awesome to see what Netherrealm's animators can do with a demonic Dhalsim.
Its backstory is its weakest area but even that is really good as you have to wonder how someone who goes on a 2 week murdering rampage can be aligned with the Earthrealm. What makes his background weak is that he doesn't add much to the mythos but the amount of character drama it can create is certainly a lot better than most of the vendatta storylines we typically get in Mortal Kombat.
Honestly, I didn't think people would be too down with completely new mythos. I understand what you're saying but I wanted to appeal to traditionalists i guess. I could've gone way crazier, but I felt restraint would be a better strategy. Thanks for the comments though :)

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I can't really say there's anything I don't like about Ori man. Enhance his abilities with chemicals? He seems like he'd have that move like the flash where he pummels you for a few seconds, along with being hakan-ish by having to inject himself with hypo's to increase his damage/speed/give no block maybe? Hell his throw could have him inject his opponent and do stuff like slow them down/no blocking/poisoned for a few seconds. The idea is really really cool. Of course its all subjective. I commend you for coming up with such a good story to place him into the mk universe.
Thanks, it means a lot. I actually wrote a playstyle description and sent it to Storms, but I guess he was too busy and posted the original text I sent. Here's the rest of it just to give Ori some more depth:

Playstyle: Ori is a very defensive and keepaway/zoning character, with both high and low parry special moves, including a back and forward dodge roll that is very quick, but does no damage to his opponent (only the enhanced version will do damage and works like a slide). One of his specials allows him to throw a test tube full of chemicals on the ground that will do damage over time as long as the opponent is touching the area of effect, as well as causing them to stagger back somewhat (the enhanced version drains the opponent's meter) His normals are slow but he has good blockstrings to gain him meter when he does manage to get in, but are susceptible to being poked out of.

X-ray Option 1 [Primal Rage]: Ori's super meter drains slowly, where his damage and speed is increased, but he gains no meter back from his opponent blocking hits while activated, only chip damage.

X-ray Option 2 [Double Down]: An unblockable charge move that must be ducked or jumped over to avoid. Ori charges his opponent and knocks them down. As he sits on top of them, he delivers two devestating left-right haymakers, then he lifts his clasped fists above his head, and screams as he crashes the doubled fist upon the victim's forehead.

Roko1985

I
Thanks, it means a lot. I actually wrote a playstyle description and sent it to Storms, but I guess he was too busy and posted the original text I sent. Here's the rest of it just to give Ori some more depth:

Playstyle: Ori is a very defensive and keepaway/zoning character, with both high and low parry special moves, including a back and forward dodge roll that is very quick, but does no damage to his opponent (only the enhanced version will do damage and works like a slide). One of his specials allows him to throw a test tube full of chemicals on the ground that will do damage over time as long as the opponent is touching the area of effect, as well as causing them to stagger back somewhat (the enhanced version drains the opponent's meter) His normals are slow but he has good blockstrings to gain him meter when he does manage to get in, but are susceptible to being poked out of.

X-ray Option 1 [Primal Rage]: Ori's super meter drains slowly, where his damage and speed is increased, but he gains no meter back from his opponent blocking hits while activated, only chip damage.

X-ray Option 2 [Double Down]: An unblockable charge move that must be ducked or jumped over to avoid. Ori charges his opponent and knocks them down. As he sits on top of them, he delivers two devestating left-right haymakers, then he lifts his clasped fists above his head, and screams as he crashes the doubled fist upon the victim's forehead.
Interesting and diffriend, but just dosn't feel MK style.