What's new

Match Footage - Mileena Mileena Match Videos

So finally finished watching this stream. Lots of good in there, but I gotta ask why you use so much wakeup Low Sai? Seems like such a risky strat but you got it to work a few times. Curious as to your reasoning on that.

Your salty friend was hilarious. But man I felt like hitting my screen when he started complaining about Kung Lao not being able to low-profile jump ins... just fucking SPIN. Most easy-mode AA in the game. Lol.

This also highlights the fact that, when Mileena is matched up against other fair risk/reward characters, she looks like she's "fine as is". Vicious FerraTorr, while not exactly known as one of the top tiers, blew you up. I still don't get how Mileena wins that matchup myself. She has to get a knockdown and stay on him, but your turn will end eventually and Ferra will get on his back. Then the NJPs come out and counter all your advancing moves, lol.

The Mileena mirrors were the most engaging, even though that mirror is awful. Telekicks all over the place. And lol, run up grab is effective offline too.

Good stuff.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Here are a couple of the matches from the tournament I was telling you guys about. They didn't record the SZ vs Mileena MU but did get my Kung Lao and D'vorah matches. Please note that I don't train with Mileena anymore so she probably isn't as sharp as other Mileenas out there. Even in my 5 minutes of casual time I didn't run Mileena. During the D'Vorah match you can hear my friend/teammate give my opponent tips - he had no clue how to deal with my 21 whoring - I still should've won but the swarm ish kept getting me.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Here are a couple of the matches from the tournament I was telling you guys about. They didn't record the SZ vs Mileena MU but did get my Kung Lao and D'vorah matches. Please note that I don't train with Mileena anymore so she probably isn't as sharp as other Mileenas out there. Even in my 5 minutes of casual time I didn't run Mileena. During the D'Vorah match you can hear my friend/teammate give my opponent tips - he had no clue how to deal with my 21 whoring - I still should've won but the swarm ish kept getting me.

I watched the matches which were enjoyable enough but since you say you don't train with Mileena anymore I will just focus on general play. Firstly in the D'vorah match your opponent was able to jump in for free most of the time. It was only in the third match that you began to anti air, which was good but he still got free jump ins afterwards.

I also feel that you should throw more. I don't remember seeing you throw but had a few opportunities to so you should add that to your game. Other than that, well done on your tournament success.

Heres a couple from a day ago. Aside from dropped combos, not hitting roll after confirming due to lag, and the ferra/torr, first match, second round brutality fail. Give me your thoughts

Heres a couple from a day ago. Aside from dropped combos, not hitting roll after confirming due to lag, and the ferra/torr, first match, second round brutality fail. Give me your thoughts
Let me start off by saying 0:57 on the Sonya vid is inexcusable. No way should that Telekick have whiffed.

Anyway, there's some good in here. You seem to be new to the game, but you know most of your combos, and the dropped ones I'll ignore since lag. But your FIRST job from now on... is to anti-air. These guys you were playing were jumping allll over the screen, lol. Lag is a factor, but just look for them to jump and NJP/Telekick them to death until they stop. Forget about playing a decent match and just force them to respect your anti-air.

Second, that Sonya was mashing like crazy anytime you were in close. That's when you D1/D3 or armor through that nonsense. Again, lag, but after a while you can predict when they'll do this and hurt them for it. (What happened after Sonya X-Rayed you? Did he just give up?)

Third, it's easy to get into Rolling habits when you're just starting out, lol. We've all done it. So try to ease up on that. Whenever you feel like just throwing out roll, use Run instead. Run D4, Run F2, etc. In fact, Run~Grab will beat people trying to bait your Roll at that distance.

That's all I got for now, but keep posting vids man. That way we can see your progress.

Let me start off by saying 0:57 on the Sonya vid is inexcusable. No way should that Telekick have whiffed.

Anyway, there's some good in here. You seem to be new to the game, but you know most of your combos, and the dropped ones I'll ignore since lag. But your FIRST job from now on... is to anti-air. These guys you were playing were jumping allll over the screen, lol. Lag is a factor, but just look for them to jump and NJP/Telekick them to death until they stop. Forget about playing a decent match and just force them to respect your anti-air.

Second, that Sonya was mashing like crazy anytime you were in close. That's when you D1/D3 or armor through that nonsense. Again, lag, but after a while you can predict when they'll do this and hurt them for it. (What happened after Sonya X-Rayed you? Did he just give up?)

Third, it's easy to get into Rolling habits when you're just starting out, lol. We've all done it. So try to ease up on that. Whenever you feel like just throwing out roll, use Run instead. Run D4, Run F2, etc. In fact, Run~Grab will beat people trying to bait your Roll at that distance.

