What's new

Match-up Discussion MIT's reptile MU chart

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
good breakdown, the main thing that made me change it was jax can't do f4,1,3 pressure, and if he attempts i can punish the whiffed one for a full 30 percent combo. Also I can trade off with his energy wave and avoid ground pounds by doing a d4, since doing a d4 makes it whiff always. But I will be going to scr and tyrant will be there, i'd like to here his thoughts on the mu, in fact EGP_TYRANT, i'll tag him in now.
In all honesty, I'd be content with 6-4 Reptile or 5-5. This is a MU that heavily relies on players and is very subjective. All about reads.

Hell, if Jax can't do F413 pressure, then 5-5 is hard to set in stone. Didn't take into consideration D4 as well. Thanks for the input!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i played agianst a jax that used that wave projectile in their f4 pressure, whats up with that?

i belive jax mu to be 5-5... at evo cd jr said it was heavily in jax's favor but i dont think so
cdjr knows that mu isn't heavily jax favor, he can't do f4 pressure, full combo for me if he attempts. That leaves jax doing f4 energy wave and other things that aren't as effective.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Very good list MIT created but I can see Cage, Sonya, Freddy, Cyrax, Kung Lao being absolutely terrible for Reptile lol 4-6 and 3-7 bad

Question about Liu Kang though, how does Reptile do against him since he can instant fireball zone Reptile from full screen and he has very fast normals to space out and whiff punish bait Reptile into juggles leading to the corner like Cage and Sonya does?

Very good list MIT created but I can see Cage, Sonya, Freddy, Cyrax, Kung Lao being absolutely terrible for Reptile lol 4-6 and 3-7 bad

Question about Liu Kang though, how does Reptile do against him since he can instant fireball zone Reptile from full screen and he has very fast normals to space out and whiff punish bait Reptile into juggles leading to the corner like Cage and Sonya does?
hmm, its a rough match, he shuts down reptile's zoning and forces him to come in, but it's manageable with the correct reads and spacing. As far as lao and freddy go, both aren't bad at all, especially reddy, but when i get a chance to play m2dave then i'll settle what that mu is. Lao i'm very experienced vs and usually win, or lose in a close fight. Sonya and cage are definitely tough, sonya might be a 7 3 tho, that mu is dumb haha. Cyrax i'll keep at 6 4.

I seriously dnt get this reptile losing to freddy nonsense lmao, chris g almost beat m2dave at evo with his reptile and he is a good player of course, but just recently seriously got back into mk9.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
uh blow up my sektor? uh right nvr that lmao, bodied all your characters for free. You no where near my lvl, so stop it now, dnt get cocky like a drunk ass or you'll get dat ass blown up. You really think I can't sweep you in a set? right swept you up plenty of times and will continue to do. I could go random select and get multiple wins on you, please dnt start. Also i always knew how to punish F4 LMAO, pls dnt be making up bs bcuz i dnt want to hear. Also last time you played a set vs Flawed, he told me not only did he body you, but he babied yo ass lmao, so get on my lvl, bcuz you no where near it. You must have forgot who i train with at home and who i discuss stuff with on this site and in chats, what you need to do is go to SCR talkin all that noise so i can shut that crap down. How many times did i beat you? dnt even have a number, i'd be playing around and beat ya, so you know if i'm serious, you going to be in some real trouble.
Dude, Dab was there watching the Sektor match. Lets be serious here, I've bodied your reptile with cage... your smoke with cage... your kit with Mileena. Get outta here dude. You got a big mouth lol, every time I turn around your beefin' with somebody else, it's ridiculous.

I'm done talking, I'm not gonna acknowledge anything you say unless you're trying to play me.

Edit: The first time I met you and we had a tournament... didn't you lose? Sweet jesus

Axel_Redd

you know me, push my buttons and i'll blow you ass up, been doing it since anaheim and haven't stopped yet. #West Coast Hype Man and i dnt give a **** about trash talk, i'm fine with responding to it.
LETS GET READY TO RRRRRRUMBLLLEEEEEE!!!!!

