What's new

Match Footage - Mileena Mileena Match Videos

I like ending the combo of b21, 2+4 because the ender leaves them right in front of you & cannot be teched, allowing for Mileena to use her oki/tech game in anyway that she chooses.
Are you sure? It feels like B2,1,2+4 doesn't give enough advantage to land her F1 setup. Barely allows standing 3 depending on the speed of the wakeup. (Slides, Jacqui's flying punch thing for example.)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Are you sure? It feels like B2,1,2+4 doesn't give enough advantage to land her F1 setup. Barely allows standing 3 depending on the speed of the wakeup. (Slides, Jacqui's flying punch thing for example.)
Yeah it does. Go & look at Mr.Mileena's tutorial video or his oki/tech video & he also explains it

Yeah it does. Go & look at Mr.Mileena's tutorial video or his oki/tech video & he also explains it
I watched his oki/tech video. It was demonstrated against Quan Chi who has one of the slowest wake ups in the game (this is why people say Quan Chi's wake up game is terrible). You need to sweep against the rest of the cast or you don't have enough knock down advantage.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I watched his oki/tech video. It was demonstrated against Quan Chi who has one of the slowest wake ups in the game (this is why people say Quan Chi's wake up game is terrible). You need to sweep against the rest of the cast or you don't have enough knock down advantage.
Ok, my bad. Usually though, against some characters like Quan Chi as mentioned, she can use it to deal with them.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
It can do it depends on the wake ups. If I use the B21 ender I can reliably stuff any wake-up with a start up of 15f and higher. Any quicker wakeups I have to use 21U+4 or sweep to get enough advantage.

Any match against Scorpion? I feel she's a good match up against that bastard
I would like to know why because I feel it's not a good match.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Why do you think that?
I would like to know why because I feel it's not a good match.
It seems that almost every character is a bad match against him lol, I just felt it, in one match at fullscreen distance i punished his minions with a telekick, when i see him coming with the f4 or a mix up try for example i whiff punish him with the roll, the roll looks a good option to whiff someone

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I popped in here expecting to see a bunch of Mileena match videos. Guess I read the thread title wrong.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
I popped in here expecting to see a bunch of Mileena match videos. Guess I read the thread title wrong.
Well, so far there have been a few videos, but most of the discussion in this thread has been based off of them or asked for videos of a specific MU. Plus, not every Mileena main feels obligated to post videos in here. Just give it some time and more videos will come.

Try watching the Sonicfox vs. Zyphox video. It's pretty long and I found that one particularly helpful.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Well, so far there have been a few videos, but most of the discussion in this thread has been based off of them or asked for videos of a specific MU. Plus, not every Mileena main feels obligated to post videos in here. Just give it some time and more videos will come.

Try watching the Sonicfox vs. Zyphox video. It's pretty long and I found that one particularly helpful.
Watching it now. Thanks.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It seems that almost every character is a bad match against him lol, I just felt it, in one match at fullscreen distance i punished his minions with a telekick, when i see him coming with the f4 or a mix up try for example i whiff punish him with the roll, the roll looks a good option to whiff someone
Demons are whatever to me since I mostly use Hellfire now, and I don't see getting wiff punished as a match up specific thing..

Also, if I'm korrect, the teleport punish doesn't kombo so it isn't such a big risk to throw out demons every once in a while.

I know very little about Mileena though so if there's anything else you think makes her win, let me know.

Heres some matches with @Espio. Feel free to critique and/or call me a scrub.

He ends up playing Kitana, Johnny, Goro and Sonya.

There was a lot of freezeframe going on. But from what I saw, I dunno if Espio is just that good or what cause that Goro matchup looked unwinnable... Punch Walk is safe? I knew EX Punch Walk will beat out EX Roll, but the block pressure looks insane when your only armor move loses clean to his. Didn't see Sonya at all due to freeze frames, which is what I was most looking forward to.

Also, if I'm korrect, the teleport punish doesn't kombo so it isn't such a big risk to throw out demons every once in a while.

I know very little about Mileena though so if there's anything else you think makes her win, let me know.
If she does EX Teleport, it will combo.

TheGabStandard

Yeah ex telekick doesn't combo on a shifted minion during it's startup due to the bug which is annoying. I feel that Scorpion can play his game while staying pretty safe. Mileena can only really capitalise when Scorpion makes an mistake which isn't that often with the tools he has

Yeah ex telekick doesn't combo on a shifted minion during it's startup due to the bug which is annoying. I feel that Scorpion can play his game while staying pretty safe. Mileena can only really capitalise when Scorpion makes an mistake which isn't that often with the tools he has
What bug? I was getting it to hit last I played that MU. Does she flip sides or something?

