What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
If you added the X-Ray combos found a while back, then you'll have to scratch out some of them. She really doesn't need many X-Ray combos anyway. With B3 receiving changes to it last patch, anything into roll & then B3 xxTelekick xx, X-Ray doesn't work.

Anything with roll into B3 xxX-Rayxx still does. It's not a huge loss, just posting so that people will have a heads up for it. Still, she's getting 42% maybe a little more with it.

It is. You'll need 2 bars of meter. 1 for the overhead mixup, the other for Ex Fade. Thing is we have to make ways to build it while fighting with it. She can get past 27% with no meter though. So it's still pretty strong.
Yeah it feels really viable, but it's going to be hard to adjust for me. I would always try to have 3 bars to have a safe mix up game. 1 for EX roll and 2 for breaker. However sometimes I hardly follow this rule and just ended up yolo ex rolling, just gonna have to work on my hard reads.

Noob
Far as I know, the frames on telekick and Jump kicks haven't changed. Probably landing the Ji3 too high. you kind of need a deep jump kick to connect the telekick. Same goes for JI3~airsai combos.
Will keep at it then. The telekick just not coming out at all, despite my inputs being clean on the training screen (reading only uf,d,3,d,3). Varying the speed and timing of when the inputs come in doesn't seem to help. I have noticed that doing ji,d3d3d3 will make it come out 100% but obviously too late - hence the question as to whether that's possible because of a patch change or not.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Trying to get corner combos beyond 36% with no meter is a bit rough. I try to stay away from using F3 a lot unless I have them in a situation that they fear or on knockdown.
-12 according to frame data, and if you hit on the way up it only gets worse.

Do you have a 36% meterless corner combo that doesn't start with F343? I'm still exploring Mileena's whole corner situation, trying to avoid F3 in general.

I can get 37% off of B3 (impractical).

35% off a raw NJP (dangerous).

123 xx roll, run xx B34 air sai, B21 2+4 35%.

I feel like I'm missing something ...
Sounds like a challenge, will see what I can find :)

However I do think meterless corner combos was discussed quite a bit in previous pages. I can't remember how far back you have to go but there might be something there you can use
You got it right actually. If you add Ji2's with them, it's what gets her over with no meter
Gotcha. I'm gonna hit the lab again. I can't help but feel there's a way to squeeze a few more % out of the 123 corner.
B12 xx roll, walk/run, d2, njp, B2124 37%
With the following starters you get these results:

F4 - 35%
21 - 35%
F12b4 - 38%
123 - 37%
See! I was right! ;)

Thanks @theGabStandard
You're welcome

After doing these combos though something is telling me it is possible to get 40% meterless. I don't know how right now but will see over the coming days
So nobody saw this then? Almost 15 days older.

Ahem.....:DOGE
Only 24 hours late, here's the video of the meterless corner combos I was talking about. Again, dunno if they are already well known or even better ones out there so, please guys, educate me.

Notation is:

Starter ~ roll , walk out of the corner , d2 , NJP , b212+4 (35-38%)

For max range f4 starter, I had to run out of the corner instead of walking for the combo to connect.

What's Mileena's go to after an ex roll? B3 doesn't seem to work consistently with Ex roll. I'm asking for ethereal, because usually I would just Njp into an ender in ravenous or piercing but that gives you a measly 22% in ethereal. I found something for 26% that leaves them fullscreen with no follow ups but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

-EDIT-
Just found something. I was originally doing Ex roll xx B3,4 xx Air Sai xrunx B1,2 xx Sai (26%) when I should of tried Ex roll xx B3,4 xx Air Sai xrunx 2,1,U4 (26%) smh. Idk why I didn't think to do that first, either way both combos have their uses but knockdown into F1,2 mix up game >> full screen zoning most of the time.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
What's Mileena's go to after an ex roll? B3 doesn't seem to work consistently with Ex roll. I'm asking for ethereal, because usually I would just Njp into an ender in ravenous or piercing but that gives you a measly 22% in ethereal. I found something for 26% that leaves them fullscreen with no follow ups but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

-EDIT-
Just found something. I was originally doing Ex roll xx B3,4 xx Air Sai xrunx B1,2 xx Sai (26%) when I should of tried Ex roll xx B3,4 xx Air Sai xrunx 2,1,U4 (26%) smh. Idk why I didn't think to do that first, either way both combos have their uses but knockdown into F1,2 mix up game >> full screen zoning most of the time.
The 26% combos you found are probably the best ones to use damage wise and for follow ups in Ethereal. Even in Piercing the most I can get of EX Roll is 29%

Yoaks

A spaceman
I know @Johnny San mentioned this ex Roll combo with the b2 in Ethereal and Ravenous getting buffed *ex roll xx jfk xx TK xx AS xx B2 xx cmd grab = 32%.

The trick to land this combo is when to do the jfk (Jump Forward Kick). What I've been doing is waiting a second after they are launched and once they start falling do the jfk. The lower their body. The easier the conversion.

