What's new

Make Wonder Woman Great Again! Just like her new movie!

What would you like to see most

• Choose which buff you get in trait

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • New usefull advancing string

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Air Dash

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Easier b3 connection on her combos

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Make parry send projectiles back, like Katanas twirl

Votes: 40 33.1%

• Total voters

Stanlos

Noob
You know, we watched Viennamilty this weekend and one of the announcers/commenters actually did ask NRS to buff Wonder Woman. But he didn't say in what way. The comments were on the players patient approach versus Forever hte King and the fact that bats and other stuff were just too much at that level.

My borther and my concerns were always around the lore which the board indicated isn't really a driver for the creation of the NRS interpretations. But looking at those matches versus the king guy does make me think that a meter burn option on parry to reflect parried projectiles sending them back faster and with stagger should be a thing. I mean, her bracelets, tiara (although it is clear that NRS gives no bleeps about the tiara these days), and lasso are like the best gear in comics. Why not have them shine?

Stanlos

Noob
The chances of any of those suggestions happening are slim to none.
:(

But true.

In the more realistic hopes, I am hoping that there will be more gear slots/storage capacitors and that there will be gear with the Themysciran breastplates gold bits sitting on the gold and red ribbed bodice (with and without pteruges or whatever) instead of the sock sweater looking material.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Before these "o'so glorious buffs" some people told me to shut up and stop complaining because WoWo was supposedly top 10.

Now that top tiers have been nerfed and WoWo has been buffed she must be top 5 right?

Then tell me why no one made it to top 16 with this character?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Before these "o'so glorious buffs" some people told me to shut up and stop complaining because WoWo was supposedly top 10.

Now that top tiers have been nerfed and WoWo has been buffed she must be top 5 right?

Some said she was top ten, most had her as middle of the pack before the patch, maybe slightly below middle of the pack. She got buffed, top tiers got nerfed, so she's probably in the upper middle of the pack now, probably 10-15 range as opposed to 20-15 range. Nobody is saying she's top 5. What's she's clearly not, though, is unviable or terrible, which is what people used to argue.

I thought a couple WoWo did make top 16 at Vienality, but I'm not sure. Either way, tournament placings don't have a direct correlation to tier lists.

shyndoa

Noob
1. Let the parry reflect projectiles.
Just look at the size of stages, you spend most of your time chasing your opponent and trying to avoid getting damaged while your opponent build meter to either send you back full screen easily or roll out.

- It's so useless imo. I love parry but it won't change anything too. many of projectiles are too fast to react 100%
Shield Toss full screen will be a better buff.

2. Let WoWo throw the opponent up in the air instead of throwing them on ground after meter burn lasso so you can combo after it.
She already hits like a truck. she doen't need that. choosing the side with the MB is better.

3. Add downward air shield slam to her base moveset.

won't change anything

4. Replace air dash buff with some kind of healing buff that allows her to heal herself.

lol

Make Air dash part of her base moveset.

why not but again, her air dash isn't the same than IGAU.

She's a good character. she only lose against top tier character or heavy zoners.

Raf and I didn't make top 16 at Viennality. We loose against King, Raf lost against foxy who play deadshot. And we killed each other. it was top 17 I think

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
What kind of argument is this? Sonic won with Captain Cold, which doesn't mean that the character isn't rubbish.
That is kind of the point, almost every character has tools to make them viable at the top, some sort of abilities or moves to build around to compete at the highest level.

Currently WoWo is one of the ones who doesn't and cannot.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Some people are so invested in this low tier character that they refused to see how bad she is.

Stages are big you can easily reflect a project from full screen which will help you to move in.

Meterburn shield toss is the only special move that extends the combo and you need to be close to your opponent to actually make use of it. Having WoWo throw the opponent up in air after meterburn lasso will give her a much more useful combo extender tool which is in great need of. She hits like a truck but she ain't doing shit if she ain't close enough.

I remember NRS team mentioning how she is a hard hitting character like black adam and superman but they forgot to mention that she doesn't have their tools.