Espio

Kokomo
There was a lot of freezeframe going on. But from what I saw, I dunno if Espio is just that good or what cause that Goro matchup looked unwinnable... Punch Walk is safe? I knew EX Punch Walk will beat out EX Roll, but the block pressure looks insane when your only armor move loses clean to his. Didn't see Sonya at all due to freeze frames, which is what I was most looking forward to.
I didn't realize the YouTube conversion was gonna do that, check out my Twitch channel in my signature for non-interrupted footage with no freeze frames. It's in the highlights section :). I dunno what it is about the conversion process that does that cause the core footage is perfectly fine. Edit: When. I get home I'll discuss Mileena/Goro and post the link when I'm not on my phone.

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Yea I dnt know what to do in the Goro MU.

TheGabStandard

What bug? I was getting it to hit last I played that MU. Does she flip sides or something?
When Scorpion does any minion Mileena in theory can do Ex-Telekick during the start-up to make the minion whiff and full combo punish. However, what happens is if you do that the first kick of Ex-Tele will hit, the rest of it will whiff, Scorpion stays grounded instead of being launched and Mileena ends up in neutral right next to Scorpion.

I still get this issue

Espio

Kokomo
Yea I dnt know what to do in the Goro MU.
More games in our future ,lots of Goro/Cage versus Mileena :).

<3

http://www.twitch.tv/espio872/c/6716756

The Sonya, Cage and Goro footage will be clear and good to go now.

In regard to Goro versus Mileena, piercing seems to be the best way to go just for the increased range/footsies and low projectile helps her out a lot to at least bide time and encourage Goro to approach more and take a few more risks.

Yoaks and I have played it with piercing versus Tigrar before as well, but the main problem is her pokes in general seem to be meh or not that good and Goro's pokes are really good in pressure up close. Punch walk is safe on block and even when blocked Mileena has to be wary of Goro's armor (like everyone else). Ex roll sometimes beats mistimed ex punch walks, but I wouldn't bank on that being super reliable.

Mileena relies on frustrating the opponent and making them hang themselves, but if you're patient, don't jump or run too much/get reckless it can be hard for her to get her game going and if Goro is patient, he doesn't have any of his core kit that leaves him at a serious disadvantage versus Mileena and if he knocks her down, it's very rough.

It's not unwinnable for Mileena by any means, Goro still has to play her game till he gets in on her or knocks her down and the come back factor is definitely there for her.

Here's another set versus @PerezzGomeZ (using Piercing Mileena) from a few weeks ago before the Goro and Mileena buffs, might be useful/insightful.

Dark_Ky

Noob
is there any footage of Mr. Mileena using her?

I really wanna level up with her but there is basically no high level representation of Mileena :(

she is still bae though..

PerezzGomeZ

I saw your girl staring homie
More games in our future ,lots of Goro/Cage versus Mileena :).

<3

http://www.twitch.tv/espio872/c/6716756

The Sonya, Cage and Goro footage will be clear and good to go now.

In regard to Goro versus Mileena, piercing seems to be the best way to go just for the increased range/footsies and low projectile helps her out a lot to at least bide time and encourage Goro to approach more and take a few more risks.

Yoaks and I have played it with piercing versus Tigrar before as well, but the main problem is her pokes in general seem to be meh or not that good and Goro's pokes are really good in pressure up close. Punch walk is safe on block and even when blocked Mileena has to be wary of Goro's armor (like everyone else). Ex roll sometimes beats mistimed ex punch walks, but I wouldn't bank on that being super reliable.

Mileena relies on frustrating the opponent and making them hang themselves, but if you're patient, don't jump or run too much/get reckless it can be hard for her to get her game going and if Goro is patient, he doesn't have any of his core kit that leaves him at a serious disadvantage versus Mileena and if he knocks her down, it's very rough.

It's not unwinnable for Mileena by any means, Goro still has to play her game till he gets in on her or knocks her down and the come back factor is definitely there for her.

Here's another set versus @PerezzGomeZ (using Piercing Mileena) from a few weeks ago before the Goro and Mileena buffs, might be useful/insightful.

Damnit Espio my mileena sucked then lol we gotta play again man,that was fun