What's new

General/Other - Piercing Mileena Piercing B1.. One of the best all purpose moves?

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Doing B1 by itself, then doing B12 is a stagger.

Obviously, I know that Mileena players aren't just doing that. They're walking back and whiff punishing, so on and so forth.

The Point: Mileena mains have used this string in the ways you have before you did, and no one freaked out.

That, I do not get. I'm not attacking you, simply pointing out that this string has always been very good
Yeah, Foxy brought the move to the spotlight due to his following but Mileena mains have been using it just like him since last summer's patch. Akromaniac and Mr. Mileena never caused this fuss, not sure why the fuss when they see Foxy do it. I also do not like how some act like none of us, even Saltface, know our character but thats a topic for another day. Foxy is just a stronger player doing what we've been doing, of course its going to look better.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a witch hunt. Threads like this already got b12 "nerfed" and now it seems the community still wants more blood.

omooba

fear the moobs
can we please not get mileena nerfed PLEASE
If you predict that Mileena will throw out B1 then you can counterhit it. You know she's going to press B1? Hit her when she's still in startup, don't bother whiff punishing it when you can stuff it.
most characters dont have a move faster than 11 frames at her b1 range

Goat-City

Banned
No, everybody already has first option of attack, why would it need to be more minus?

Ronin is neutral
Cage is so + he Jails
Lao is -1
Cassie can end in +1

Who has an 11f mid thats that bad, and why should Mileena be made worse?

How are you gonna land a poke WITH NO RANGE?
Why so hostile? After any blocked d1 or d3 you are in range of your pokes. If you block a d4 you probably won't be in range of your d4, but in that range you still have f3, you can jump in if you read a second d4, or b12 if you think they'll block, so they still have things to respect, but so do you. She still has great zoning in this variation and great counter zoning, she doesn't need to be great in every possible range.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why are you so hostile?
Why so hostile? After any blocked d1 or d3 you are in range of your pokes. If you block a d4 you probably won't be in range of your d4, but in that range you still have f3, you can jump in if you read a second d4, or b12 if you think they'll block, so they still have things to respect, but so do you. She still has great zoning in this variation and great counter zoning, she doesn't need to be great in every possible range.
Because its annoying how peoples opinions have weight in this community when they have literally no idea what theyre talking about.

Jumping with Mileena is a no no. You'll get anti aired.
Counterpoking with F3 is a definite no.

There's nothing to respect.

shura30

Shura
No, everybody already has first option of attack, why would it need to be more minus?

Ronin is neutral
Cage is so + he Jails
Lao is -1
Cassie can end in +1

Who has an 11f mid thats that bad, and why should Mileena be made worse?
the problem with mileena is that she actually moves away from the opponent whilst the others stay close to the opponent's option

also, never said that fast advancing mids should stay the way they are in general

also, general consensus is she should be normalized so just like other characters she's going to be hit with the bat

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
the problem with mileena is that she actually moves away from the opponent whilst the others stay close to the opponent's option

also, never said that fast advancing mids should stay the way they are in general
She moves into a range where opponents pokes reach, hers dont, and b12 is too slow to win if repeated.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
That's the whole point tho. B12

What are your options?

Well, you can poke. But she can walk backwards and blow it up.
If she walks backwards, she isn't repeating b12 so now the neutral is reset.
You can use armor.
If she tries to get cute with b12 b12 b12 you can poke to blow it up.
B1 is negative on it's own.

Like, why is it so terrible when lao essentially has the same mixup mind games?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm gonna do a quick comparison here.

Fisticuffs Cage has a mid hitting stagger string, b12 (speedbag) that now is only one frame faster of startup than Mileena's b1, and it's -3 on block at every hit.

Mileena's b1 is -2 on block, and her b12 is -1 on block. Those are the kind of frames on block Fisticuffs players have been asking during months for this string (we were ok with -2 at every hit indeed) and have been denied.

The thing here is Fisticuffs, unlike Mileena, completely relies on this string. But it doesn't work as an antiair, it has less range, it has random whiffing issues, it has a gap and it can't be followed up by a low or an overhead.

So only logic situation here is buff speedbag, or nerf Mileena's b12. I prefer the first option xD

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
Because its annoying how peoples opinions have weight in this community when they have literally no idea what theyre talking about.

Jumping with Mileena is a no no. You'll get anti aired.
Counterpoking with F3 is a definite no.

