What's new

General/Other - Piercing Mileena Piercing B1.. One of the best all purpose moves?

Hadn't her B12 string basically always been like this?

Since like....forever?

Akromaniac was using those staggers in sets before Foxy touched the character.

I don't get it.
People are just overreacting since foxy was bodying everyone with Mileena. Id like to see someone else replicate what foxy is doing before claiming shes so OP.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Im not against characters doing high meterless dmg.. but Mileena has so many tools, she can do well anyway with 30% instead of 35% meterless.

Anyway, what characters have 35% or more meterless midscreen? I can think of Ermac on top of my head, maybe Marksman Erron? Not many tbh
Lao
Ermac
Mileena
Cage if you wanna include chip damage
Bo Rai Cho (IIRC)
Kotal Khan
Imposter Shinnok

I think the average is around 32-35 though in general

Goat-City

Banned
You're theory fighting me now, I know that it can be whiff punished because 1. I can do it 2. Others do it to me.
I didn't think of that. So you could block a staggered b1, then by the time you could reasonably react to it, it would be about 3-5 frames before the second one becomes active, so you could walk back and whiff punish it with a decently ranged normal. I guess that's practical, but you wouldn't have to do b1 after b1 of course. Regardless, it doesn't change what I said earlier. If it was a high all it would mean is that you would have to land your own poke first before you could go into the b12 pressure or pseudo pressure. You wouldn't get it as easily, and even then if you expect them to be blocking you could still get it.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
just apply to her the same negative frames as everyone else with a 11 frame mid

- 4 or -5 should address the situation and normalize the tool
No, everybody already has first option of attack, why would it need to be more minus?

Ronin is neutral
Cage is so + he Jails
Lao is -1
Cassie can end in +1

Who has an 11f mid thats that bad, and why should Mileena be made worse?

I didn't think of that. So you could block a staggered b1, then by the time you could reasonably react to it, it would be about 3-5 frames before the second one becomes active, so you could walk back and whiff punish it with a decently ranged normal. I guess that's practical, but you wouldn't have to do b1 after b1 of course. Regardless, it doesn't change what I said earlier. If it was a high all it would mean is that you would have to land your own poke first before you could go into the b12 pressure or pseudo pressure, you wouldn't get it so easily, and even then if you expect them to be blocking you could still get it.
How are you gonna land a poke WITH NO RANGE?

Why make it a high? Other characters have 11f mids, so why shouldn't she?

It's not even like its the best mid in the game anyway, the problems people have with piercing b12, should also apply even more to ronin b11, but nobody's shown how amazing that move can be too.

The importance of an 11f mid in this game is too much, because it ultimately stops bad play, it prevents people from double mashing pokes, stops people from using negative gimmicky staggers etc. It's an essential tool to check the opponent.

The thing you said about the b1 stagger by itself is technically a gimmick too, you can interrupt whatever she does next. If you play against it enough you'll identify it a lot easier.
TBH, this was not made to be a B1 witch hunt. Its just letting people know where they go wrong because they seriously underestimate the move. Its really the sai buff that helps her.

Goat-City

Banned
Im not against characters doing high meterless dmg.. but Mileena has so many tools, she can do well anyway with 30% instead of 35% meterless.

Anyway, what characters have 35% or more meterless midscreen? I can think of Ermac on top of my head, maybe Marksman Erron? Not many tbh
Quan can in all of his variations.

To be fair there are dedicated threads to Ronin b11, showing how he locks many characters in corner when they don't have meter too....everyone should know how strong it is at this point.

The problem with Mileena is not b12 itself, but the number of tools she has...a character shouldn't have no weaknesses at all. She has answers to everything that exist in MKX
To your point, Mileena in short has..

1. Good Zoning
2. Good counter zoning
3. Good pokes in neutral
4. Good pressure
5. You really cannot jump liberally vs her or at all in some instances
6. She also hits like a truck
7. Is a female character so some characters get MUCH less damage

It really isnt B1 that makes her and TBH, while B1 is an all purpose move, it is just a part of the whole.

People need to break her down as a whole to figure out how to fight her. The sai buff was a pretty big deal. Its just about fighting it every day. Lose enough, and we will get answers. Its all about making everyone aware and eventually solutions come forward.

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

Goro actually gets 35% meterless.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Who has an 11f mid thats that bad, and why should Mileena be made worse?
Kenshi S3 is an 11 frame mid and is pretty bad. No effective staggers from it, shit range, can't AA, can get pretty negative with no real way make it safe without EX Push.

So at least your not Kenshi.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I just believe shes good because she can slow down the MKX pace, by stopping people (who by now are sooooo used to) running in and jumping everywhere.
^^^^ This. This is precisely why I love this character. Same as every other one I consistently use; because she has the means to force the otherwise recklessly fast pace of MKXL down to a speed she can control simply by virtue of her options. Neutrality is her greatest asset as much as speed is to A-List Cage, pure zoning is to Summoner, and so on. She is a literal glutton for punishing, which is why having something like a B12 makes sense.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
They're not staggers
Doing B1 by itself, then doing B12 is a stagger.

Obviously, I know that Mileena players aren't just doing that. They're walking back and whiff punishing, so on and so forth.

The Point: Mileena mains have used this string in the ways you have before you did, and no one freaked out.

That, I do not get. I'm not attacking you, simply pointing out that this string has always been very good

Trustypatches

PSN: Boweeen, Twitch: rBoweeen
Mileena so often having breaker due to meterless damage and meterbuild is the only thing that I find hard to deal with. She really is being overhyped to shit in my opinion.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Is sonic fox the only player on the planet that can whiff punish b1? The answer isn't to jump over it. Other characters have scenarios where you can jump over during an attack and still be trip guarded for attempting to jump. This isn't unique.

Also, it's not a pressure tool, every character in he game has first option of attack after blocking it.

The character (in piercing) is literally all neutral with no legit 'offense'. This is why b1 is so important because it'll blow up bad movement.

The complaining is really starting to get stupid now. Let the character live, and stop jumping around like lunatics. Piercing actually needs this because without it she'll have nothing to respect.

Piercing without b12 would be like grandmaster without a clone.
I legít feel bad for you because all This bitching legitimately might get it nerfed and mainly because they see yiu use rhe move properly and people act like everyone is abusing this op move

leoj89

Noob
I legít feel bad for you because all This bitching legitimately might get it nerfed and mainly because they see yiu use rhe move properly and people act like everyone is abusing this op move
yeah I don't want to jinx it but I see an unnecessary nerf coming next patch.