What's new

MK1 Tier List Discussion Thread

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I don’t need to win against you, that’s for sure. But you are making it personal. Come to Europe, let’s make it competitive. I suppose you wouldn’t consider 200ms intercontinental matches competitive. Correct?
Stop making excuses and just fucking play. Damn it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
For example, the guy that originally "challenged" me on a beef set was just toxic. No positive vibes at all. That matters.
Not sure why "" is there, because he did challenge you to run a set, because during the discussion you called him a bad player who was too bad and unknowledgeable to know what he was talking about. He responded to you saying that by telling you run a set and let's see if he's as bad and unknowledgeable as you say he is. Your response to that was "I have nothing to prove, now that he challenged me I'm the true winner, he's triggered and toxic" and you stuck to that response like 3 post in a row.

You have to see how that would appear to anyone other than you following along no?

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
I think you guys should probably consider some things about the site.

Being harassed just because of choosing not to play against someone is not only juvenile but bizarre behaviour. This goes beyond just doing beef for fun and stuff. Being bullied is not fun or funny and definitely not very welcoming.

Anyway, I’m not here to prove anything to anyone. I’m way too old for this nonsense. If all that is cool with you guys, then it is what it is I suppose and more power to you.

@CrimsonShadow @Mr Aquaman @RoboCop

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee

Being harassed just because of choosing not to play against someone is not only juvenile but bizarre behaviour. This goes beyond just doing beef for fun and stuff. Being bullied is not fun or funny and definitely not very welcoming.

Anyway, I’m not here to prove anything to anyone. I’m way too old for this nonsense. If all that is cool with you guys, then it is what it is I suppose and more power to you.

Why are you talking about other people's skill, then?

Genuine question.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

Oh nah, bruh really said

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Not sure why "" is there, because he did challenge you to run a set, because during the discussion you called him a bad player who was too bad and unknowledgeable to know what he was talking about. He responded to you saying that by telling you run a set and let's see if he's as bad and unknowledgeable as you say he is. Your response to that was "I have nothing to prove, now that he challenged me I'm the true winner, he's triggered and toxic" and you stuck to that response like 3 post in a row.

You have to see how that would appear to anyone other than you following along no?
How would appear to what exactly? Being quoted out of context? And about what? Who called out who first? How old are we? 10? I know I have a big mouth and sure you could call me a prick but I never bullied or harassed anyone. Go ahead and read the lore of this cringe story here https://testyourmight.com/threads/buffs.75182/page-2 Are you sure I wasn't called out first?

It's people like you that give this guy legitimacy. This attitude is equal to "I don't like what you're saying, so I'll mash your face up because big words make me angry". His arguments were dog shit and incoherent, he couldn't explain himself one bit. That's why he resulted in this moronic attempt to "call me out in a beef set", which is fine on its own if you don't take shit like that seriously but this guy was serious. He was unironically mad. Which is crazy and sad.

But what's even crazier and even more unhinged is some of you giving this moron and his stupid mentality a platform to get off. Some of you actually take this stuff seriously. Which is crazy. And, I get this is a competitive forum and competition should be welcomed but this is not it. The idea that a set, and therefore its outcome, is a valid form of invalidating someone's point of view is equal to people calling the earth flat. It's stupid, it's nonsensical, and it shouldn't be taken seriously.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
How would appear to what exactly? Being quoted out of context? And about what? Who called out who first? How old are we? 10? I know I have a big mouth and sure you could call me a prick but I never bullied or harassed anyone. Go ahead and read the lore of this cringe story here https://testyourmight.com/threads/buffs.75182/page-2 Are you sure I wasn't called out first?

It's people like you that give this guy legitimacy. This attitude is equal to "I don't like what you're saying, so I'll mash your face up because big words make me angry". His arguments were dog shit and incoherent, he couldn't explain himself one bit. That's why he resulted in this moronic attempt to "call me out in a beef set", which is fine on its own if you don't take shit like that seriously but this guy was serious. He was unironically mad. Which is crazy and sad.

But what's even crazier and even more unhinged is some of you giving this moron and his stupid mentality a platform to get off. Some of you actually take this stuff seriously. Which is crazy. And, I get this is a competitive forum and competition should be welcomed but this is not it. The idea that a set, and therefore its outcome, is a valid form of invalidating someone's point of view is equal to people calling the earth flat. It's stupid, it's nonsensical, and it shouldn't be taken seriously.
I read the lore thread, and its not looking good for you.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
I read the lore thread, and its not looking good for you.
Sure, to each their own. I wasn't trying to convince anyone to begin with but hey.

Might as well change the topic title to "riraf's trial: arrested for ducking by TYM's old sweaty farts". Quite fitting.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
Sure, to each their own. I wasn't trying to convince anyone to begin with but hey.

