What's new

Match Footage - Mileena Mileena Match Videos

hey guys, here's an online set i recorded with my buddy. we've prolly grinded out this match-up a hundred times by now, so i'm pretty experienced with predator's shenanigans haha.

I like what I saw. You play a lot like me with the running and the Low sai use, lol. But what was happening in the corner with those Hunter traps? You got hit by NJK and recovered in crouch block?

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
I like what I saw. You play a lot like me with the running and the Low sai use, lol. But what was happening in the corner with those Hunter traps? You got hit by NJK and recovered in crouch block?
thanks. yeah, about the traps. basically when he would throw one down he would always go for NJK and i would find a very tight window to block high for the NJK and back down to avoid getting caught by the trap. hunter's traps are very annoying lol.

thanks. yeah, about the traps. basically when he would throw one down he would always go for NJK and i would find a very tight window to block high for the NJK and back down to avoid getting caught by the trap. hunter's traps are very annoying lol.
Some of them I could see where you were blocking correctly, but the ones I'm talking about looked like you got hit and it glitched you back to crouch block.

See 1:08

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
hey guys, here's an online set i recorded with my buddy. we've prolly grinded out this match-up a hundred times by now, so i'm pretty experienced with predator's shenanigans haha.

Pretty good set and your Mileena is really solid. The only thing I saw was potential combo conversions from an air-to-air telekick and some more anti-airing would be nice. Other than that nicely played :)

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Some of them I could see where you were blocking correctly, but the ones I'm talking about looked like you got hit and it glitched you back to crouch block.

See 1:08
oh, i see what u mean. yeah, i really can't explain that lol. looking over the set i noticed again at 3:08 i was put in that same situation, but that time i got trapped. idk, predator is weird haha.

Pretty good set and your Mileena is really solid. The only thing I saw was potential combo conversions from an air-to-air telekick and some more anti-airing would be nice. Other than that nicely played :)
thanks alot. playing against predator i'm alot more cautious about my actions because his gauntlets on njp and jip have so much range. it's tougher to position myself for an anti-air roll on predator than most other characters. ur right though, i gotta work on my conversions from telekick. i normally don't do anything of of it.

TheGabStandard

oh, i see what u mean. yeah, i really can't explain that lol. looking over the set i noticed again at 3:08 i was put in that same situation, but that time i got trapped. idk, predator is weird haha.

thanks alot. playing against predator i'm alot more cautious about my actions because his gauntlets on njp and jip have so much range. it's tougher to position myself for an anti-air roll on predator than most other characters. ur right though, i gotta work on my conversions from telekick. i normally don't do anything of of it.
Anti air roll I can def understand being risky. Try B1 though as that might work better for the distance Predator was jumping from.

Shit like that is where I say fuck this game sometimes, lol. I know I'd be the unlucky guy to get trapped everytime.

Anyway yeah, that anti-air telekick in the corner is huge damage. Around 40% or more.
(AA Telekick~delayed Air Sai, f23~Roll, uppercut, U3 MB, Sadistics)

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Shit like that is where I say fuck this game sometimes, lol. I know I'd be the unlucky guy to get trapped everytime.

Anyway yeah, that anti-air telekick in the corner is huge damage. Around 40% or more.
(AA Telekick~delayed Air Sai, f23~Roll, uppercut, U3 MB, Sadistics)
good to know. i'll have to lab that up with telekick. normally though, if i make hard read i can always convert off of an air-to-air jump kick/punch -> air sai. idk, it's situational. when i use telekick i'm not thinking about converting like i should. thanks for the tip though.

Not mine but this YT user regularly uploads to our FB MK page. (Is he a member here?)

Figured other Mileena players can learn from this. :)

I am trying to learn mileena I have dabbled with both piercing and ravenous, what do you think is the best variation to use? I main Kitana so wanna get the twisted sisters down!

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Not mine but this YT user regularly uploads to our FB MK page. (Is he a member here?)

That hurt my my heart. Not a bad mil but man. If that kano player knew anything it would looked different. Mil took alot of risks when she didnt have to.

TheGabStandard

I am trying to learn mileena I have dabbled with both piercing and ravenous, what do you think is the best variation to use? I main Kitana so wanna get the twisted sisters down!
Due to the recent patch each variation is just as good as each other with small differences. Piercing as the ranging tools and damage, Ravenous has the damage and the mixups with pounces and Ethereal for mobility and escaping pressure.