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Uh i wouldn't care what you say actually haha, no one beats me in trash talk on this site, there's a reason for that...... i dnt stand down to anyone, and i'm always prepared to blow someone up if they get out of line. Nah i give the game a good name, if you payed attention you'd know why. Ppl come to me alot to discuss things or to ask for help, and i nvr have an issue doing that. Ppl have told me that my tips helped them out, so shut that crap down, i'm a contributor to this community. Also i go to majors/ locals, so always involved, i'm involved on streams and sometimes podcasts. Pls say what is on your mind, bcuz i'll just proceed to keep talking about your ass. You already know you aren't better than me, dnt get exposed and bodied. You dnt come to the vegas sessions, so i already know you aren't even remotely prepared, also where have you been when we have sessions? exactly. Dnt talk trash or say anything unwise if you dnt want any trash talk from my end, you see i wasn't trash talking anyone else, they didn't cross the line.
Agreed.

Also, methinks that Kang is a solid 5-5 MU, but then again, I am an online dash warrior. ;_;

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
it's 6 4, but reptile can definitely manage, i'll get my bro in here to explain the mu and the cage mu if necessary eventually.
Honestly, 5-5 or 6-4, it doesn't matter haha. I'm never scared of a character, I'm more worried about the player behind the character, you know?

I do like talking MU's though, it brings quite a lot of drama.

Axel_Redd

Honestly, 5-5 or 6-4, it doesn't matter haha. I'm never scared of a character, I'm more worried about the player behind the character, you know?

how come reptile in ur sig got dem derpy eyes o-0

understand fully, it is the player that matters in the end, 16 bit is a great kit player, that's why he was able to give pig a great match at FF. There's no way i would have beat detroit at evo if i wasn't good with the whole cast myself, even though i know that was a big risk by me haha, payed off though.

No need to argue bruh Im sure you got your point across. You're well accomplished.. We get it. But nobody gains anything from this..

But with that said explain the pros and cons of Rep vs Jade. I still feel its 6-4
I already explained my reason for having lao rep 5-5, but he just comes in and says "oh you dnt know about his tele shenanigans and etc." so i'm like " uh yeah i do". Also listing players/ laos i have played shows that i have played high lvl laos, just to prove i know what i'm talking about. I only mentioned the tourny results/players i've played bcuz he thinks he can beat me..... anyways STB Espio could handle the jade rep mu for you since he already has it rdy to go.

Espio

Kokomo
No need to argue bruh Im sure you got your point across. You're well accomplished.. We get it. But nobody gains anything from this..

But with that said explain the pros and cons of Rep vs Jade. I still feel its 6-4

I'm not saying I'm right or not, but this is my analysis.

Jade can't punish dash for relevant/major damage.

Hard to pressure Reptile due to his down 4's great range, making it easier to poke her out of a lot of her high hitting offensive tools/strings (while Jade isn't a pressure character, this still forces her to be riskier to get damage and chip/meter).

She can't space him out well at all due to dash, which is a big part of her footsies in my opinion is the ability to space people out and outrange characters, but her ranged stuff is quite slow. He can annoy her really bad with dash and he takes more risks with dash because of the mediocre damage.

Zoning is out of the question with rangs, those get jumped and she eats a full combo easily due to them being so slow and his dash's ability to get in and cross up/jump in so well.

The only thing that is really a big asset she has is flash and ex glow that allows her to full combo punish Reptile's dash, but that requires meter and an excellent read, since elbow dash is 6 frames.

Regular flash is good for dealing with forceball pressure, but forceball set ups are not made irrelevent by flash entirely. Her pokes and ranged stuff can still be used, but it's harder to get it going.

He punishes everything with dash pretty easily too, especially her back 2 and up 3, even if spaced well from what I can tell.

SLy

Noob
I'm not saying I'm right or not, but this is my analysis.
Jade can't punish dash for relevant/major damage.
Hard to pressure Reptile due to his down 4's great range, making it easier to poke her out of a lot of her high hitting offensive tools/strings (while Jade isn't a pressure character, this still forces her to be riskier to get damage and chip/meter).
She can't space him out well at all due to dash, which is a big part of her footsies in my opinion is the ability to space people out and outrange characters, but her ranged stuff is quite slow. He can annoy her really bad with dash and he takes more risks with dash because of the mediocre damage.
Zoning is out of the question with rangs, those get jumped and she eats a full combo easily due to them being so slow and his dash's ability to get in and cross up/jump in so well.
The only thing that is really a big asset she has is flash and ex glow that allows her to full combo punish Reptile's dash, but that requires meter and an excellent read, since elbow dash is 6 frames.
Regular flash is good for dealing with forceball pressure, but forceball set ups are not made irrelevent by flash entirely. Her pokes and ranged stuff can still be used, but it's harder to get it going.
He punishes everything with dash pretty easily too, especially her back 2 and up 3, even if spaced well from what I can tell.
Fair enough.. I can agree with this