What's new

Match-up Discussion MIT's reptile MU chart

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I coulda swore you did...blah either way it's good news that I've been spreading false info on that. :p

MITDJT, I'm not sure on Baraka, but I can see where the 7-3 comes in. Baraka doesn't really stop Reptile from doing forceballs (EX charge through forceballs??? Man, who fucking cares LOL?), and can afford to have dash blocked quite a bit (Baraka at best gets f44, f4 into reset or f44 4 xx blade charge). But other than that one, Ermac is the only one I disagree on completely. Everything else is pretty gravy, and what I'd put.
random question, what stops someone from D1ing reppy after an ex dash?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Baraka-Reptile is 6-4 at best in Reptile's favor. Dash can be full combo punished with 12~Chop Chop, D4~Blade Charge for 30%. Raka can pressure Rep on wakeup with anything and only has to fear Slide (or Acid Hand). Any meaty attack blows up Dash/EX Dash on wakeup. Max range Blade Charge cannot be punished. B31/2 blows up Rep's D4, or I can just backdash Blade Charge. Spark is also really good in the MU. 321 pressure gets halted by Spin. It's not as easy as you guys think.
Agreed

I don't really agree with reptile beating kitana. If not playing it safe and calling it 5-5 i say she wins 6-4.
kitana win? not a chance. Reptile favor for sure, i know exactly the things reptile has to do now, the thing i was missing was punishing her air dash, now i know that, good luck kitanas. CD is a great player who can of course overcome a 6-4 with her, but that doesn't mean she wins the mu haha.

7-3, i'm not going to downplay reptile, there isn't no way he goes 6 4 when he can't even do blade charges lmao and that's one of his main tools. Reptile controls the space way to well, baraka isn't going to zone him or beat him midscreen, he's going to have to come in, and you think a reptile will be worried about his rushdown when there's chars like sonya, cage, and kabal? nope.

what do kung lao players do to make it 6-4 against your reptile?
it's really just reptile has slow normals, meaning kung lao can do standing 2s to beat out all his normals. Reptile can punish tele, but reptile can't throw out projectiles at all unless the lao just doesn't react properly, it gets kind of annoying, so reptile is forced to come in and try to be a character he's not, a rush down char. Also lao can spin/xray ex dash......, which limits reptile's wakeup game.

it's funny how i clicked the link to this chart knowing Ermac would be listed as 6-4 rep.

i'll actually will agree with you at least parcially. This is a toughie MU, specially if Bitchtile knows the MU.
Ermac may have an edge in the damage output, but that's it. MAYBE the fact that Ermac can tele slimeballs on reaction, but the same way as Kabal, Rep's dash used as mobility hurts Ermac. I think it's a 5-5 just because Ermac's HUGE damage output, but 6-4 might be possible.
reptile mac staying 6-4 for sure, has always been this way. He eliminates force push bcuz dash blows it up, meaning your taking away his best zoning tool. He can do iafb, but has to be weary bcuz those can be punished too. Metzos already explained in depth why it is a 6-4, it's in the thread, check it out.

Zoidberg747

7-3, i'm not going to downplay reptile, there isn't no way he goes 6 4 when he can't even do blade charges lmao and that's one of his main tools. Reptile controls the space way to well, baraka isn't going to zone him or beat him midscreen, he's going to have to come in, and you think a reptile will be worried about his rushdown when there's chars like sonya, cage, and kabal? nope.
Read Cuban's post

it's really just reptile has slow normals, meaning kung lao can do standing 2s to beat out all his normals. Reptile can punish tele, but reptile can't throw out projectiles at all unless the lao just doesn't react properly, it gets kind of annoying, so reptile is forced to come in and try to be a character he's not, a rush down char. Also lao can spin/xray ex dash......, which limits reptile's wakeup game.
one of the biggest things kung lao has in this matchup is his dive kick, full screen he can throw low hats if reptile uses forceballs and anywhere else on the screen he can just dive kick over reptile to avoid forceball pressure/setups. the teleport isnt really needed in this matchup imo, its just something you mix up with the dive kick sometimes to throw off the opponent, but the dive kick is a huge defensive tool in this matchup. without forceballs to aid reptiles offense its really easy to see that reptile has slow normals

Read Cuban's post
already did, doesn't convince me at all, i dnt know why barakas try to upplay so much, just accept him for who he is, i tried to pull the same thing off with scorpion saying mus that were 7 3 were 6 4, but in reality, I knew the truth. Nothing wrong with character love, I love my boy scorpion, but that doesn't mean you can call a characters terrible mus 6 4. Baraka is either a bottom 5 character or just outside it, there's a reason ppl will list mus like rax 7 3 and lao 7 3 vs him, it's bcuz he doesn't have the tools necessary to make it a match that he shouldn't have an issue with. Full screen rep wins, midscreen rep wins, up close it isn't anyones favor bcuz both have d4s and both dnt have fast normals, both don't have great wakeups so no advantage there, in the footsies game, both have d4s, so there's no advantage for baraka anywhere tbh, heck he can't even do ex blade charge safely bcuz that can get punished by dash. I'm not going to sit here and let baraka players always try to act like he barely loses to characters when he actually loses bad or worse. Somecuban is a good PLAYER, has nothing to do with baraka being a good char. Prime example, me beating detroit at evo with scorpion, i won bcuz i'm just good and can make scorpion work, doesn't mean scorpion is a good character/ goes 6 4 with kabal haha that mu 7 3 for sure.

