What's new

Match Footage - Mileena Mileena Match Videos

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
here's an online set i did against a Johnny Cage. i think i played pretty well. gonna be going to GGA next Tuesday so this was a bit of a prep for that.

Watched the set and you played very well. I was surprised that Cage didn't wake up Nutpunch at all until the very last moment but anyway, well done.

here's an online set i did against a Johnny Cage. i think i played pretty well. gonna be going to GGA next Tuesday so this was a bit of a prep for that.

Good matches, really enjoyed them.

The best part for me was the guy messaging you is someone who's send me a random Steam Friend Request. Don't know them and I don't play Online often, so I'm guessing he saw me on the Steam Community forums.

TheGabStandard

@Damaja325 Will watch your matches within the next few days and give feedback

Below are some matches that was recorded from a small tournament I went to a couple of weeks ago. It's wasn't your traditional type of tournament as it was 4 single elimination tournaments with the winner of each one going through to a Champion's Bracket. those top 4 play out until a winner.

This was a set Tournament 2

This was Tournament 4 and was for the last spot to get into the Champion's Bracket so I was quite nervous. Unfortunately the first game in this set is missing so it starts with me 1-0 up despite what the scores say.

This was my match in the Champion's Bracket

Feel free to critique as harshly as possible

Edit: forgot to mention I came 4th overall in the tournament so not too bad

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?

Below are some matches that was recorded from a small tournament I went to a couple of weeks ago. It's wasn't your traditional type of tournament as it was 4 single elimination tournaments with the winner of each one going through to a Champion's Bracket. those top 4 play out until a winner.

This was Tournament 4 and was for the last spot to get into the Champion's Bracket so I was quite nervous. Unfortunately the first game in this set is missing so it starts with me 1-0 up despite what the scores say.

Meh, I guess I'll just reply here lol.

Overall, I loved watching your sets and equally loved those air converts. My only real critique and also really just personal preference, are on your enders. Imo, I feel that 21u4 is universally her best ender midscreen or in the corner, but once you reach the corner, THAT'S when you can really take advantage of b12, 1+3 because you're NOW in range to jail them with b1. For the Tremor and Jax MU, I think it was really a case of not conditioning him to not poke back as often as he did on her safe strings.

ALSO, please don't try to grab after low sai lol....it just won't reliably, if at all, connect XD And when you end with sadistic ways, if they don't have meter, b1/b12 will stuff their wakeups reliably

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
A long AF stream I had this morning resulted in some very fun and useful sets. Primarily playing C88_Kajukenbo and his Lui Kang, amongst various other characters he used. Featured too, were @TopTierHarley , KING_MEECH_94, and FreakyD85:

C88_Kajukenbo (Lui Kang, all variations, and various other characters) My first time actually facing a highly competent Kang:

TopTierHarley (D'Vorah, all variations):

KING_MEECH_94 (Starts as mirrors, then he uses various others):

FreakyD85 (Goro, Kuatan Warrior, like my second time actually facing the character):

And lastly, a breakdown in a way of Mileena afterwards, done really for Kaju, but I figured I'd highlight it and put it here too cuz it has some extra stuff in there too:

Last edited:
Played a lot of online last night, had a close set vs a Ravenous Mileena player, michaelx2099. No idea if he's on this site. Forgive the quality, I had recorded a bunch of stuff before I started playing and the memory would've made the HD capture choppy.

There's a TON of dropped combos/punishes due to lag, but the reads are there. Fuck this mirror, lol.

On another note it's too damn hard to find good players with decent connections. Out of the five longer sets I played, this is really the only one worth putting up since either the opponent was bad, or they just had crap connections. I don't know how the rest of you guys manage to get good practice online.

btw, not my account, so please don't add. My friend may not respond if he doesn't know you.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

Played a lot of online last night, had a close set vs a Ravenous Mileena player, michaelx2099. No idea if he's on this site. Forgive the quality, I had recorded a bunch of stuff before I started playing and the memory would've made the HD capture choppy.

There's a TON of dropped combos/punishes due to lag, but the reads are there. Fuck this mirror, lol.

