What's new

Match Footage - Mileena Mileena Match Videos

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.

Whether it's tournament footage, you, a friend, or just some random guy you seen online, you can put any matches with Mileena in here :)

Premonitionist

Gonna kick this thread off with 2 of my matches that I recently uploaded to youtube.

Premonished (Piercing Mileena) vs vXTheDukeXv (Vicious Ferra/Torr)

Premonished (Ethereal Mileena) vs Secluded One (Slasher Jason) he's my brother :)

I have more but didn't want to fill this thread up with just me so if you have match videos for Mileena please share them :)

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
F2 or F23 is a good way to poke at your opponent at the beginning of a round to see he is blocking and it is safe on block. If your using Mileena Ravenous variation you can hit confirm F23 into a 11 hit combo for 35% damage.

Premonitionist

Dat uppercut into 4,U+3,1+2 kombo! *swag* I can barely pull off her BnBs online xD

Nice title for the thread btw. I could stare at her all day :oops:
Yea it's definitely an adjustment haha...also I always stare at her all day :)

Last edited:

Premonitionist

Wow, was there literally nothing you could do to win that match vs FerraTorr? That X-Ray looked like it was guaranteed...
After I did F+3 I knew I was screwed haha, it's easy to react to even online. I think u also see my brother secluded poke me out of it too lol mistakes were made.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
The Ferra/Torr match looked tricky, although I did think in the first round after you did a throw (around 0:35), a meaty low sai could have possibly won the round for you

Premonitionist

The Ferra/Torr match looked tricky, although I did think in the first round after you did a throw (around 0:35), a meaty low sai could have possibly won the round for you
I'll think about that next time I have someone that low on life and I want chip...I usually teleport or armor roll for chip but I must have thought it wasn't going to chip him out or I probably would have done it.

After I did F+3 I knew I was screwed haha, it's easy to react to even online. I think u also see my brother secluded poke me out of it too lol mistakes were made.
Well sure, mistakes happen. But I'm trying to think what you should've done, and I honestly don't know. He could technically sit and wait for any move with X-Ray could he not? Does FerraTorr's X-Ray anti-air as well?

Premonitionist

Well sure, mistakes happen. But I'm trying to think what you should've done, and I honestly don't know. He could technically sit and wait for any move with X-Ray could he not? Does FerraTorr's X-Ray anti-air as well?
I should have played safer and I probably could have waited for him to screw up, I can tell I was baiting a jump pretty hard and he wasn't doing it lol, and yes his x-ray anti-airs.

I should have played safer and I probably could have waited for him to screw up, I can tell I was baiting a jump pretty hard and he wasn't doing it lol, and yes his x-ray anti-airs.
Lol, but that's just it. How could he screw up when he knows he's sitting on the game-winning move? If you jump... X-Ray wins. If you grab... X-Ray wins. If you poke at him or projectile... X-Ray wins. Etc. (In this case, it is online... so reacting to some of that isn't unlikely)

It reminds me of one casual match I had with Tom Brady in MK9. I was winning in round 3, and he had KL X-Ray loaded. We both sat there in front of each other, blocking for like 4 whole seconds, because we BOTH knew I was screwed, lol.

I suppose maybe that would be a good time to do a stance switch just to make him THINK you hit a button. But that's all I got.

Premonitionist

Lol, but that's just it. How could he screw up when he knows he's sitting on the game-winning move? If you jump... X-Ray wins. If you grab... X-Ray wins. If you poke at him or projectile... X-Ray wins. Etc. (In this case, it is online... so reacting to some of that isn't unlikely)

It reminds me of one casual match I had with Tom Brady in MK9. I was winning in round 3, and he had KL X-Ray loaded. We both sat there in front of each other, blocking for like 4 whole seconds, because we BOTH knew I was screwed, lol.

I suppose maybe that would be a good time to do a stance switch just to make him THINK you hit a button. But that's all I got.
Yea it was kind of a pickle, he knew he would win if he got me with it but If I blocked it or avoided it he knew it was going to be a lot harder for him to win so he wanted to make sure it hit. I probably could have won playing safer still, even if he had X-Ray he would still have to open me up or react to something for it to hit. Also Ferra/Torr's X-Ray wouldn't have reached me if I backed up so I probably could have won just backing up and throwing stuff. After rewatching it I could have won if I just punished that hammer smash interactable he did.

There's a couple o my week 1 matches on the tournament forum somewhere... one against a Scorpion that just let me roll him all day so it's meh. Another one against a really good Cassie before I even knew about B12.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
There's a couple o my week 1 matches on the tournament forum somewhere... one against a Scorpion that just let me roll him all day so it's meh. Another one against a really good Cassie before I even knew about B12.
yeah know watcha mean, theres a few of me online from a day 3 tourny and i didnt even have my combos ender yet lol uppercut city

TheGabStandard

Isn't the prettiest gameplay, but any critiquing would be much appreciative.
Will watch later and give some advice :)

I entered my first MKX tournament today. Only 19 people but came 5th so I'm content. Will upload the matches in a few days so would appreciate some critique. I kinda feel I know what I need to work on but any advice would be great

B

Great stuff and brave of you to share matches with the community so we can all learn!

