What's new

Match-up Discussion MIT's reptile MU chart

Alright yall, i dnt believe i've made a reptile chart and some have asked me to post mines, so here it goes:

Scorpion: 6-4
Sub Zero: 5-5
Ermac: 6-4
Noob: 6-4
Smoke: 5-5
Rain: 6-4
Mileena: 5-5
Kitana: 6-4
Jade: 7-3
Skarlet: 5-5
Sektor: 5-5
Cyrax: 4-6
Cyber Sub: 6-4
Kenshi: 6-4
Freddy: 5-5
Sindel: 7-3
Sonya: 3-7
Jax: 6-4
Cage: 4-6
Stryker: 7-3
Liu Kang: 4-6
Kung Lao: 4-6
Kano: 7-3
Nightwolf: 6-4
Kabal: 4-6
Baraka: 7-3
Shang Tsung: 6-4
Quan: 6-4
Raiden: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
only 4-6 for rep vs sonya? idk man..sonya beats him pretty bad. definitely his worse

and bro..we gotta play dude. make me a believer in the kitana mu lol

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
What's the reason for 5-5 against Freddy? I thought most people have Reptile losing. I don't have much experience against Freddy so the few times I fought him I got my ass handed to me.

I still also think Mileena beats Reptile 6-4.

Agree with Liu Kang and Cage having advantage over Reptile, although I can see why people would have Kang at 5-5.

I personally have lots of trouble against Kung Lao but I understand why people have that at 5-5.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I could swear your avatar was just Kenshi, and now it's Reptile, man you would probably beast with Kenshi lol

Nice chart, agree with the kitty number :)

only 4-6 for rep vs sonya? idk man..sonya beats him pretty bad. definitely his worse

and bro..we gotta play dude. make me a believer in the kitana mu lol
haha yep we got to play kit vs rep, i can't believe i wasn't punishing air dashes before haha, now i know how to punish them and i'm good with that now. As for sonya, i played that matchup with showtime a little and played king's sonya at evo, lost of course haha, but not badly like some think i'd lose vs sonya with reptile. I believe the biggest thing that keeps reptile from getting wrecked and losing worse is he has a d4 that is just as useful as her, that allows him to actually be able to deal with her d4, which is her best footsies tool hands down. Up close of course she does work on him like she does everyone else, but reptile can play footsies with her. Now i won't say it can't be worse bcuz she can armor cartwheel to interrupt his ex dash lmao, so i'll need to look into more and play sonya more than i'll change it if necessary, but i won't lie, that hoe is difficult haha.

This is a great chart MITDJT . Could you tell us about the Freddy match some?
CitizenSnips, vs freddy, i believe these things are what makes it even or even close to reptile favor:
*if you block ground claw, you are automatically able to dash in and close the distance, and if he does it too close, you can punish it bcuz it is -13
*you can punish his tele as well with a dash/ chase him down when he teles so he doesn't get any distance on you
*Freddy doesn't have fast normals neither, so reptile won't have to worry about that and his only armor move is the booger, which can be avoided bcuz it only aims at one spot
*Reptile shouldn't even have to jump unless he makes a read a freddy will do a projectile at the wrong time, you can duck under all his projectiles and if he ever does a ground claw, that's a free dash in to close the distance
I haven't got the chance to play m2dave yet, but every other freddy i have encountered in tournament, i have defeated, so i'll add some more on this mu when i get a chance.

I could swear your avatar was just Kenshi, and now it's Reptile, man you would probably beast with Kenshi lol

Nice chart, agree with the kitty number :)
i actually am picking kenshi up and i'm doing well with him, and thanks, i was going with the kenshi avatar, but i be repping the reptilian haha.

What's the reason for 5-5 against Freddy? I thought most people have Reptile losing. I don't have much experience against Freddy so the few times I fought him I got my ass handed to me.

I still also think Mileena beats Reptile 6-4.

Agree with Liu Kang and Cage having advantage over Reptile, although I can see why people would have Kang at 5-5.

I personally have lots of trouble against Kung Lao but I understand why people have that at 5-5.
as for mil, and I played pig in this mu and made him a believer of it being 5-5 so here's some good things to know vs her:
*You have to have meter to get a full punish on her ex tele, i use standing 1 to ex orb and go on from there to get like 25 to 30 percent dmg
*dnt even bother throwing projectiles, she can easily tele on them, but a few times, you can sneak in an ex orb and some acid spits
*Reptile's d4 is basically the same as her, utilize this in the footsies game
*She has no armor, so you can get some rushdown in on her, but if you notice that she is wakeup happy, just wait and punish
*Also you need meter to fully punish her normal tele as well if i'm correct
*If you notice alot of cross ups from her, njp her so you can punish it for a full combo.
*Always respect the U4 frame trap, but if she tries to do double U4s, hit her ass out of it
*When you get a lead, she has to come in and start throwing teles and stuff out, so that's where you take advantage of her and use his swift walk back speed.

