What's new

Match-up Discussion MIT's reptile MU chart

Owerbart

I miss you
reptile mac staying 6-4 for sure, has always been this way. He eliminates force push bcuz dash blows it up, meaning your taking away his best zoning tool. He can do iafb, but has to be weary bcuz those can be punished too. Metzos already explained in depth why it is a 6-4, it's in the thread, check it out.
yep yep i saw it. agreed

Air dash isn't even the problem . Kitana just has to get in on reptile and bait 1 bad dash and it's 50%. D4 works well against f2 but her 3 stuffs it clean. Also her block dashing is insanely good so it's not really hard for her to get passed reptiles zoning. Also her ground fans can compete with reptiles zoning easily, throwing air fans is what she doesn't want to do be cause reptile can get under them with force balls if they aren't timed perfect and spit will knock her down. If she get's a ground fan out first reptile can't safely get anything on screen without eating damage.

I honestly think kitana wins the match, CD will tell you the same thing.

Edit

It's actually been a while so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly about the ground fans. I think it might be a trade for both characters if reptile spits vs ground fan. Regardless, reptile can't make mistakes, this is why kitana is so good. Kitana has to really fuck up to eat big damage from reptile.
her rushdown isn't scary at all haha, can punish all d1s, and easily deal with f2. CD might think that, but that mu is 6 4 reptile favor for sure. She can't do 2 1 and f2 1 without worrying about a d4 hitting her, can't zone like she wants to, and d1s are a no no cuz reptile can punish with a dash all the time or just counterpoke with d4.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I personally believe that the Noob vs. Reptile MU is 3-7

What can noob do against reptile? Zone him? Reptile has the ability to jump and command dash in and still have time to punish b/c the recovery of shadow tackle and slide is horrendous. Also the fact that if reptile is in the corner he can easily avoid upknee by jumping over due to his odd hitbox in air. Trades aren't in Noobs favor either depending on the distance. Tackle vs. forceball midscreen is all in reptiles favor b/c he can wakeup command dash and doe 321 bnb. This has happened to plenty of times.

Punishing a blocked command dash is also annoying b/c noob saibot has to dash in and do 212 b/c the 1 will wiff otherwise and the timing for the punish is annoying. Noob has no answer to reptiles pressure when he has meter.

Due to some of noobs limitations it makes this Mu worse that a 4-6 imho.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
her rushdown isn't scary at all haha, can punish all d1s, and easily deal with f2. CD might think that, but that mu is 6 4 reptile favor for sure. She can't do 2 1 and f2 1 without worrying about a d4 hitting her, can't zone like she wants to, and d1s are a no no cuz reptile can punish with a dash all the time or just counterpoke with d4.
Just because kitana doesn't have johnny cage pressure up close doesn't mean she can't play aggressive. CD is a perfect example of this. Kitana can close the gap extremely fast because her dash blocking is really good. Her 33 string works extremely well against reptile, it's the same speed as his d4 and beats it clean. She doesn't have to d1 much at all to be affective. Reptile is forced to use dash to get her off of him because of his slow normals. D4 was the perfect answer until everyone found out 3 blows it up. Also with good footsies f2 can punish a whiffed d4 for 50%.

If anything the match is 5-5 but not in reptiles favor imo. All these answers reptile has are low damage but do setup pressure. If he messes up one time (one bad dash ect.) he loses 50%. I honestly think kitana in the right hands beats him though. She is one of the best in the game.

TBH I haven't played the game much at all since about spring of last year. I'm going off what I've learned over the time I have played. Granted Scorpion was the character I was focused on but i played reptile too, I needed him for matches like kitana.

Just because kitana doesn't have johnny cage pressure up close doesn't mean she can't play aggressive. CD is a perfect example of this. Kitana can close the gap extremely fast because her dash blocking is really good. Her 33 string works extremely well against reptile, it's the same speed as his d4 and beats it clean. She doesn't have to d1 much at all to be affective. Reptile is forced to use dash to get her off of him because of his slow normals. D4 was the perfect answer until everyone found out 3 blows it up. Also with good footsies f2 can punish a whiffed d4 for 50%.

If anything the match is 5-5 but not in reptiles favor imo. All these answers reptile has are low damage but do setup pressure. If he messes up one time (one bad dash ect.) he loses 50%. I honestly think kitana in the right hands beats him though. She is one of the best in the game.

TBH I haven't played the game much at all since about spring of last year. I'm going off what I've learned over the time I have played. Granted Scorpion was the character I was focused on but i played reptile too, I needed him for matches like kitana.
dnt need to dashs to get out of pressure lmao, most her strings are negative on block, meaning i can just poke out. F2 isn't going to do anything if the reptile has proper spacing. CD is more of a footsies kitana actually, he does go in, but he isn't going to win off just pure rushdown, he does a lot of spacing with kitana, which is the proper way to play her anyways. It's still reptile favor. Her wakeups can all get blown up by him, even her air dash. Her rushdown isn't good, mediocre at best. Also it is very easy whiff punishing f2 1 with reptile's fast walk back speed. I'm going to have to stick with 6 4 reptile favor, unless otherwise convinced.

