What's new

General/Other - Piercing Mileena Piercing B1.. One of the best all purpose moves?

The Highlander

There can be only one
Is sonic fox the only player on the planet that can whiff punish b1? The answer isn't to jump over it. Other characters have scenarios where you can jump over during an attack and still be trip guarded for attempting to jump. This isn't unique.

Also, it's not a pressure tool, every character in he game has first option of attack after blocking it.

The character (in piercing) is literally all neutral with no legit 'offense'. This is why b1 is so important because it'll blow up bad movement.

The complaining is really starting to get stupid now. Let the character live, and stop jumping around like lunatics. Piercing actually needs this because without it she'll have nothing to respect.

Piercing without b12 would be like grandmaster without a clone.
What are Tremor's best options after B12? I've struggled in this match-up, and everything you said about how important a mid is, applies to how hard it is for Tremor to deal with double pokes, negative staggers, etc.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Hadn't her B12 string basically always been like this?

Since like....forever?

Akromaniac was using those staggers in sets before Foxy touched the character.

I don't get it.
Everyone paid attention to "top" players saying she was bad earlier in the game so no one played her. Now that Foxy picked her up and is using her properly, everyone is noticing things they never did cause there was nothing to watch. There were great Mileenas but they weren't publicly exposed.

The character is really good, and I think that Foxy is defending her just like a JC player would defend his f3 lol Their moves are super good just accept it.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
What are Tremor's best options after B12? I've struggled in this match-up, and everything you said about how important a mid is, applies to how hard it is for Tremor to deal with double pokes, negative staggers, etc.
Use D4 to check B12 into buttons but be careful because the Mileena can walk back and whiff punish. If they do it too close you can interrupt with F1, however the problem Tremor stuffs from is because B12 is only -1 she can poke you for free afterwards if shes close enough, or neutral duck your high if you throw that out.

So the up close meta is going to work something like this B12, D1/3 to beat Tremors poke, B12 neutral duck to full combo punish your highs but opening herself up to get poked, B12 into block if they think you're about to armor.

Lol mileena players have known this for forever. Look at the first post of the piercing thread. B1,2 is a big reason why piercing functions. Not just for pressure or AA but just for her combos to connect. It's already been nerfed by BA and active frames.That's why nrs gave mileena an alternative to b1,2 in the form of b2,2 in her other two variations. Her problem was not getting respect midscreen so they saw the success she had with b1 in piercing and gave her an alternative. B1,2 and B2,2 are both crucial tools to lessen her reliance on her unsafe mixup game. It lets her play the midscreen neutral like everyone else.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
You're theory fighting me now, I know that it can be whiff punished because 1. I can do it 2. Others do it to me.
This is such a cop-out response. The math is sound and you're dissing it because you don't have an argument against it.

http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf

Show me 16 or even <19 frame averages if you're so confident. For the record, I don't think the string needs to be touched. Seeing bullshit responses like this is just as bad as people propagating misinformation which you claim is occurring.

Scheuerbuerste

"You will die, sister!"
Everyone paid attention to "top" players saying she was bad earlier in the game so no one played her. Now that Foxy picked her up and is using her properly, everyone is noticing things they never did cause there was nothing to watch. There were great Mileenas but they weren't publicly exposed.

The character is really good, and I think that Foxy is defending her just like a JC player would defend his f3 lol Their moves are super good just accept it.
*sign

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Haha, if there's another patch she will get nerfed because we know how it works... Yet characters like Ronin are STILL sliding under the radar, I thought the last patch was going to be enough but nope, you guys want her to lose the string that makes Piercing good, otherwise can someone tell me a reason to use Piercing over Ethereal? Other than low sai, that's kinda whatever in most match-ups.
If B1 becomes a high, slower, or loses anything you guys will find another character to bitch about just because you don't like to hit the lab. B12 could be dealt with even since it was +2, but it was harder to deal with obviously. This whole "she can walk back and whiff punish your D4" only works at a far range against most characters, at that range you can also walk out of her range, of course she has answers for this but you can countr them. My point is that the mindgames are for both players, also the active frames of B1 have been nerfed as well and that makes it even easier to deal with it. Now, the string is very good still, it's her best tool by far and what makes Piercing useful but ya'll cried enough and got it nerfed, just learn how to deal with it, Mileena players had to do it against characters like Cassie Cage who completely beat her ass pre-patch so yeah.
The fact that Foxy kicks ass with her probably means that... You know... That he is arguably the second best MKX player? Maybe he outplays people with a great well-rounded characte, idk... I don't think she destroys any character other than maybe Jacqui, she is just a great designed character that can hold her own against everyone, how the hell does that warrant nerfs to a character?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Mileena's b1 is also a very good AA. It hits even from behind x)

D'vorah is the best to deal with her pressure.

Why make it a high? Other characters have 11f mids, so why shouldn't she?

It's not even like its the best mid in the game anyway, the problems people have with piercing b12, should also apply even more to ronin b11, but nobody's shown how amazing that move can be too.

The importance of an 11f mid in this game is too much, because it ultimately stops bad play, it prevents people from double mashing pokes, stops people from using negative gimmicky staggers etc. It's an essential tool to check the opponent.

The thing you said about the b1 stagger by itself is technically a gimmick too, you can interrupt whatever she does next. If you play against it enough you'll identify it a lot easier.
Stop making so much sense man, this is about #MakeMileenaShitAgain wait... she already is :/

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
She's annoying AF and highly likely Top 5

But just because a char is top 5 does not mean they need nerfs sure its not possible to nerd every top 5 char

But if I was to suggest a slight nerf I would increase her hurtbox of roll so true mids actually hit her it's like she has a free invincible move to mids whenever she wants.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
mileena is fine how she is. honestly, y'all need to complain about takeda or a-list johnny because both those two have such stooooopid dirt.