Might as well change the topic title to "riraf's trial: arrested for ducking by TYM's old sweaty farts". Quite fitting.
I wrestled in High School, I've Skateboarded my whole life, I'm into bodybuilding, I play basketball at my gym with a few guys(I'm not good or anything on this one tho lol), and I obviously play fighting games.

In every single one of those hobbies, if you talk shit about the activity to someone else, especially telling them they don't get the activity or are bad at it, it's pretty standard to challenge them to a competition.

In wrestling, we'd go 60 seconds. We'd play a game of Skate when on our wheelie boards. Game of 21 on the court. Beef Set here in the fgc.

And in this context, yeah, the person who wins is usually right and the loser can learn a few things. First, humility, second that the person you're talking to knows more than you thought. That should facilitate more respect in the future. Then, finally, you can learn from that person about the hobby or game.

Look at how @Vulgar and I were at each other's throats, but now get along pretty well.

This is 100% typical and healthy adult behavior. Your responses and interpretation of everything screams basement dweller.

I hope you decide to play any person from this site and get yo ass ate up like my gf going to tonight, but you won't. You posted selective footage of yourself and talk about yourself and your skill and knowledge of the game the way you do because you chase vanity. You want to be able to speak like an expert, but you have to earn that respect in any field, and you're refusing to.

I'm not gonna be rude or humorous with you anymore, you've been insulting to several people. Put up or shut up, man.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I know I have a big mouth and sure you could call me a prick but I never bullied or harassed anyone. Go ahead and read the lore of this cringe story here https://testyourmight.com/threads/buffs.75182/page-2
Sure. Especially since I read the entire exchange when it happened. Here is a summarized version of events of the actual beefing part since some of the posts are very long.

lmao come on. you can't accuse people of not understanding the character then go say some blatantly wrong shit like this. those are absolutely not zoning tools and she pretty obviously has a sharp design aka the exact opposite of jack of all trades
maybe focus on grinding to level up your game/understanding of the character before asking for every buff imaginable and trying to regulate on other more informed people because it's just a bad look.
You were having a debate with someone else who disagreed with you in a character thread, and he chimed in saying you're asking for outrageous buffs while saying people didn't know what they are talking about, and maybe you need to understand the character better before asking for outrageous buffs because he also disagreed with you. This is the first time you were quoted by him.

Wtf does that even mean? If you're so confident calling me out like that, at least show the absolute minimum effort to make sense. Because all you're saying is an incoherent rant.

Please F off with the talk down. You said literally nothing in all your post.
Your response is that if he's so confident he should at least know what he's talking about because he makes no sense, and to kick rocks because nothing he said was of value. This is your first reply to him.

just calling it like i see it. it's generally a bad look to call out people for being uninformed when saying some crazy shit that not only no one else agrees with, but also just sounds like some bullshit. there was a lot of talking down to other people but i'm pretty sure i don't see any good players asking for air db4 to be safe or mid projectile. if you're really that confident though tag me in the beef thread and we can settle it like real gamers.
After a very lengthy explanation of the character, he closes the post with this final paragraph where he tells you it's a bad idea to call multiple people uninformed while asking for crazy buffs and talking down to people, but, if you really are as confident in the character as you say you are, playing him in the game would show you know how to play the character more than what he thinks. This was the first challenge, and even is somewhat playful with the "settle it like real gamers" comment at the end where you would have likely played, learned a couple of things from each other, and dissolved the argument.

2. F3 is NOT an "okie-doke or cheesy way to get in" and you're a bad player for saying that. That's just shows me you don't understand the move.
If you're using it after a jump/jump kick and your opponent is not killing you, this means you're playing against below average players. Plain and simple.
That's it. No more, no less. If you're playing against below average players, then of course you can use it in all sort of different ways since you're not getting punished for it.
So, here, this is by far the point of no return. Here, on 3 separate occasions, you either outright call him a bad player, or openly state he only is saying what he says because he's playing against bad players. You even add "Plain and simple" and "No more, no less" to emphasize it.

At this point, you have triple-downed in saying that he is only making his statements on the character because he is bad at the game.

wasn't even gonna bother responding until i read this part

lololol to the beef thread i go. can't wait to see you play.
Here he states he wasn't even going to respond again until he saw you were saying how bad he had to be at the game to be making the statements. Now he feels insulted, due to being called a bad player 3 separate times, and does not want to talk anymore as he wants to run the set against the person saying he is a bad player to see if you can back up calling him bad multiple times.

Of course you're not going to respond, because you have nothing to say. I've made my point, and I rest my case.