On another note it's too damn hard to find good players with decent connections. Out of the five longer sets I played, this is really the only one worth putting up since either the opponent was bad, or they just had crap connections. I don't know how the rest of you guys manage to get good practice online.

btw, not my account, so please don't add. My friend may not respond if he doesn't know you.
I watched the set and just a few quick things to point out taking lag into consideration.

-A lot of free jump ins from far away and cross ups. Try and get comfortable using B1 as an anti-air for far jumps.

-It seemed like you didn't use B12 enough in neutral.

-I also noticed a lot of telekicks to cover ground/read. While it is tempting to use to get in, try and keep that temptation in check lol, using TK only when you read/react to a projectile.

-In the same vain no full combo punishes on blocked TKs

Will add a detailed review tommorrow.

I watched the set and just a few quick things to point out taking lag into consideration.

-A lot of free jump ins from far away and cross ups. Try and get comfortable using B1 as an anti-air for far jumps.

-It seemed like you didn't use B12 enough in neutral.

-I also noticed a lot of telekicks to cover ground/read. While it is tempting to use to get in, try and keep that temptation in check lol, using TK only when you read/react to a projectile.

-In the same vain no full combo punishes on blocked TKs

Will add a detailed review tommorrow.
- Jump ins I tried to react to with D2, U3, And NJP, but no go. (I had some success with NJP). So if I wasn't expecting a jump, I just had to hold that. I'll put up my offline set later where you'll see a lot more AA B1s and ...better AAing in general, lol.
- Yeah I probably could have spammed B12 more. Not sure why i didn't to be honest. He jumped over a few B1s, but that shouldn't have discouraged me.
- I was trying too hard to make hard counters. Honestly I didn't need it since if I wanted to counter zone Ravenous I can low sai from that range instead.
- Yeah, at that point I was just like fuck it, get SOME damage. Though I could've Rolled since that beats it whethere she does air sai or not.

Last edited:
The mirror ya'll have been waiting for :D It was an amazing and insightful set and it felt good to play SaltFace again. The last time we played was several months, give or take(I think it was like 6), before MKX came out XD
How was the lag? I've been playing online a little more and I don't tend to find anyone with a great connection.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
How was the lag? I've been playing online a little more and I don't tend to find anyone with a great connection.
There was a bit of a delay, but it was constant, like it didn't spike or nothing so it was easy to adjust to. That kind of delay I don't run into too too frequently tbh, not that its bad, since it doesn't spike whatsoever. I usually get smooth runs or just flat out unplayable-salt inducing laggy ones lol. Its rare for me to get something in the middle XD

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Like Akro said it was a slight delay that at times affected punishes & combos but it was manageable. I was caught extremely off guard at his skill in the mirror with so little play time compared to me. In the set I wasn't getting anywhere with Ethereal & I chose to go back to my Ravenous roots.

Ugh, this kinda makes me sick tbh. I've learned a long time ago that online is best used to find shit to lab for offline, but this game in particular, if you can't counterpoke or interrupt, you can actually die. You NEED as good a connection as possible, especially if your character doesn't have relentless block pressure.

Anyway good set guys. Good to hear the lag was tolerable at least.

I took a break from the game for a while to play other things, and then started focusing on learning Assassin Kitana. Played proper as Ravenous Mileena for the first time last night in a while.

Best of three, short set with a buddy, PC Online.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"

These we're amazing i have to play you some day. And i hate the tremor match up so badly lol

Figured i would post my ESL matches for critiquing, any feedback welcomed.

Just rewatching something noticeable was Foxy punishing close range low sai. Its usually fine against most people but Foxy always caught you with the f2 so maybe if you want a low option just resign to using the f44, even if its punishable you get more damage on hit and he can only punish it with a spin I think so at least it won't be f2-hatspin-44 for max damage.

Just rewatching something noticeable was Foxy punishing close range low sai. Its usually fine against most people but Foxy always caught you with the f2 so maybe if you want a low option just resign to using the f44, even if its punishable you get more damage on hit and he can only punish it with a spin I think so at least it won't be f2-hatspin-44 for max damage.
I can agree with this. But I'm even tempted to say go with D4 vs that run-in situation over F44. True, KL wouldn't get max damage, but spin into combo or EX Spin between hits is still a momentum changer due to corner carry alone.