What's new

MK10|Boon Hints at What to Expect in Next Game

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm BDMao, you know the guy with the Mao Zedong avatar? I'm a smoke player whose name you pronounced Mayo...For being in sports radio you should know people criticize players all the time, and for one thing top players DO complain about the game which was the point I was trying to make.

I know my skill placement and could care less, I still enjoy the game.
People who complain about mark sanchez are correct

Sorry i mispronounced your name

Pig Of The Hut

You didn't respond to my quote, imo that's passive aggressive.
Most of feel the same way Hector responded to some of you

Not sure if it was towards you but some responses on this forum make us all shake our heads

ie: Ragufragglerok or whatever his name is

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Most of feel the same way Hector responded to some of you

Not sure if it was towards you but some responses on this forum make us all shake our heads

ie: Ragufragglerok or whatever his name is
Well he did quote me, but I do know making a game is VERY hard work and it's not as simple as putting a dot on your i to fix a character, but what everyone really wants is a solid fighting game. Wasn't fatalities originally really just a gimmick to separate itself from competitors? It's not 1993 anymore and so much is allowed these days where fatalities are just a light in the corner of our eyes. That's why I think they should make fatalities more of a skill thing, bring some hype to it online AND offline. Beat an opponent by 50%+ pull off some kind of humiliating fatality, beat them when you are both at 5% health and have another type of fatality. If ANYONE can do a fatality it's boring and feels like a drag. Most people online and especially offline when they get in those 3rd round matches and it's down to the last hit they scream out and then to seal the deal with some kind of fatality that is only used at that moment would be the icing on the cake! See my point? Get rid of these 30 second fatalities and really cherish what your franchise is really about, not make it cheesy.

So when I think of NRS I think they made MK9 VERY good, but yes there are some things they need to work out which I hope they fix in MK10, but they need to try to change that gimmicky image they have and really mold a solid skillful fighter while at the same time concentrating on fatalities.

How boring is it to see the same 2-3 fatalities over and over, I honestly don't understand how people can keep doing them! If I was given options to perform fatalities based on how bad or good I beat the opponent; it would make things much more enjoyable while keeping the hype.

and pig maybe my reading comprehension is horrible, but I don't understand why you would shake your head at ragfrag? Are you shaking it because MK NEVER follows the storyline?
hecterrific

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Really fix the netcode if you want some innovation because from there you can get really creative with things! 2v2 online with 4 people, king of the hill style 2v2 where maybe only the top 2 players from each side stays etc, would be fun to watch streams with top players doing koth 2v2 for laughs. Be able to have different online modes where you can just troll and have fun with friends.

MAKE THIS GAME SERIOUS BUT HAVE SOME FUN MODES!

Pig Of The Hut

BDMao88

I agree w most of this

I wish they would bring back Hari Kiris, those were tight

The improvement from MKDC to MK9 IMO is uncanny so if historyrepeats itself w the same upgrade then mk10 will be very special

And yes no one wants close combat or the falling combat stuff, from day 1 I didn't like it and it shouldn't be adds or anything like it

One other note to keep in mind is the hard truth

3.5 million bought the game but probably 1000 attend tourneys and actually care about patches, adjustments and input bug

1000 people isn't NRS chief concern which sucks becaus their main focus is making content sexy enough for the 3 million people to buy it.

With that being said they've done a great job catering to the tournament players but it costs ass load of money for a patch or a fix that only less than 1% of their buyers care about

Actually 1000 out if 3.5 million is .30%

Try working for WB and getting that approved lol

BDMao88

I agree w most of this

I wish they would bring back Hari Kiris, those were tight

The improvement from MKDC to MK9 IMO is uncanny so if historyrepeats itself w the same upgrade then mk10 will be very special

And yes no one wants close combat or the falling combat stuff, from day 1 I didn't like it and it shouldn't be adds or anything like it

One other note to keep in mind is the hard truth

3.5 million bought the game but probably 1000 attend tourneys and actually care about patches, adjustments and input bug

1000 people isn't NRS chief concern which sucks becaus their main focus is making content sexy enough for the 3 million people to buy it.

With that being said they've done a great job catering to the tournament players but it costs ass load of money for a patch or a fix that only less than 1% of their buyers care about

Actually 1000 out if 3.5 million is .30%

Try working for WB and getting that approved lol
This game is 100 billion times better than Mk vs. Dc. I agree that nrs has done a magnificent job. But it isn't perfect.

Nrs is smart to listen to the people who play their game. So when you call someone out and point out that you feel they are not relevant, I call you condescending.

As for passive aggressive, I'm refering to you talking shit about people then spinning it into a joke or outright never referring to it again...maxter, pl, tom....

Dude you do a lot for this community. But you simultaneously alienate yourself and a select few from the rest of the community by making asshole comments and threads by calling out entire character communities, disrespecting people because of tournamennt placings, or simply because they differ on their opinion.

I don't care if you win every tournament from here on out. You aren't the only person who plays. We all have our opinions, gripes, and ideas.

In short, get over yourself.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Pig Of The Hut

Treadmill

The Maxter stuff/drama/hype was due to a trolling attempt/joke that got way outta hand mostly being my fault

The PL stuff is so ancient i can't comment on it. PL and I grown to be good friends who train and support each other and when we compete we fully respect each other

Tom is like my brother, we blow each other up all the time and have a lot fun doing so. At end of the we are laughing on phone about it

When I call out communities like raiden /kabal community I do it for hype and as straight up challenges.

