What's new

General/Other - Piercing Mileena Piercing B1.. One of the best all purpose moves?

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
You can low profile b1 with d4 with Sub Zero iirc ... guys at my local deal with my b1 all the time and most of the time they are low profiling it.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
You can low profile b1 with d4 with Sub Zero iirc ... guys at my local deal with my b1 all the time and most of the time they are low profiling it.
But if your throwing out d4 in anticipation of a low profile you put the read in the favor of the aggressor. You open yourself up to whiff punishes, and against b1 especially, that's dangerous.

Kind of why you don't d3 or d4 under Kitana fans, because the tornado will catch you.

Id say the only time you can brain-dead a normal to low profile is Johnny d4 vs Jason lmao.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If you predict that Mileena will throw out B1 then you can counterhit it. You know she's going to press B1? Hit her when she's still in startup, don't bother whiff punishing it when you can stuff it.

If you predict that Mileena will throw out B1 then you can counterhit it. You know she's going to press B1? Hit her when she's still in startup, don't bother whiff punishing it when you can stuff it.
Thats probably not too smart. Many characters don't have fast attacks that have the range of her B1. This means that you are in her range while she is not in yours. So for you to counter hit her out of it means getting in YOUR range, not hers. She can do B1 from a range where your attacks only hit the sai, which has no hurt box. Saying "counter hit it, problem solved" is not really problem solved.

Also, this thread is about how B1 is basically an all purpose attack and not that the move is unstoppable.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
But if your throwing out d4 in anticipation of a low profile you put the read in the favor of the aggressor. You open yourself up to whiff punishes, and against b1 especially, that's dangerous.

Kind of why you don't d3 or d4 under Kitana fans, because the tornado will catch you.

Id say the only time you can brain-dead a normal to low profile is Johnny d4 vs Jason lmao.
I'm a newer player but wouldn't that be apart of the mind game in a way? As the Mileena player I see you're looking to stuff the b1 so now I'm cautious when throwing it out? Now I'd be looking possibly into throwing my slow ass f3 - again I'm a newer player with bad habits - out to crush your d4 attempt to stuff the b1?

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Oh and you forgot to add that b12 can stuff wakeups eg. Lui Kang's, Ermac's and we get an option select from b1 on knockdown. :coffee:

I had no idea you could whiff the b1 and still combo them before they can block
Yea, thats pretty much the only REALLY dumb thing about it.

I'm a newer player but wouldn't that be apart of the mind game in a way? As the Mileena player I see you're looking to stuff the b1 so now I'm cautious when throwing it out? Now I'd be looking possibly into throwing my slow ass f3 - again I'm a newer player with bad habits - out to crush your d4 attempt to stuff the b1?
Its a powerful move which is fine, many characters have great pokes for footsies that are fast with range and are also pressure tools as well. I don't think anyone should have any issue with B1 being a strong footsie tool that can also be used for pressure. It's being able to aa jump ins while stopping ppl from approach while protecting yourself from a cross over jump attack in case you mistime the attack(giving you a guaranteed combo in the process) is what makes it even better.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Is sonic fox the only player on the planet that can whiff punish b1? The answer isn't to jump over it. Other characters have scenarios where you can jump over during an attack and still be trip guarded for attempting to jump. This isn't unique.

Also, it's not a pressure tool, every character in he game has first option of attack after blocking it.

The character (in piercing) is literally all neutral with no legit 'offense'. This is why b1 is so important because it'll blow up bad movement.

The complaining is really starting to get stupid now. Let the character live, and stop jumping around like lunatics. Piercing actually needs this because without it she'll have nothing to respect.

Piercing without b12 would be like grandmaster without a clone.

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I've seen this said a few times. I just started taking fighting games half serious with mkx so excuse my ignorance. What difference would making it a high make ?
It would mean that when people are crouch blocking, the b1 would whiff because it hits high. Currently it's a mid which means it hits blocking opponents whether they're standing or crouching.

Is sonic fox the only player on the planet that can whiff punish b1?
Its just to inform. I doubt anyone knew how well B1 protects Mileena from cross overs while still allowing her to full combo punish even when B1 whiffs. It's an all purpose move. Wouldn't be the first time anyone had one and won't be the last. I think it's important for people to know all the ways they think will get around it but wont such as a cross over jump in.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Thats probably not too smart. Many characters don't have fast attacks that have the range of her B1. This means that you are in her range while she is not in yours. So for you to counter hit her out of it means getting in YOUR range, not hers. She can do B1 from a range where your attacks only hit the sai, which has no hurt box. Saying "counter hit it, problem solved" is not really problem solved.

Also, this thread is about how B1 is basically an all purpose attack and not that the move is unstoppable.
You don't need the range of B1 to beat it. Jacqui can even counterhit B1. Mileena's hurtbox actually moves forward during the startup of B1, but not at the beginning of her startup - a few frames before it becomes active. Here's a video of Jacqui counterhitting it.

I'm not saying it's easy or what you should try and do everytime (it's not) but on a hard read do it. Like if she's trying to do B1, B12 or B12,B12 then you counter hit. Or if you think she'll run at you and B1. It's a hard read.

I was replying with this response because at the end of your video you said that we should all find a way to deal with as a community, and I just thought that this a fine way to deal with it so I decided to share. It's how I deal with Cage's F3, I counter hit that for daaays.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why make it a high? Other characters have 11f mids, so why shouldn't she?

It's not even like its the best mid in the game anyway, the problems people have with piercing b12, should also apply even more to ronin b11, but nobody's shown how amazing that move can be too.

The importance of an 11f mid in this game is too much, because it ultimately stops bad play, it prevents people from double mashing pokes, stops people from using negative gimmicky staggers etc. It's an essential tool to check the opponent.

The thing you said about the b1 stagger by itself is technically a gimmick too, you can interrupt whatever she does next. If you play against it enough you'll identify it a lot easier.