That's all I got for now, but keep posting vids man. That way we can see your progress.
Thanks, i actually got the game day one lol. Naked rolls have always haunted me. Ive gotten better actually. I do like using them to escape jump in pressure though. Those rolls on the ermac, i hit confirmed and they all came out late, letting him block.bs. after the f4 especially pissed me off.

As for the anti air. I try and use tk, its very inconsistent for me. When i do actually hit, i cant convert, cuz the fn sai misses more then half the time.

To pat myself on the back lol, i did beat the guys predator hqt twice before he switched to ermac

Thanks, i actually got the game day one lol. Naked rolls have always haunted me. Ive gotten better actually. I do like using them to escape jump in pressure though. Those rolls on the ermac, i hit confirmed and they all came out late, letting him block.bs. after the f4 especially pissed me off.

As for the anti air. I try and use tk, its very inconsistent for me. When i do actually hit, i cant convert, cuz the fn sai misses more then half the time.

To pat myself on the back lol, i did beat the guys predator hqt twice before he switched to ermac
Well by "new" I meant to the competitive side of things.

You have to delay the air sai. You do it later than you think and it should hit. The Roll is the iffy part since they might not be high enough to get it. Telekick on reaction to jumps tends not to work. You kinda have to predict. And Sonya/Ermac were giving you a lot of opportunities.

@flawless: Let me add on what was already mentioned. :)

No way should that Telekick have whiffed.
I'm seeing more and more "broken" (as in "it should'nt have whiffed broken"!!!) stuff.

In yesterday's tourney, I managed to escape out of Tanya's Kobu rekka pressure by using EX Fade and when I attempted to grab, it WHIFFED. (NRS! FIX NAO PLZ!!! ZZZ!.../salt). I know the feelz man. The guys playing casuals at the other tables noticed that and also gave their respective WTF faces.

What sorta added a LOT of salt to the wounds was it was the final set (losers finals, so race to 3; we were already at 2-2), the final round AND BOTH OF US WERE PRACTICALLY AT PIXEL LIFE.

Learn from my mistake; when you EX fade your way out and the opponent is still doing his strings, JUST ROLL. DON'T GRAB.

Forget about playing a decent match and just force them to respect your anti-air.
I strongly approve of this. Forget about "ranked" ratings; tourney placements matter more as far as skill is concerned. :)

In fact, Run~Grab will beat people trying to bait your Roll at that distance.
If I got a dime each time I pull this off, I can buy myself another PS4 and another copy of MKX :)

Even if it's a HORRIBLY EMBARASSING match, post away for us to critic. This ain't a MOBA forum where we go, "GO HOME D***A***!". :p

U4 would be nice too.
Low hitting roll
better D1 and D3 pokes (as it is, she's a nimble character with a heavy character's frame data)
and her MK9 d4

Thank you NRS for making us dream for them buffs. :)

Learn from my mistake; when you EX fade your way out and the opponent is still doing his strings, JUST ROLL. DON'T GRAB.

I strongly approve of this. Forget about "ranked" ratings; tourney placements matter more as far as skill is concerned. :)
That sucks. Good to know. But yeah, you should be punishing with Roll or strings anyway instead of grabs.

Low hitting roll
better D1 and D3 pokes (as it is, she's a nimble character with a heavy character's frame data)
and her MK9 d4

Thank you NRS for making us dream for them buffs. :)
Ugh... low Roll...
Chances are, if Roll hit low, it would probably lose the ability to combo after. It'd be just another "slide" attack.
U4 would be the ONLY MK9 move she could use. And I honestly think her D4 is fine... but I don't want to start a wishlist discussion on this thread.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
The first hour or so(I think, still rewatching this) is my experience on the JAX MU. Starts around 10-15:00 or so. I find that in general with Mil, you NEED to challenge your opponent and get it ingrained in them that, yeah I know I'm unsafe AF, but my options are still there to punish you:

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Why do you do so many B12/B21 into telekick? That's full combo punishable if they actually know how to, otherwise 14% d2 is painful enough

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Why do you do so many B12/B21 into telekick? That's full combo punishable if they actually know how to, otherwise 14% d2 is painful enough
The telekick reset and truthfully, because majority of the people I do it just don't respect her. In that set and amongst sooooo many others, even with them knowing she's plus after b12, they STILL try to poke back. And if they don't, the cancel let's me condition them to not press anything after b12 or b21. Mileena doesn't get the privilege of swinging all day long like someone like Kitana with no gaps(one string aside) and safe AF, so she needs to be risky to condition the opponent on EVEN her plus frames AND on hit, to not press buttons