Recently I called out the kabal community And it was in poor taste

To sum it up I basiclly said "if you MAIN kabal and haven't won a major then u have serious problems"

Shouldn't have said it but LBSH that character has no bad MUs and where as kenshi has a couple rely bad MUs he does have about 5-6 even MUs

Yea I was basically salty losing again to a character that completely removes all fundamentals of a meta-game but honestly as a Competitor I have to ignore that and stop the crying and overcome it.

Hope that helps explain some things a lil better

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Fix MK9's remaining bugs, include Reiko, Shinnok, Havik and Drahmin and give me the same game, I don't care. Just keep it alive

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Treadmill

The Maxter stuff/drama/hype was due to a trolling attempt/joke that got way outta hand mostly being my fault

The PL stuff is so ancient i can't comment on it. PL and I grown to be good friends who train and support each other and when we compete we fully respect each other

Tom is like my brother, we blow each other up all the time and have a lot fun doing so. At end of the we are laughing on phone about it

When I call out communities like raiden /kabal community I do it for hype and as straight up challenges.

Recently I called out the kabal community And it was in poor taste

To sum it up I basiclly said "if you MAIN kabal and haven't won a major then u have serious problems"

Shouldn't have said it but LBSH that character has no bad MUs and where as kenshi has a couple rely bad MUs he does have about 5-6 even MUs

Yea I was basically salty losing again to a character that completely removes all fundamentals of a meta-game but honestly as a Competitor I have to ignore that and stop the crying and overcome it.

Hope that helps explain some things a lil better
Treadmill

BOOOOOM :) *Yes I've been searching for 24 hours straight for the perfect comic strip...*

I feel like people just like to rattle people and be competitive like on the basketball court and such, but when you go to a tournament or hang out it's like "hey it's 5pm, works over and I'm not going to take this shit home."

I could be wrong, but that's just how I view things. I remember when I was thinking of going to MLG and I brought up my adapter pig offered or said someone there would be willing to share etc, so I don't think he is rotten to the core. Everyone is a dick, but it just depends on how big of one.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Boon's statement is really ambiguous, so there's no point getting bent out of shape yet. However, if the level of change is the same leap between, say, MK4 and MKDA, then this is a bad idea. There's no point learning from your mistakes if you're just going to scrap the artistic direction. Understanding your errors from painting a portrait is worthless if you're next project is sculpting.

As for innovating... why not innovate the game's signature element: the fatalities. I don't mean different finishers; they need to actually change the way fatalities are incorporated into gameplay. Killer Instinct innovated their finishers more in the space of two games than MK did in the course of their entire franchise. I thought KI2's idea of letting the player to combo into fatals was far more rewarding then memorizing fatality inputs.

At the end of the day, we can say "no fighting game is perfect," but the fact is that some fighting games are more perfect than others. If you constantly start over with new directions, you'll never master anything. There's definitely hope, though. You can innovate a game without changing the gameplay philosophy. Let's hope that's what Boon has in mind.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
There's no point learning from your mistakes if you're just going to scrap the artistic direction. Understanding your errors from painting a portrait is worthless if you're next project is sculpting.
That's a good argument, but I think that NRS will not drastically change the direction. Just look at Injustice, if you erease for a moment the stage interactions you would see a kind of similar mk9 game, and I talking of a game that is a complete different franchise.

As for innovating... why not innovate the game's signature element: the fatalities.
I couldn't agree more on this. And I not mean to discover again how to do the fatalities as in the old days, but to make them more interesting. For example meet more conditions, like hiting your adversary with all attack buttons during the fight, winning the match with an x-ray move, etc. Something like the babalities, that look more interesting to me. And I hope they change the music during the fatalities, and the voice that says: fatality! I like the MK1 snes fatalitites ambience sounds.

You can innovate a game without changing the gameplay philosophy. Let's hope that's what Boon has in mind.
I hope the gameplay stays true to mk9 style, but it is necessary to put more attetion to the special moves. I can't believe they include such moves like the subzeros ice puddle or the sindels levitation that are almost useless. And what they did to CSZ ice bombs are just unforgivable :mad: .

Flagg

Noob
So I guess this means MK 10 is going to be a remake of all the dreadful 3D games that came after MK 3?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You know for the people bitching over NRS's ideas, seriously I'd like to ask you. Can you make a better game? Oh wait...that's what I thought ;)

Looking forward to it, MK9 was epic and I still play it. I just hope they bring back Ermac, Scorpion and I can't picture an MK game without Sub-Zero or A Sub-Zero, it just wouldn't look right. Hopefully, the Elder Gods will resurrect him or Raiden or someone. And I look forward to seeing Fujin! You know he's going to be in it, Shinnok too I'm sure!

Treadmill

BOOOOOM :) *Yes I've been searching for 24 hours straight for the perfect comic strip...*

I feel like people just like to rattle people and be competitive like on the basketball court and such, but when you go to a tournament or hang out it's like "hey it's 5pm, works over and I'm not going to take this shit home."

I could be wrong, but that's just how I view things. I remember when I was thinking of going to MLG and I brought up my adapter pig offered or said someone there would be willing to share etc, so I don't think he is rotten to the core. Everyone is a dick, but it just depends on how big of one.
I agree. Like I said pig is always helping the community in various ways. He just rubs me the wrong way from time to time.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I agree. Like I said pig is always helping the community in various ways. He just rubs me the wrong way from time to time.

I know and I kind of feel bad not texting you this because I know you are a good man with strong morals and respect you most of all *now I feel like a creepy stalker...*