What's new

MK10|Boon Hints at What to Expect in Next Game

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I knew you were a bitch, no wonder you like to be wined and dined before you fuck us.

-REAL training mode
-better net code
-better online gui
-F message of the day...
-Make fatality execution time much shorter and a kombat kode for easy fatalities
-More Tournament viable stages that have a variety of stage fatalities for hype
-MK = Fatalities right? MAKE MORE AND NOT CHEESY.
-I love how KoF and P4A have tons of colors for one character, would be interesting to see in MK instead of pallet swap costumes.
-PAPER MK??????

MK has a very loyal fan base, just look at how many people bought those 3D games...make a solid game and they will come...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Mk9 is the most fun I've ever had playing a video game

Reading the constant complaining about mk9 is one of the least enjoyable experiences

Why do the games top players never complain? It's because ae understand NOTHING including a video game can be made with perfection. It doesn't exist and will never exist

99% of the people who complain feel it's the games issues holding them back from winning majors and I assure u it's a god damn cop out

LONG LIVE WB, NRS, MK and especially Paulo and despite being a bears fan hecterrific too
/Thread.

Also, if MK10 ends up being at least for-the-most-part similar to MK9 (as far as the Meter, combo system, Block button, with the kinks worked out and hopefully a more consistent online experience), there are only two things I would need for the next MK to be as close to perfect as I could hope for:

1: The return of Konquest Mode.
2: Ashrah.

That is all.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
/Thread.

Also, if MK10 ends up being at least for-the-most-part similar to MK9 (as far as the Meter, combo system, Block button, with the kinks worked out and hopefully a more consistent online experience), there are only two things I would need for the next MK to be as close to perfect as I could hope for:

1: The return of Konquest Mode.
2: Ashrah.

That is all.
Thanks for the oxymoron...

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
My point is, why not give them a thread with ideas and thoughts that are fresh and innovative? This gives them less clutter to sift through(or to pass up reading altogether), and gets right to the points and ideas that the fans would like to see implemented in the next game.
I want NRS to experiment. However, I just wish that they would only experiment with individual character properties and playstyles instead of completely changing the overall rules of the game.

What if some characters could run/charge, but others couldn't? What if some characters could jump higher than others? What if a few characters didn't do chip damage because their hitstun is so powerful? What if some characters had completely different super meters than the others (maybe a couple characters don't even have EX moves)? What if characters had wake up-only attacks?
What if one character didn't even have limbs, he was just a head and torso that rolls around the fucking arena biting the opponent's kneecaps?

Do you see where I'm going with this? I want NRS to build MK10's "innovation" into the characters themselves. Don't mess with the overarching rules of the game (the combo system, block button, 2D plane, x-rays, projectiles don't trade, uppercuts, etc), unless it's character specific ONLY (maybe a few characters are completely unable to break combos).

It's obvious that NRS tried to make every character feel different in MK9; why not run with that same theory and just go all out in MK10? Not only would this create an incredible amount of depth, but it could still feel like MK and be innovative without risking the addition of any nonsense like *shudder* free-fall kombat and stage hazards.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Mk9 is the most fun I've ever had playing a video game

Reading the constant complaining about mk9 is one of the least enjoyable experiences

Why do the games top players never complain? It's because ae understand NOTHING including a video game can be made with perfection. It doesn't exist and will never exist

99% of the people who complain feel it's the games issues holding them back from winning majors and I assure u it's a god damn cop out

LONG LIVE WB, NRS, MK and especially Paulo and despite being a bears fan hecterrific too
Did you just call Tom Brady not a top player?

Geochron

Noob
All I want is the original button scheme back, hell, give people an option to choose the original or the MK9 version.
What exactly do you mean? You can change the button layout to whatever you want. Unless I'm just misunderstanding what you're saying.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
just sit back and enjoy the games we are going to get because the next gen consoles are going to be a while.
This.

I've heard the next gen console comes out in 2015, though It's probably old news. None-the-less, I'm excited for a new Mortal Kombat game.

Request: Chess combat. I'll kick all yo' asses in that.

Espio

Kokomo
Honestly...all I ask is to please keep the original roster. These are the characters that everyone grew up loving and enjoying, it's part of why MK9 was so much fun originally. Adding onto the cast is the way to go in my opinion.