For me its hard to say which is the best (although tempted to say Ethereal now) so I would say play around with all three until you find the one you feel comfortable the most and then work on learning that variation. As a suggestion maybe you could focus on Piercing first as you have an extra zoning tool with Low Sai, but go with whatever is comfortable.

That hurt my my heart. Not a bad mil but man. If that kano player knew anything it would looked different. Mil took alot of risks when she didnt have to.
Well Telekick is ALWAYS a risk since you can't purely react to knives or jumps with it.

I don't know this guy or if he has an acoount, but yeah, he's not bad. I wish he'd try to maximize his combo damage though.
But mainly it seemed all of his opponents in this video just didn't know how to block Mileena. 21u4 was all but guaranteed, lol.

Crimea

Noob
This video uploaded by guy who played Jax and Kano. So why he uploads video of his losing?))

Last edited:
I dunno, maybe he just liked the matches. Or maybe he wants criticism. I've uploaded matches where I've lost sometimes too.
Same. I've uploaded many matches where I lost simply because they were still excellent matches, or it's a match I'm not great against but it shows I've solidly improved over my last attempt.

Plenty of reasons to upload matches in which you loose.

I upload /link (embarassing) matches to get criticisms too. :)

Now to find other videos of Mileena. Any YT channels you'd recommend? Shameless plugs are welcome. LOL!

Hour-long online set between these two. No idea who AngryBirds is, but he/she seems to have interesting combo ideas with Mileena. A lot of U3 MB and a few mid-combo EX Rolls. Plays all 3 variations against Jack Ashe's Kitana. Might help with dissecting the MU maybe?

Taken last Saturday; my first time piloting Mileena in a tourney. :)

It's a small gathering but we did entertain a lot of people unfamiliar with MK (PH is primarily a SF/Tekken country as far as fighting games go).

I barely practiced against the Jacqui MU (still transitioning from Ninj-Scorp) but I barely made it! Kept slapping myself later because I completely forgot to use the low pounce when he started blocking my d3's.

Would STILL appreciate tips/advice to further advance my Mileena :)

Thanks in advance!

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I'm only 3 months in with my comp MK journey but since I almost exclusively use Ravenous I'll point out some things:

- You rely on your roll way too much. Using Mileena, guys automatically "fear" the roll. You did a bunch of naked from a pretty decent distance that should've gotten you punished.

- You relied on your tk to get in. I fall into using this sometimes but the first punish/d2 normally keeps me from using it without a read. Normally the read I'm looking for are projectiles. I personally will throw sais to build meter while baiting a projectile.

- Used your xray very early in the round. Mileena's xray gets 34% and you can go get that meterless. Plus, using all your bars that early doesn't give you a breaker option and you lose the threat of your ex ball roll (her only quick overhead)

- Against Jacqui, just duck her shots don't block. Watch for the ex version, block that.

- Good use of b12 but if you hit that you can ball roll it into a slightly bigger combo. b12 1+3 uu2 is like 20% when you could get at least 29% on an easy meterless combo outta that (b12 xx roll xx njp xx f23 xx low bounce bb1 dd2). If you MB U3 after the njp then finish the combo that'll give you 35%. I personally only settle for b12 1+3 if I'm trying to survive a round.

Thanks! I admittedly am not sure how I "close the distance/get in". Friends of mine who analyzed my matches also noticed I'm "way too YOLO for my own good". I also learned from that night that I can't "react" to Jacqui's shots (unlike my prev main, scorp).

I also admit that I tend to "panic" when barraged by safe pokes, which mean that I tend to be prone to wake up baits.

This thread's gathering dust I reckon. :)

Is this user (LOSTyGIRL) a member here?

She's got a mean Mileena if you ask me. :)

Highlights:
- Shinnok quitality
- that's a bunch of Jasons
- d3tality :) ....coz that's her only good poke.* :(

* You know she's in trouble if zoners like FA Jacqui or even Ermac have better (faster) pokes than Mileena, who's horrible at zoning herself.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
This is a rather long stream with various players and MU's against my mostly, Piercing Mileena. Lots of fun commentary during the first half of the segment to go along with it too lol. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated too; it's been a week and a half so far for me picking up the game: