What's new

MK1 Tier List Discussion Thread

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Saying Sindel is playing mk1 while Kenshi is playing mkx is a really good point if you ignore the existence of Sindel's hard to blockable vortex.
Oh I'm aware of it but is it really comparable to the extent of what sento is doing? Personally, I don't think so.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Oh I'm aware of it but is it really comparable to the extent of what sento is doing? Personally, I don't think so.
Considering her dirt comes with none of the major weaknesses and awful matchups that Kenshi's does, yes. It is absolutely comparable.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm surprised this hasn't received more flak. There's so much wrong I don't know where to start, but the obvious ones are Nitara and Scorp being criminally low, Kenshi too high, Sindel too low.

I'm guessing there are likely even crazier takes hidden in this list, obscured only because it isn't ordered.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I'm surprised this hasn't received more flak. There's so much wrong I don't know where to start, but the obvious ones are Nitara and Scorp being criminally low, Kenshi too high, Sindel too low.

I'm guessing there are likely even crazier takes hidden in this list, obscured only because it isn't ordered.
He backed out of a beef set that was ABOUT a gameplay argument. This is the "Ass at the Game" Tier List

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
He backed out of a beef set that was ABOUT a gameplay argument. This is the "Ass at the Game" Tier List
Ok. You may think this is funny somehow but you're just being an asshole for no reason at all. Kindly back off.

Besides, if you actually wanted to see me play there's footage.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
You can find it in Li Mei's match footage thread.
So, three games against random scrubs is supposed to, what exactly? Play someone from here. Someone good. Play me or @Vulgar , theyve challenged you and I'm challenging you now.

I don't want to be an asshole, but you come across like you think you're really good or knowledgeable and I wanna see for myself.

And "there's footage if you wanna see me play," leading to one video of you playing against reeeeally bad players is wild, bro. Like, please, my guy.

But I'll back off ya, I don't mean any harm. I just want people from here playing the game together.

Trini_Bwoi

Warrior
I'm all for Kenshi being S tier, any other HTB or mixup in the game if you guess wrong you get some breathing room...Kenshi makes you guess like 10 times and if you guess wrong he can refresh Sento and you're right back in the shit. And it's very easy for Kenshi to get Sento out, on block with Stryker or on throw with Mavado.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
But I'll back off ya, I don't mean any harm. I just want people from here playing the game together.
This is the antithesis of the rest of what you said in your post.

Idk how I come across, I NEVER claimed I'm a really good player the opposite actually. I do however gathered knowledge while playing MK1 for the simple reason I played a LOT of it. Hundreds of hours.

I think you're going the wrong way in some things. For example, the guy that originally "challenged" me on a beef set was just toxic. No positive vibes at all. That matters. Why should I or anyone feel obligated to any rando, no matter how malicious they may be in a beef set? Not everyone wants to just play. If you don't understand that, then you're either naive or a fool.

Also, you're trying to legitimise your beef thread by taking this opportunity to call me out when in fact it's all a narrative you build in that thread. All drama, no substance.

Look, if you think I'm a shit player and I'm playing against shit players in ranked, so be it. I truly don't care, that's fine. Feel free to ignore my opinions from now on if you have to. But please, spare me the drama.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I'm all for Kenshi being S tier, any other HTB or mixup in the game if you guess wrong you get some breathing room...Kenshi makes you guess like 10 times and if you guess wrong he can refresh Sento and you're right back in the shit. And it's very easy for Kenshi to get Sento out, on block with Stryker or on throw with Mavado.
the mix is good but it doesn't change the fact that he gets walled out in neutral by a large chunk of the roster and there's plenty of characters that have tools to get out of the mix reliably. there are just way more complete characters that don't have the glaring weaknesses that kenshi. Kenshi is still good but in this meta you can't solo kenshi because of all his bad matchups while the real s tier characters in the game are much more consistent

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
This is the antithesis of the rest of what you said in your post.

Idk how I come across, I NEVER claimed I'm a really good player the opposite actually. I do however gathered knowledge while playing MK1 for the simple reason I played a LOT of it. Hundreds of hours.

I think you're going the wrong way in some things. For example, the guy that originally "challenged" me on a beef set was just toxic. No positive vibes at all. That matters. Why should I or anyone feel obligated to any rando, no matter how malicious they may be in a beef set? Not everyone wants to just play. If you don't understand that, then you're either naive or a fool.

Also, you're trying to legitimise your beef thread by taking this opportunity to call me out when in fact it's all a narrative you build in that thread. All drama, no substance.

Look, if you think I'm a shit player and I'm playing against shit players in ranked, so be it. I truly don't care, that's fine. Feel free to ignore my opinions from now on if you have to. But please, spare me the drama.
Legitimise my thread? A narrative?

Buddy, you've lost the plot. I won't respond to you again. I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings or whatever.

For what it's worth, I do think you're a shit player. I also think you're comically literal and are taking a lot of meaning from a little online horseplay.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Meh, there’s been a lot of changes recently. Plus, people’s opinions on the tier list seem to change week to week. Aside from all that, honestly, tier lists are 100% subjective anyway. If you just post a tier list with no explanations at all, to me you don’t really want a discussion about it. And to be clear,
I’ve posted tier lists without any explanations plenty of times. And I wouldn’t mind if someone viewed it the same way when I have done it.

To put it in another way, I’m just not taking the bait

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
taking a lot of meaning from a little online horseplay.
You didn't hurt my feelings, you're just trying to be an asshole for no reason at all. This is not the "beef thread", yet you brought it with you.