TheGabStandard

I know @Johnny San mentioned this ex Roll combo with the b2 in Ethereal and Ravenous getting buffed *ex roll xx jfk xx TK xx AS xx B2 xx cmd grab = 32%.

The trick to land this combo is when to do the jfk (Jump Forward Kick). What I've been doing is waiting a second after they are launched and once they start falling do the jfk. The lower their body. The easier the conversion.
You know I keep forgetting about jfk xx telekick in combos, probably because I never set aside some time to actually practice doing them. Thanks for the reminder

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
F14 ~ Fade is the only time I'll whip that move out.

In response to Meter Building in Ethereal, if you play it right (fades+zoning) you'll be surprised how much meter you gain. I too was skeptical but was pleasantly surprised, however deciding on how to spend the meter is hard part.

Might be going overboard here, but do you guys think Ethereal needs more damage? Just think reaching 38-40% 1 bar would make this variation deadly.

In response to Meter Building in Ethereal, if you play it right (fades+zoning) you'll be surprised how much meter you gain. I too was skeptical but was pleasantly surprised, however deciding on how to spend the meter is hard part.

Might be going overboard here, but do you guys think Ethereal needs more damage? Just think reaching 38-40% 1 bar would make this variation deadly.
All the non-EX Fade combos are universal though. I don't know if they could buff Ethereal's combo damage without buffing Piercing and Ravenous too.

Also, yeah, it's one of the reasons I'd like a faster startup on regular fades. You could use it better in the projectile wars to build meter safely. Most projectiles will hit you unless you pre-emptively fade as it is.

Endding

All the non-EX Fade combos are universal though. I don't know if they could buff Ethereal's combo damage without buffing Piercing and Ravenous too.

Also, yeah, it's one of the reasons I'd like a faster startup on regular fades. You could use it better in the projectile wars to build meter safely. Most projectiles will hit you unless you pre-emptively fade as it is.
Yeah, I was more thinking along the lines of: Increase the damage after Ex Fade, 2 would scale of course. Or add a completely new move to Ethereal with a strong damage output. But like I said that could be overkill, maybe instead of combos for Ethereal I should focus more about little chips here and there.

I'd really love for faster start up frames on non ex fade, posted a status about that yesterday haha. I feel it's impossible to react to things with a non ex fade which sucks but I suppose it could get annoying. Mileena's fine right now, and I don't want to sound greedy but I feel Ethereal is so so close to being a strong contender for Piercing / Ravenous. Maybe we need help, or maybe we just need time in the lab to find this variation out.

I'd really love for faster start up frames on non ex fade, posted a status about that yesterday haha. I feel it's impossible to react to things with a non ex fade which sucks but I suppose it could get annoying. Mileena's fine right now, and I don't want to sound greedy but I feel Ethereal is so so close to being a strong contender for Piercing / Ravenous. Maybe we need help, or maybe we just need time in the lab to find this variation out.
I don't think faster startup on Regular Fade would be too much, but I can see how if they made it too fast she could be close to Tanya levels of annoying to catch. Lab time is always needed, and encouraged. So maybe there are setups with regular Fade that haven't been developed yet.

Endding

I don't think faster startup on Regular Fade would be too much, but I can see how if they made it too fast she could be close to Tanya levels of annoying to catch. Lab time is always needed, and encouraged. So maybe there are setups with regular Fade that haven't been developed yet.
Setups aren't really an issue, it's for example goro's projectile (online anyway) I have to Ex Fade for it to go through me. Of course I could always block but if Non Ex Fade could evade things like that we in there.

Setups aren't really an issue, it's for example goro's projectile (online anyway) I have to Ex Fade for it to go through me. Of course I could always block but if Non Ex Fade could evade things like that we in there.
An even better example could be something like Inferno Scorpion's Minions. Fade would really shine there, I believe. But still, Mileena has Roll and Telekick to get passed most projectiles anyway.

Endding

An even better example could be something like Inferno Scorpion's Minions. Fade would really shine there, I believe. But still, Mileena has Roll and Telekick to get passed most projectiles anyway.
Yeah just the little things about Non Ex Fade, and the possibilities.

Anywhom, that's enough of that we should move it to the Ethereal discussion haha, back to combos folks.

TheGabStandard

Fuck, another Uppercut into U3 link... guess I'd better start practicing it then, lol. Good find.
Thanks, if you are having a little trouble with d2 to u3 links after roll try running out and hit d2 as soon as possible when out of the corner. This should give you more time to follow up with u3

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Thanks, if you are having a little trouble with d2 to u3 links after roll try running out and hit d2 as soon as possible when out of the corner. This should give you more time to follow up with u3
Yeah, try to find the minimum distance you have to move in order to reverse the direction of the uppercut. It's not far. A short step out of the corner, quick D2. Should leave plenty of time for an U3, a NJP, 123, wherever you want to go with it.

Endding

Not sure how we fellow Ravenous(es?) are going for Meterless Corner combos but I generally use this one. Apologies if it's been noted before:

F343, Teleport ~ Sai, 123 ~ roll, walk under, D2, 2 ~ low pounce = 44%