Also, there's so many interesting and unqiue characters in MK9, it would be a shame to not see them again for another decade or more possibly( not trying to dramatize....some characters literally had periods where they weren't in a game for that long).

Innovation can come still by adding depth to the game with things like air dashes or more purposes for meter(not saying these should be added, but you get the idea).

In short the original roster is what made this game super appealing and the addition of other fan favorites like Quan Chi, Kenshi, Rain, and the new female ninja Skarlet really sweetened the deal to make it an amazing roster.

I think casual and hardcore fans will agree..the original MK1-MK3 cast is a huge part of why MK9 was awesome and a huge reason for people to get into it, obviously the fun gameplay, story mode, etc were amazing motivators as well.

HangNail

TrevarThePastor
Fix the bad shit in MK9, keep the cool shit and add some cool characters that are actually cool (I swear i will facepalm through my head if they add kobra or hsu hao) and if Ed is adding gimmicks, lets all cross our fingers and hope he doesn't pull them out of his eyebrows and we don't get MKvsDC shit. Close Kombat made me sad :(

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...I want NRS to build MK10's "innovation" into the characters themselves. Don't mess with the overarching rules of the game (the combo system, block button, 2D plane, x-rays, projectiles don't trade, uppercuts, etc), unless it's character specific ONLY (maybe a few characters are completely unable to break combos).
I agree with all except the "ONLY" word. I think we must wait until the release of Injustice to form a better opinion about stage interactions and other "rules" changes. Now, the character innovations is a must have; it is well know than mk9 lacks of distinctive chars like other games ( I'm thinking about ssf2t's Zangief, Dhalsim, Vega (Claw), kof's chin gentsai, etc.) so it will be nice to see something different (but I'm not mean with that to include ssf2t's Zangief, Dhalsim, Vega (Claw), kof's chin gentsai, etc. similar characters). I think Grundy in Injustice is the perfect example of character innovation in NRS, maybe they could base Moloch (if he is included in MK10) on grundy's performance.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
It has nothing to do with not being a top player. This game has a lot of problems, but it's still fun to play. I agree with Chris G when he said the armor pretty much ruined the game along with input bug and so on so forth. I can't wait for Mk10 though.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Request: Chess combat. I'll kick all yo' asses in that.
And that MK kart game from (I dont remember well ) MK armageddon I believe. It would be great. I like Twisted metal, maybe it could fit more the MK world that the karting game. But I defenitely buy MK10 if NRS include a MK "MicroMachines" lookalike game ... wooooowwwwww, that would rock your world, for sure. :cool:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Honestly...all I ask is to please keep the original roster. These are the characters that everyone grew up loving and enjoying, it's part of why MK9 was so much fun originally. Adding onto the cast is the way to go in my opinion.
That's right. Please revive subzero in human form :(. I accept the dead of Stryker, Jax, Sindel, Kabal (specially him, he has ruined a lot of tourneys for me watching :REO), etc. But subzero has to come to live again. On the other hand I want to see a lot of new fighters like Moloch, Fujin, Tanya, Nitara, Havik, Hotaru, etc. ... specially Li Mei ...*drooling*

In short the original roster is what made this game super appealing and the addition of other fan favorites like Quan Chi, Kenshi, Rain, and the new female ninja Skarlet really sweetened the deal to make it an amazing roster.
Kenshi, Rain, Skarlet (sorry not Freddy) are the most amazing DLC a game have got in earth, and it comes from a person that hate the DLC (C for characters, not content) "business".

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
He's won multiple majors and the face of our game

And you are________?
I'm BDMao, you know the guy with the Mao Zedong avatar? I'm a smoke player whose name you pronounced Mayo...For being in sports radio you should know people criticize players all the time, and for one thing top players DO complain about the game which was the point I was trying to make.

I know my skill placement and could care less, I still enjoy the game.

I'm BDMao, you know the guy with the Mao Zedong avatar? I'm a smoke player whose name you pronounced Mayo...For being in sports radio you should know people criticize players all the time, and for one thing top players DO complain about the game which was the point I was trying to make.

Don't question him peasant!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

Bow to the almighty allseeing one... wait...