I'll start with the good stuff, you've got your BnB's down, not many dropped combos and you can open up into a combo from various strings, ball roll and EX teleport so good job on putting the time into practice mode to hammer that out, it's clear you've done your homework. I thought your spacing and blocking was pretty good too, you were doing things defensively that I'm envious of because it's what I personally struggle with.

Biggest thing I notice from the clips for you to work on (particularly matches against Kano) is hit confirmation. You have a lot of b1-2 pokes that land and can open up into full 30~% combos but you aren't fully punishing them. Using hit confirmation (waiting until you know if they blocked or not to input the full combo) will get you a lot more damage. To practice this go into practice mode set the bot to random block and reversal on and just run your common strings that open up into combos, if the bot blocks the string end it safely and block the reversal, if the bot is opened up follow through with a full combo.

I also feel like you can leverage Mileena's above-average projectile game more in your matches specifically against sub-zero. Using piercing you also have the Low-Sai to work with but I didn't see you throw that out at all. Once you get your inputs up to speed Mileena can put out a gauntlet of projectiles that make it difficult for characters without a teleport (like sub-zero and kano) to approach.

Again, thanks for submitting this stuff up for critique it helps us all get better. I hope this feedback helps out your game!

JaeTea

Noob
B
To practice this go into practice mode set the bot to random block and reversal on and just run your common strings that open up into combos, if the bot blocks the string end it safely and block the reversal, if the bot is opened up follow through with a full combo.!
Thanks for this!

TheGabStandard

Finally got around to watching this, apologies for the delay.

From what I saw most of what I will say is a echo of what SwagPenguin said. Your general spacing and defence was very good. I also applaud the great amount of patience you showed during the games, especially when cornered. BnBs were landed consistently with only a few drops and also made some good albeit some risky reads (what I love the most :p)

In terms for improvement hit confirming combos and general execution. There were quite a few times you hit B12 or F23 and unfortunately couldn't convert them into full punishes. I also saw a couple of attempts in B3 xx Telekick combos, practicing those more would be good because they are not easy to land in matches, but do good damage. Also you should definitely use sais more. While i applaud your patience they were times where you could throw out a sai/low sai just to be annoying. However, in the later games you did start to do that more which was good.

Hopefully this helps and I look forward to seeing more matches :)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Here's a session that I streamed just going through player matches. Earlier. This is the 1st time that I've legitimately streamed on MKX online. Don't knock me too hard LMAO. I'm not online-oriented. I also have limited access to internet to play. I usually play offline more often. I had some input errors, too. The Scorpion that I played had an awkward playstyle so I kind of had to play lame so to speak, but yeah. Hammer me with criticism. Skip past the part where I was in the lab working on a new combo that connects.

Last edited:
Here's a session that I streamed just going through player matches. Earlier. This is the 1st time that I've legitimately streamed on MKX online. Don't knock me too hard LMAO. I'm not online-oriented. I also have limited access to internet to play. I usually play offline more often. I had some input errors, too. The Scorpion that I played had an awkward playstyle so I kind of had to play lame so to speak, but yeah. Hammer me with criticism. Skip past the part where I was in the lab working on a new combo that connects.

I just started taking Mileena seriously but I want to contribute to this sub forum so here we go!

If you don't play online often I suggest doing a different bnb because the b212+3 ender is hard to time. I just use the b12 bnb.
If you're curious it's : starter xx roll, b3 xx tele sai , b12 1+3.

Your hit confirming is impressive. I didn't watch the whole thing but I didn't see many blocked starterxxrolls.

Walking up after tele kick on hit and doing 1,2,3 seems a bit risky since it gives them a lot of time to poke back etc (especially since 1 is a high). However if it works for you keep doing it of course. Maybe even mix it up with grabs and it becomes really viable. Myself I do b1,2 or just walk backwards and bait a jump or armor.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I just started taking Mileena seriously but I want to contribute to this sub forum so here we go!

If you don't play online often I suggest doing a different bnb because the b212+3 ender is hard to time. I just use the b12 bnb.
If you're curious it's : starter xx roll, b3 xx tele sai , b12 1+3.

Your hit confirming is impressive. I didn't watch the whole thing but I didn't see many blocked starterxxrolls.

Walking up after tele kick on hit and doing 1,2,3 seems a bit risky since it gives them a lot of time to poke back etc (especially since 1 is a high). However if it works for you keep doing it of course. Maybe even mix it up with grabs and it becomes really viable. Myself I do b1,2 or just walk backwards and bait a jump or armor.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I know of the b12 ender. However, I have combos offline that allows for b12, 2+4 to easily connect as an ender that leads to over 30% meterless or more. I like ending the combo of b21, 2+4 because the ender leaves them right in front of you & cannot be teched, allowing for Mileena to use her oki/tech game in anyway that she chooses. If they back dash from the ender, then b12 will hawk them down & even if they block it, you're in no real danger & you're still safe.