What's new

Combo List - Mileena Mileena Combo Thread (updated feb 2016)

Method

Full Combo Punishable
If I'm remembering right, F143 ends in a HKD overhead ...
Seems I need to correct myself. Doing some tech roll lab work and it turns out that, despite looking like the mother of all hard knock downs, F143 does NOT result in an HKD. The roll is delayed due to the "face slide", but it ultimately allows your opponent to roll.

Found high damage midscreen combo in piercing for 1 bar. JiP xx 123 xx Ex Tele-kick xx Air Sai xx J.3 xx Tele-kick xx Air Sai xx Roll xx B2,1, 2+4.
Does 44%
Just tried it 30-40 times. I made it to the end but could not get the roll to connect. The link between the Ji3 and the TK is super tight. @llxPeeKABooxll?
That window to jump after Air Sai to connect JI3 is like nonexistent online lol.
So to sum up:
normal way: Ji3-down-down-3 (takes longer to cancel into tele)
shortcut way:Ji down 3-down 3 (cancels as soon as kick hits)
Ok... One of you guys better make a video on this combo because I tried it for almost an hour last night. My execution isn't even bad, but I found this to be impossible. I tried it on FerraTorr, Kotal Kahn, Jacqui, Scorpion, Ermac, Kano, Goro, and Mileena herself. Jump 3 after air sai never connected once.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Ok... One of you guys better make a video on this combo because I tried it for almost an hour last night. My execution isn't even bad, but I found this to be impossible. I tried it on FerraTorr, Kotal Kahn, Jacqui, Scorpion, Ermac, Kano, Goro, and Mileena herself. Jump 3 after air sai never connected once.
I could make a vid, but it would be a snapshot of success cherry-picked from a crop of failure. My consistency with the combo is garbage. I drop the sai, Ji3 link half the time, and I rarely hit the final roll.

Same can be said of the B34 sai run cancel BNB. Even offline, my execution is shite.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Agreed, I drop the last roll more often than not, and if I do hit the roll I'm so shocked I usually drop the ender. :p

Besides that, are you using the D3D3 trick to cancel into the TK after the Ji3? Or just a quick DD3 following the Ji3? I'm still having a lot of trouble with that part, too.

EDIT: I see from your training inputs that it's a quick DD3.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Agreed, I drop the last roll more often than not, and if I do hit the roll I'm so shocked I usually drop the ender. :p

Besides that, are you using the D3D3 trick to cancel into the TK after the Ji3? Or just a quick DD3 following the Ji3? I'm still having a lot of trouble with that part, too.

EDIT: I see from your training inputs that it's a quick DD2.
Yeah, the ender is not easy to land as well as whiffs if done too early. I wish 1 from B21 had a slightly bigger hitbox but anyway. At the moment I do quick DD3s but aim to use the shortcut soon

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Yeah, the ender is not easy to land as well as whiffs if done too early. I wish 1 from B21 had a slightly bigger hitbox but anyway. At the moment I do quick DD3s but aim to use the shortcut soon
Amen to that. A *slightly* bigger hitbox on the 1 would solve like 90% of my current execution problems.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Thanks. I still don't get how you're supposed to time the Jump 3, as I would just fly over them. If I can get to the roll part I'm good. might be easier to end with B12~Roll for the tech roll setup instead of B21,2+4.
What I found is j3 is not instant. When you jump press 3 as soon as the body starts to straighten and the head as rose to near straight (hard visual cue). Maybe this will help

Ex fade is an awesome combo extension, but I think it's only worth it to use it in some situations. Like adding the bar for vanish in the combos I posted added 4% to both of those combos. In other situations it adds more or less so you have to be the judge if your willing to spend an extra bar for that damage. However just the option of adding 3-7% damage on a combo is pretty good, but it seems vanish will only work at the start of combos while the opponent is still grounded so like after a Jip. Vanish can also replace Ex tele-kick to make some combos more easier, such as the one I posted earlier with the J3.

Mileena can get up to 46% (Jip xx 123 xx Vanish xx 4 xx Vanish xx 123 xx Tele-Drop xx Air Sai xx J3 xx Tele-Kick xx Air Sai xx Roll xx 2,1,U4) with 3 bars but I don 't think it's worth it. Seems like ethereal is better but heavily meter dependent, kind of wish Mileena had low sai in this variation.

Last edited:

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Yeah, I worry that Ethereal will be too meter dependent to be practical, but it looks fun.

Yeah, I worry that Ethereal will be too meter dependent to be practical, but it looks fun.
On the other hand, Ethereal, defensively, will be just fine. EX Roll for armor, EX Fade for evasion. She'll definitely be starving for meter if the plan is to rush down with EX Fade, though. EX Fade as a whiff punish threat should more than make up for lack of constant flashy combos. (But everyone loves flashy combos)

And her backdash is awful so EX Fade Away will definitely help there...

So I bombed at CEO. I'm changing variations after talking to Sonic Fox and Salt Face.

I've been grinding out
123~bd4,b3~dd3~bf1,f23~db4~bb3~dd2 (Ravenous)
From one of the earlier videos, I'm sure someone can translate my notation for people that don't get it, it's like 36% no meter. You can substitute an X-ray after the first b3 if you want an extra five percent, but it's semi strict and a waste of meter >.>
How do I land the F23 after the air sai! I can't get it!

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Ex fade is an awesome combo extension, but I think it's only worth it to use it in some situations. Like adding the bar for vanish in the combos I posted added 4% to both of those combos. In other situations it adds more or less so you have to be the judge if your willing to spend an extra bar for that damage. However just the option of adding 3-7% damage on a combo is pretty good, but it seems vanish will only work at the start of combos while the opponent is still grounded so like after a Jip. Vanish can also replace Ex tele-kick to make some combos more easier, such as the one I posted earlier with the J3.

Mileena can get up to 46% (Jip xx 123 xx Vanish xx 4 xx Vanish xx 123 xx Tele-Drop xx Air Sai xx J3 xx Tele-Kick xx Air Sai xx Roll xx 2,1,U4) with 3 bars but I don 't think it's worth it. Seems like ethereal is better but heavily meter dependent, kind of wish Mileena had low sai in this variation.
It is. You'll need 2 bars of meter. 1 for the overhead mixup, the other for Ex Fade. Thing is we have to make ways to build it while fighting with it. She can get past 27% with no meter though. So it's still pretty strong.

Noob
Alright, for all the sad suckers trying to grind out the link from raw Ji3 to Telekick on PC (read: me) - what's the current frame data for it in the latest patch? (I've got 8,16,32,-10,30,0)

I'm hitting it like 1/10 even with the shortcut earlier (ji,d3,d3) and while I can always hit the airsai afterwards and generally don't have a problem with most of the other stuff other than remembering to space where I njp after a roll, it's feeling like a real struggle right now to get this consistent. #runonsentences

So I bombed at CEO. I'm changing variations after talking to Sonic Fox and Salt Face.
Switching over to Ravenous? I'm actually curious as to what they said about the viability of her other variations.

Alright, for all the sad suckers trying to grind out the link from raw Ji3 to Telekick on PC (read: me) - what's the current frame data for it in the latest patch? (I've got 8,16,32,-10,30,0)

I'm hitting it like 1/10 even with the shortcut earlier (ji,d3,d3) and while I can always hit the airsai afterwards and generally don't have a problem with most of the other stuff other than remembering to space where I njp after a roll, it's feeling like a real struggle right now to get this consistent. #runonsentences
Far as I know, the frames on telekick and Jump kicks haven't changed. Probably landing the Ji3 too high. you kind of need a deep jump kick to connect the telekick. Same goes for JI3~airsai combos.