There's nothing to respect.
Then you should be mad at the morons who assume I know what I'm talking about, not me lol. I'm just trying to learn here, doesn't matter to me if I'm right or wrong. So if Piercing has nothing to be respected after blocking a d4 you think she'll be ruined? Her other 2 variations have no good mids and they're not bad at all after their buffs, just Piercing is better. Why can't that one range be her weakness? And I'm not saying this in the context of other top tier characters not getting slightly nerfed too because they should be.

Reactions: GQJ

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
People are just overreacting since foxy was bodying everyone with Mileena. Id like to see someone else replicate what foxy is doing before claiming shes so OP.
I know of a local mileena player who's very good. I honestly believe he's better than what these top players bring to the table. He plays like no other.

Doing B1 by itself, then doing B12 is a stagger.

Obviously, I know that Mileena players aren't just doing that. They're walking back and whiff punishing, so on and so forth.

The Point: Mileena mains have used this string in the ways you have before you did, and no one freaked out.

That, I do not get. I'm not attacking you, simply pointing out that this string has always been very good
It's because there's a name attached to it that it's catching attention. Anyone here can discover something, post / show it off in a video and it will go under the radar until a well known top players name comes in and showcases the same thing.

I remember it happening with all the triborg hard to blockable videos being posted by others here; no one made a fuss until REO posted the exact same thing and everyone cried for nerfs immediately.

It's quite sad, really.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I remember being almost ousted from the community for saying how good Mileena was, especially B12.

Just sayin...
read the replies that were wrote to ketchup in the tier list placement thread.
alot has happened since you said that and you even said yourself "shes a totally different character now"

so please dont try the we tried to tell you guys nonsense

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
read the replies that were wrote to ketchup in the tier list placement thread.
alot has happened since you said that and you even said yourself "shes a totally different character now"

so please dont try the we tried to tell you guys nonsense
We? I am saying me.

She is a different character now because her zoning is better which as a result, obviously made all her variations better. While B12 has more mind games now as it forces the opponent to try and take their get out option almost immediately and have a better chance of releasing block.

B1 and B12 since it was first buffed has been amazing, even before the recent patch when they removed the advantage, there is no argument anymore about this move and her as a character being good, although I was told otherwise, I guess me and you have a different story of the events.

Reactions: GQJ

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
TBH, this was not made to be a B1 witch hunt. Its just letting people know where they go wrong because they seriously underestimate the move. Its really the sai buff that helps her.
Seconded. I rely on Sai placement way more than I do B12.
She feels a lot like Deathstroke in IGAU did; vertical screen control complete with unsafe specials that interrupt everything, meh pokes, and an upclose game that compliments her build without pushing her to an absurd point.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
We? I am saying me.

She is a different character now because her zoning is better which as a result, obviously made all her variations better. While B12 has more mind games now as it forces the opponent to try and take their get out option almost immediately and have a better chance of releasing block.

B1 and B12 since it was first buffed has been amazing, even before the recent patch when they removed the advantage, there is no argument anymore about this move and her as a character being good, although I was told otherwise, I guess me and you have a different story of the events.
well if i go by just you and not the uk tier list, you were saying the previous version of mileena was S+ so whats she now that the previous top 5 been nerfed and she got buffed? kabal level? you were being told she was good, just not as good as you were implying, i dunno why you and other lads are so offended by that? i know people like nsbrutalmileena were going way more ham the they needed to be but thats another story/issue.

if you review the mileena forum around the date of the 1st b12 changes you see people were saying because of her frames your options after b12 were do it again making b1 9 frames in case they did anything but low profile/armor or block/walk back and counterpoke/whiff punish what they do.
you and foxy go on like no one even pressed b12 before you guys.

i guess i dont understand why you all dwelling on it so much, just move on. every few days/any new mileena thread i see one of the uk guys make comments about mileena and that tier list. its a previous version of the game. just play/talk about the one we have now ya know? its one of those no one cares about the 1964 olympics kinda thing at this point.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I agree with Foxxy...

People are komplaining because she has a good normal?? This normal doesn't even leave her plus or neutral and, as a single, B1 kan't be hitconfirmed, so I don't see it being as big a deal as all the other fucked up shit in this game.

Few weaknesses =/= Broken.. She sort of balances out the fucked up shit in the game by forcing people to be honest...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
How ironic, Coming from Mr. d4 d4 d4 Grab. I guess your Lao days are so far behind you, you can barely remember.
D4 on hit, there's a total difference there, therefore no irony and your smarmy point is just irrelevant.

D4 on hit into grab is a legit tactic for al characters.

D4 d4 d4 (or d1) on block is just stupid and having a good mid will stop people from doing this in the correct way.