one of the biggest things kung lao has in this matchup is his dive kick, full screen he can throw low hats if reptile uses forceballs and anywhere else on the screen he can just dive kick over reptile to avoid forceball pressure/setups. the teleport isnt really needed in this matchup imo, its just something you mix up with the dive kick sometimes to throw off the opponent, but the dive kick is a huge defensive tool in this matchup. without forceballs to aid reptiles offense its really easy to see that reptile has slow normals
aw yes, forgot about the divekicks, good point, yep you hit it spot on. That's why lao wins 6 4.

Zoidberg747

already did, doesn't convince me at all, i dnt know why barakas try to upplay so much, just accept him for who he is, i tried to pull the same thing off with scorpion saying mus that were 7 3 were 6 4, but in reality, I knew the truth. Nothing wrong with character love, I love my boy scorpion, but that doesn't mean you can call a characters terrible mus 6 4. Baraka is either a bottom 5 character or just outside it, there's a reason ppl will list mus like rax 7 3 and lao 7 3 vs him, it's bcuz he doesn't have the tools necessary to make it a match that he shouldn't have an issue with. Full screen rep wins, midscreen rep wins, up close it isn't anyones favor bcuz both have d4s and both dnt have fast normals, both don't have great wakeups so no advantage there, in the footsies game, both have d4s, so there's no advantage for baraka anywhere tbh, heck he can't even do ex blade charge safely bcuz that can get punished by dash. I'm not going to sit here and let baraka players always try to act like he barely loses to characters when he actually loses bad or worse. Somecuban is a good PLAYER, has nothing to do with baraka being a good char. Prime example, me beating detroit at evo with scorpion, i won bcuz i'm just good and can make scorpion work, doesn't mean scorpion is a good character/ goes 6 4 with kabal haha that mu 7 3 for sure.
Fair enough

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nothing, but if that's your only option to stop it, then prepare for a long day.
why? even if i dont wanna interrupt it i can d3/4 , reptile midscreen cant get a guaranteed string from pokes unless its inurface so d4 is completely safe as P1 and D3 can't be punished except with a blockstring maybe, one bar for some chip and meter back, big deal.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
why? even if i dont wanna interrupt it i can d3/4 , reptile midscreen cant get a guaranteed string from pokes unless its inurface so d4 is completely safe as P1 and D3 can't be punished except with a blockstring maybe, one bar for some chip and meter back, big deal.
Given I don't dash or d3 you first, yes, you can do this.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Given I don't dash or d3 you first, yes, you can do this.
risk reward is much better for me considering the damage you get and the damage i get, you essentialy WASTE a bar to put yourself in a condition like this, why should i ever respect the dash considering the chip damage and meter you gain from the basic 321 AH blockstring? only reason would be setups and the risk of me blocking it and maybe forcing a breaker ( not even mentioning characters with a high damage output) OR if you wanna chip someone out and keep doing ex dash which in that case is a 23%

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As Reptile I shouldn't even be doing EX dash vs you anyway, since you're Sub lol. Sub can clone it on the way back. EX dash sucks vs him anyway. Vs characters that can't do anything about it other than d1/d3 interrupt, it's pretty gravy. Reptile's d3 is only -6 on block and is +11 on crouch hit. It's slow, but it has some of the better values on block/hit than most d3s out there. So it's all a guess as to whether you predict string or poke.

If you expect string, and I poke, +11 for me, if you expect poke and I string, yay for meter gain. It's a guessing game.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Sorry man but I strongly believe Reptile Nightwolf is 5-5. Crazy punish off of a blocked dash, reflecting all of Reptile's missle, and an armored advancing move.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
kitana win? not a chance. Reptile favor for sure, i know exactly the things reptile has to do now, the thing i was missing was punishing her air dash, now i know that, good luck kitanas. CD is a great player who can of course overcome a 6-4 with her, but that doesn't mean she wins the mu haha.
Air dash isn't even the problem . Kitana just has to get in on reptile and bait 1 bad dash and it's 50%. D4 works well against f2 but her 3 stuffs it clean. Also her block dashing is insanely good so it's not really hard for her to get passed reptiles zoning. Also her ground fans can compete with reptiles zoning easily, throwing air fans is what she doesn't want to do be cause reptile can get under them with force balls if they aren't timed perfect and spit will knock her down. If she get's a ground fan out first reptile can't safely get anything on screen without eating damage.

I honestly think kitana wins the match, CD will tell you the same thing.

Edit

It's actually been a while so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly about the ground fans. I think it might be a trade for both characters if reptile spits vs ground fan. Regardless, reptile can't make mistakes, this is why kitana is so good. Kitana has to really fuck up to eat big damage from reptile.