MITDJT tell me why it's 6-4 Kitana....I want to know because I personally dislike this MU and need to learn it and stuff
for kitana, this is why i got reptile 6 4 over her:
*Forceball, she has to respect it and it keeps her from zoning at will like she can on some characters
*D4, beats out f2 one and can punish d1 as well, has great reach and goes under her standing 2
*Dash, punishes d1, and to beat her air dash, you just wait for it to come out then dash twice to catch it and punish it
*Acid spit, wins the trade off with ground fans and knocks her out the air
*Walk back speed of reptile, allows him to get a lead and force her to come in, makes it easier for him to zone her and if she does a f2,1 while he is walking back, full whiff punish combo.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
for kitana, this is why i got reptile 6 4 over her:
*Forceball, she has to respect it and it keeps her from zoning at will like she can on some characters
*D4, beats out f2 one and can punish d1 as well, has great reach and goes under her standing 2
*Dash, punishes d1, and to beat her air dash, you just wait for it to come out then dash twice to catch it and punish it
*Acid spit, wins the trade off with ground fans and knocks her out the air
*Walk back speed of reptile, allows him to get a lead and force her to come in, makes it easier for him to zone her and if she does a f2,1 while he is walking back, full whiff punish combo.
Yeah I kinda knew that, but what do you as a reptile player worry about when facing kitana?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
she can armor cartwheel to interrupt his ex dash
She can actually divekick it. No meter investment. EX dash is exceedingly risky, but it can pay off and give you room for EX forceballs, while remaining at advantage if Sonya doesn't expect it.

This matchup is annoying. I'm not sure if it's 4-6 or 3-7 yet again, but it's really annoying. Getting forceballs on screen can be a pain at times, but when you get one on screen, it's easier. You can contend with Sonya's d4 with your own, but divekick is divekick lol.

As far as CSZ, Reptile gets divekicked if he tries to forceball from far away enough, but it's possible to react wrong and run into an EX forceball. EX parry is a perfect answer to EX dash, and can't parry interrupt any string to acid hand? I haven't seen it done before, but since there is no EX move being done, I'd imagine it's legitimately possible.

Yeah I kinda knew that, but what do you as a reptile player worry about when facing kitana?
ah okay, let's list that then:
*A jump in from her when he times a projectile improperly equals 50 percent dmg combo
* Her fan can beat out his forceball before he even gets it out sometimes haha
*Her d1 has great reach and he can only punish it with a dash
*Her deep jik to fan beats out his d4 and leads to a full combo
*She punishes a dash hard, so when you notice that they are trying to dash in to close the distance, that's when you dash block and blow up the dash
*When she gets a lead, she forces him to come in, and she can take advantage of that, especially since she is great in air to air combat.

She can actually divekick it. No meter investment. EX dash is exceedingly risky, but it can pay off and give you room for EX forceballs, while remaining at advantage if Sonya doesn't expect it.

This matchup is annoying. I'm not sure if it's 4-6 or 3-7 yet again, but it's really annoying. Getting forceballs on screen can be a pain at times, but when you get one on screen, it's easier. You can contend with Sonya's d4 with your own, but divekick is divekick lol.
lol i learned the hard way at evo that divekick is divekick haha, lost in pools to king's sonya with reptile, i had the nerve to try and standing 1 her divekick........ big mistake, my bro has really been lvling up his sonya and man he's good with her, i'm going to play him in that mu and then i'll decide what it should be, i'll play showtime some more too if i get a chance, and possibly riu if we are at the same tournament.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
ah okay, let's list that then:
*A jump in from her when he times a projectile improperly equals 50 percent dmg combo
* Her fan can beat out his forceball before he even gets it out sometimes haha
*Her d1 has great reach and he can only punish it with a dash
*Her deep jik to fan beats out his d4 and leads to a full combo
*She punishes a dash hard, so when you notice that they are trying to dash in to close the distance, that's when you dash block and blow up the dash
*When she gets a lead, she forces him to come in, and she can take advantage of that, especially since she is great in air to air combat.
Light at the end of a tunnel! I feel better haha

MITDJT i disagree with the Reptile CSZ matchup. Whats your reasoning for it being in reptiles favor?
well this is why i believe he beats him:
*Parry i believe can be used on his ex dash, but besides that, i can d4 it every time to blow it up and proceed to pressure him
*Unless you do a divekick at a very low distance, reptile's dash can punish it easily
*He can divekick over forceballs, but has to be careful bcuz ex slow orb will cause him to divekick into it
*Reptile can also njp divekicks for a full combo
*In the footsies game, Reptile's d4 will be an issue, i've noticed that when cyber subs get annoyed by it, they'll try and jump and divekick, so reptile can njp it and punish for a full combo
*Cyber sub doesn't have fast standing normals like reptile and his pokes are rather bad besides his d3 being 6 frames, but it's super stubby and doesn't have the same reach as his d4.
I'd like to hear why you got it 5-5 tho, enlighten me.

please do I have trouble vs Lao.
alright here i go:
*As far as projectiles go, mostly they aren't recommened, but you can pull of an ex forceball sometimes bcuz it goes faster and you can use it to bait a tele and punish accordingly
*Laos love crossups, so you can either njp them for a full combo or standing 1/2 there crossup for a full combo, it takes some practice but once you get it down it is quite lovely
*D4, goes under his best footsies tool, the standing 2 everytime and forces him to jump around and do pokes
*Low hat is -12, so yes reptile can punish that with a dash and reptile can punish lao's 2,4, 1+2 with a dash as well since that is -11
*Divekicks have to be baited and scouted, since reptile has a fast walk back speed, you can walk back at times and he'll think he can divekick over you, then BAM full combo punish opportunity for you
*For teles, you can d4 under them, sometimes do d4 ex forceball to full combo or just d2 them since that is the easiest option, or you can dash away from it and punish for a full combo
*Ex dash not really recommend, he can interrupt it with a spin or xray haha so be careful with it.