Don't forget to take these nuts with you, wherever you're going ;):laughing:
Your response is that he has nothing else to say, so you have now won the argument, and make sure he takes Deez nuts with him.

-- The End --

As an outside observer, this was fairly easy to follow, and quite, interesting. This should be a moment of self reflection for you to see how this exchange actually went down. However it appears you have truly mastered the Incredulity Fallacy, so I do not have high hopes.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee

So why did you bring player skill into it if you're not willing to demonstrate your superior skill to the person you're calling, "bad at the game?"

It's a simple question.

Trini_Bwoi

Warrior

Stop tryna make organizing a fight in a fighting game on a fighting game forum about a fighting game knowledge disagreement seem weird lmao.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
As an outside observer, this was fairly easy to follow, and quite, interesting. This should be a moment of self reflection for you to see how this exchange actually went down. However it appears you have truly mastered the Incredulity Fallacy, so I do not have high hopes.
From what I gather from reading everyone's replies here is you followed the lore thread and decided my arguments were wrong, hence siding with the other person. I can respect that. I don't know were I was wrong in my character breakdown, but surely I must be wrong at some of my points.

If anyone of you feels like answering to me here https://testyourmight.com/threads/buffs.75182/page-2 or privately with some points as to were and why I was wrong, I would appreciate it.

Edit: Any Li Mei mains reading this and feel like chiming in the Li Mei section above or in the Li Mei general, would be very much welcomed.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
From what I gather from reading everyone's replies here is you followed the lore thread and decided my arguments were wrong, hence siding with the other person. I can respect that. I don't know were I was wrong in my character breakdown, but surely I must be wrong at some of my points.
No, people are "siding with the other person" because you are calling out / insulting someone else on their ability to play the game and then are refusing to back up your trash talk with actions.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
No, people are "siding with the other person" because you are calling out / insulting someone else on their ability to play the game and then are refusing to back up your trash talk with actions.
If that's the case, I truly don't care. I'm on TYM primarily to discuss MK and gain knowledge, not to prove how good I am as a player. If I truly cared about that, I would be attending tournaments.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

If anyone of you feels like answering to me here https://testyourmight.com/threads/buffs.75182/page-2 or privately with some points as to were and why I was wrong, I would appreciate it.

Edit: Any Li Mei mains reading this and feel like chiming in the Li Mei section above or in the Li Mei general, would be very much welcomed.
No, I had no opinion either way until you told someone multiple times that they were wrong because they were a bad player. Once that happens, that person has every right to challenge you to matches to back up your claim that they are bad at the game.

To me, and many others, all points of discussion are gone out the window when you call someone trash. There's a big difference between "you don't know what you're talking about" and "you suck at the game that's why you're saying that". When that happens only two things can resolve it.

1) You play that person and back up your claim that they are bad at the game, and your claim that they are not knowledgeable because they are a bad player playing against bad players.

2) You apologize for calling someone a bad player who plays against bad opponents as you don't mean to offend someone's skill, but that these are your opinions on the character.

Considering that you did not do either of these options, and instead chose to call someone wrong because they are bad 3 separate times, I would have no choice other than to think you're in the wrong.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
2) You apologize for calling someone a bad player who plays against bad opponents as you don't mean to offend someone's skill, but that these are your opinions on the character.
Man, you're saying that like he didn't come at me first with no intention of discussing anything. Just plain, "nope, you're wrong and you should follow more knowledgeable players and try leveling up before talking" all in his first message.

Pff, whatever man.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Man, you're saying that like he didn't come at me first with no intention of discussing anything. Just plain, "nope, you're wrong and you should follow more knowledgeable players and try leveling up before talking" all in his first message.

Pff, whatever man.
You both were saying the other is clueless and have no idea what the other is talking about. That's fine, we all do that, I do that too.

But you didn't just say "you suck at the game". You said "you're wrong BECAUSE you're bad at the game". This is the differentiation you fail to grasp. Anyone's response is easily going to be "if I'm wrong because I'm so bad at the game, prove it". In any competitive environment that ever existed, the response for someone saying you're wrong because you're bad has always been "fight me" or "prove it" and rightfully so. If he said "Rifraf is bad at the game that's why he's so wrong" I'd be giving him the exact same energy.

You both were saying the other is clueless and have no idea what the other is talking about. That's fine, we all do that, I do that too.

But you didn't just say "you suck at the game". You said "you're wrong BECAUSE you're bad at the game". This is the differentiation you fail to grasp. Anyone's response is easily going to be "if I'm wrong because I'm so bad at the game, prove it". In any competitive environment that ever existed, the response for someone saying you're wrong because you're bad has always been "fight me" or "prove it" and rightfully so. If he said "Rifraf is bad at the game that's why he's so wrong" I'd be giving him the exact same energy.
BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!