I do remember CD telling me Kit beats Reptile too.
6 4 reptile, CD is just a great player/ it's not like a 4 6 is unmanageable, i've beaten sonyas with cage and that mu is her favor. I've won other 4 6s like liu vs lao, dnt mean the mus are there favor/5 5.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You have to remember, CD is the polar opposite of his brothers. He doesn't downplay. He up plays. But regardless, Kitana doesn't beat Reptile. He avoids her footsies options too well, and counterzones her well. She's stuck rushing down with options that only mildly work better on Reptile than other characters.

Scoot Magee

dnt need to dashs to get out of pressure lmao, most her strings are negative on block, meaning i can just poke out. F2 isn't going to do anything if the reptile has proper spacing. CD is more of a footsies kitana actually, he does go in, but he isn't going to win off just pure rushdown, he does a lot of spacing with kitana, which is the proper way to play her anyways. It's still reptile favor. Her wakeups can all get blown up by him, even her air dash. Her rushdown isn't good, mediocre at best. Also it is very easy whiff punishing f2 1 with reptile's fast walk back speed. I'm going to have to stick with 6 4 reptile favor, unless otherwise convinced.
I never said rush down 1 time lol. Her forward dash speed is really good because it keeps her in her optimum footsie range and closes in fast on reptiles back walk. Her 33 is 0 on block and if you try to d4 she is going to get +10. After f21 or 21 you can poke but mixing in 33 cancels into cutter can catch you trying to poke out and lead to more pressure. She has tools at close range against reptile and they work well.

Still I'm sitting here debating this and I haven't even been playing and reptile wasn't who I played most in the end. You know what you're talking about but I just don't think it's in reptiles favor. I think 5-5 is a more solid pick.

Scoot Magee

You have to remember, CD is the polar opposite of his brothers. He doesn't downplay. He up plays. But regardless, Kitana doesn't beat Reptile. He avoids her footsies options too well, and counterzones her well. She's stuck rushing down with options that only mildly work better on Reptile than other characters.
I think 5-5 would be more accurate. I don't think reptile beats her.

Death

Noob
IAF is pretty good vs reptile too cuz of his slow dash. I think reptile regular dash hurts him vs good fast ground projectiles

I never said rush down 1 time lol. Her forward dash speed is really good because it keeps her in her optimum footsie range and closes in fast on reptiles back walk. Her 33 is 0 on block and if you try to d4 she is going to get +10. After f21 or 21 you can poke but mixing in 33 cancels into cutter can catch you trying to poke out and lead to more pressure. She has tools at close range against reptile and they work well. I really don't think it's in reptiles favor if not 5-5.
still 6 4, i'll show you why it is, hopefully at the next MLG CD and I are there, we'll run the match and i'll let ya know what happens.

Scoot Magee

still 6 4, i'll show you why it is, hopefully at the next MLG CD and I are there, we'll run the match and i'll let ya know what happens.
Yeah that would be cool. My reptile isn't really on point anyway because of all the time I was putting in with scorpion. I needed to pick him back up for the kitana match and some others. I haven't played much at all and I haven't played CD in like a year. I don't even know why I'm trying to debate this shit with you considering I'm going off a few matches here and there over the course of the last year. You're probably right but I can see the match being 5-5.

THTB

IAF is pretty good vs reptile too cuz of his slow dash. I think reptile regular dash hurts him vs good fast ground projectiles
It's actually not that great vs Reptile. Reptile can spit Kitana out of her iaF fairly reliably, and it gives him opportunities to throw out forceballs.

Also, people are forgetting Kitana is a sitting duck when Reptile knocks her down. She is literally at the mercy of whatever he decides to do, and vs Reptile, that's not good at all.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Sorry man but I strongly believe Reptile Nightwolf is 5-5. Crazy punish off of a blocked dash, reflecting all of Reptile's missle, and an armored advancing move.
lol i knew big d would agree with me on this one. ;p totally makes reptile change his playstyle.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I tested Kitana's 3 stuffing Reptile's d+4 and it didn't work. In fact Reptile's d+4 appeared to stuff her 3. It went under it. We tried it in a few different neutral situations and he always won. It's 12 frame move vs. 12 frame move and Kitana was player 1 and it'd still go under her 3. Against Reptile if she's standing on one side her 3 won't hit period.

THTB

Reptile can cancel out his forceball, so reflecting isn't always the answer. Also, what is NW doing to play a footsies game?

Scoot Magee

I tested Kitana's 3 stuffing Reptile's d+4 and it didn't work. In fact Reptile's d+4 appeared to stuff her 3. It went under it. We tried it in a few different neutral situations and he always won. It's 12 frame move vs. 12 frame move and Kitana was player 1 and it'd still go under her 3. Against Reptile if she's standing on one side her 3 won't hit period.
I guess I'm wrong then. I could have sworn CD was doing this to me constantly last couple of times we played.

Scoot Magee

It was actually B3. I just played and tested it. It doesn't beat it out completely but it works well against d4.