Honestly, you seem to not get some social aspects of what's fun or funny and what's being an ass. The beef thread has value and can be cool, but you lack the social nuance to make it work.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
So, three games against random scrubs is supposed to, what exactly? Play someone from here. Someone good. Play me or @Vulgar , theyve challenged you and I'm challenging you now.

I don't want to be an asshole, but you come across like you think you're really good or knowledgeable and I wanna see for myself.

And "there's footage if you wanna see me play," leading to one video of you playing against reeeeally bad players is wild, bro. Like, please, my guy.

I'll play him for sure. Idgaf. These hands are rated E for Everyone

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
I think you're going the wrong way in some things. For example, the guy that originally "challenged" me on a beef set was just toxic. No positive vibes at all. That matters. Why should I or anyone feel obligated to any rando, no matter how malicious they may be in a beef set?
@ me if you're gonna talk about me dawg. for the record, most people would consider it toxic to go around calling people bad just for disagreeing with your (wrong) opinions, which is what you did. so if you think about, i was just returning the toxicity you were spreading out. but after seeing the handpicked, selectively edited games you posted (game 2 round 1 missing, first hit of game 3 round 1 missing) i can see why you didn't want to play because you'd probably get mopped by this rando.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
for the record, most people would consider it toxic to go around calling people bad just for disagreeing with your (wrong) opinions, which is what you did
By people you mean you. I didn’t call anyone else bad. If you find everyone that disagrees with your (wrong) opinions toxic, that’s a you problem. But once again you showcase the reason I didn’t want to engage with you in the first place. You don’t want to have fun, you’re full of malice. So yeah, you can hold that.

Also, selective or not. These are my ranked matches and it’s enough to give an idea of how someone plays. So there’s that and it’s end of story. Besides, It’s more than what have you showed us anyway. A big whoop of nothing.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
So you called him bad and wrong, he challenged you to a set, you duck - then you try and imply that he's hiding his own gameplay, or not willing to put himself out there? LMAO
Are you serious right now? Am I obligated to play anyone to prove my point? My opinion requires a beef set to be valid or in this case not ridiculed in TYM? I can’t.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Just a side note. Although I do appreciate all the unexpected attention I assure you I’m not that interesting and I’m sure most people would probably prefer if we stayed on topic.

The “you don’t play me therefor you’re bad” attitude is rather juvenile.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Are you serious right now? Am I obligated to play anyone to prove my point? My opinion requires a beef set to be valid or in this case not ridiculed in TYM? I can’t.
You can do what you want, and I agree its probably better to stay on topic, but you can't call the guy out for not showing any of his own gameplay after ducking his challenge - you must realize how backwards that is.

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
By people you mean you. I didn’t call anyone else bad. If you find everyone that disagrees with your (wrong) opinions toxic, that’s a you problem. But once again you showcase the reason I didn’t want to engage with you in the first place. You don’t want to have fun, you’re full of malice. So yeah, you can hold that.

Also, selective or not. These are my ranked matches and it’s enough to give an idea of how someone plays. So there’s that and it’s end of story. Besides, It’s more than what have you showed us anyway. A big whoop of nothing.
i wasn't involved until i read shit like:
Absolutely, and that's fine. You're still wrong btw and probably don't understand the character or the discussion here very well, but it is what it is I suppose. lol
I've read your post and with all due respect, I don't think your understanding of the character goes very deep. I'm not sure why you're so insistent on trying to be an expert when clearly you're not understanding the character which people have already told you more than once, but I digress.
However, you're hopelessly trying to engage in a discussion you clearly don't understand or lack knowledge. Which is fine, but if you want to gain knowledge you need to start asking questions instead of trying giving answers.

If you're having trouble against Li Mei and you don't like fighting against her that's also fine. Just say that. Don't start with the "experts" talk of why you think the character should be this or that because you played her for a bit during the Beta like a year ago :laughing:

In my post, either you agree or not, I gave reasons and examples of why I'd like to see the things I've mentioned. And the funny thing is, the move you're crying over it doesn't even matter much compared to the other suggestions :laughing:
I'm no expert either, but you're just embarrassing yourself at this point. I have been playing Li Mei since launch. I have thousands of matches with her. Not that it says much, but you asked so there you go.
which if you're not trying to be toxic, fine but this would definitely fall under "condescending prick" territory which like i said is a bad look if you're wrong about the shit you're trying to be condescending about, which you are. it's also a bad look to call people bad and then not be willing to prove anything, which you are. like in the core-a gaming villains vid, if you keep trash talking and don't ever win, you become a clown, which you are. but anyway enjoy people ripping your for-scrubs, made-by-a-scrub tier list.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
you must realize how backwards that
By playing what would prove exactly? If I won that would mean my point is correct and he’s wrong? By paying better I would automatically have the better logic and winning argument? Is that what you think?

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
i wasn't involved until i read shit like:

which if you're not trying to be toxic, fine but this would definitely fall under "condescending prick" territory which like i said is a bad look if you're wrong about the shit you're trying to be condescending about, which you are. it's also a bad look to call people bad and then not be willing to prove anything, which you are. like in the core-a gaming villains vid, if you keep trash talking and don't ever win, you become a clown, which you are. but anyway enjoy people ripping your for-scrubs, made-by-a-scrub tier list.
I don’t need to win against you, that’s for sure. But you are making it personal. Come to Europe, let’s make it competitive. I suppose you wouldn’t consider 200ms intercontinental matches competitive. Correct?