Downward air shield slam would help a lot when combined with air dash.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
What kind of argument is this? Sonic won with Captain Cold, which doesn't mean that the character isn't rubbish.
Captain cold is far from rubbish. The fact that he can charge his trait while the effects of trait are active gives him huge advantage and he can damage you from anywhere on stage unlike WoWo who has to turtle her way in and then try to open up her opponent which isn't guaranteed

shyndoa

Noob
I don't know. Looks like wowo's players try to rushdown with her...

She needs to bait, whiffs punish to open her opponent.
I don't wanna play her without using my brain. You need to be smart, and a lot of patience to outplay your opponent.
She has tools. Bracelet reflecting projectiles is really useless, trust me. Against Deadshot, supergirl it won't work
Or maybe just change the recovery b112 on hit to allow her to convert.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me

@AK XEN0M0RPH made top 8 at Dreamhack, want to say he finished 2nd overall?

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
Captain cold is far from rubbish. The fact that he can charge his trait while the effects of trait are active gives him huge advantage and he can damage you from anywhere on stage unlike WoWo who has to turtle her way in and then try to open up her opponent which isn't guaranteed
Nothing is guaranteed. How you open up your opponent is based on your skill level, reads, the opponent's defense, etc. She certainly has the tools to open up people. She has tools to get in too. Does she get in immediately like black adam's almost full screen dive kick. No. Can she walk and duck and parry projectiles? Yes. Does everyone want to do that? No. And that's fine. Maybe WW is not the character for you. Maybe you want a character that can get in on zoners without dealing with their projectiles. We saw how whiteboi proved everyone wrong about scarecrow at CEO and he dealt with projectiles by just patiently ducking and inching forward. Did he successfully do it every time? No. He had 3/5 matches to adjust and figure it out. He's also an amazing player. Against zoners you really need to inch your way in and be patient. Once you're in range you need to make it count. You can already build meter as you parry your way in. You can also harass with instant air shield toss. Just have to use all her tools. It takes a while to get good with her and you can't auto pilot with her.

i loved inj 1 wonderwoman but havent touched new one- but i gotta admit inj1 ww was cheap af. i would hkd, do instant af airdash to either low or oh starter, she had safe af strings, could zone and anti zone, and my fav part was switching stances. id combo

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
So many people in denial or could it be you guys don't want to see Wonder Woman truly become viable?

Scarecrow has lot more range than Wonder Woman + teleport.

No matter how fast projectile is at full screen you ll be able to parry it.

The purpose of reflect would be to deter your opponent from throwing projectile after projectile which ll allow you to move in.

This why she needs some changes to mb lasso and air dash/ downward air shield slam added to her base moveset.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

I genuinely feel it has to do with the fact that WW in this game is the biggest bitch of a woman you'll ever encounter in the history of people.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
So many people in denial or could it be you guys don't want to see Wonder Woman truly become viable?

Scarecrow has lot more range than Wonder Woman + teleport.

No matter how fast projectile is at full screen you ll be able to parry it.

The purpose of reflect would be to deter your opponent from throwing projectile after projectile which ll allow you to move in.

This why she needs some changes to mb lasso and air dash/ downward air shield slam added to her base moveset.
What is your definition of viable as this is probably where the disconnect is.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
The character who either has tools to deal damage from full screen or ways to get in.
So by your definition, bane, level 1 and 2 trait canary, the flash, robin, to name a few, are not viable? They can't do damage from the other end, nor can they teleport, air dash, dive kick in.

Stanlos

Noob

Looking at the matches the zoning was just too much especially with MASSIVE amount of meter Forever built tossing batarang after batarang. From what I have seen it seems like NRS really likes zoning and so even though WW is known to easily return enemy fire (literally while blindfolded) I don't think they will do an adequate interpretation of her comic book self because she laughs at zoning and to them zoning is The Thing. They have characters with easy mode multihit zoning options but WW parry takes a real life Amazon to reliably consistently parry 3 hit slower moves. It is bizarre.

But it is what it is I guess. I am just happy for Starfire fans as, like Supergirl, NRS did an amazing job on their first try. Maybe the fourth times the charm with WW.....