What's new

Make Wonder Woman Great Again! Just like her new movie!

What would you like to see most

• Choose which buff you get in trait

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • New usefull advancing string

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Air Dash

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Easier b3 connection on her combos

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Make parry send projectiles back, like Katanas twirl

Votes: 40 33.1%

• Total voters

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Dude you have to take into account that most of this is just player preference. If Sonic fox would have picked Wonder Woman the way he picked Joker you would have a Wonder Woman in top 8. Does that make her top tier? would that convince you? Some characters aren't picked not because they are bad but simply because the players who made top 50-40-30-16-8 just don't like the character. Maybe they don't play females, maybe they do but they just don't like WW because she is a bitch in story mode, Maybe they prefer to play scarecrow, maybe someone told them that deadshot is a better character and they believed them. Not all mains are decided based on their subjective tier placement. Most of it is just player preference.
If sonicfox had picked WoWo he would have been out of tournament before losers final. And it ain't about character preference specially with sonicfox who became popular by using female characters.

I might be filthy casual but I have followed the competitive scene long enough to understand what makes a character really bad.

Joker is not a top tier but he has the tools to compete.

Joker, Flash, Supergirl, Black Adam, Aquaman and Batman are some of well designed characters. The difference is AQ, BA and BM hit like a truck, cover whole screen and have many safe options to open up their opponents. The other 3 have the tools to compete but not the same advantages and that is what separates them tier wise.

WoWo is just different kind of bad.

Q. What is her gameplan?
A. She doesn't have one, she has to adjust her gameplan according to her opponent and wait for her opponent to make mistake.

Q. Where does she spend her most of time on screen.
A. At distance from her opponent, most likely at fullscreen.

Q. What are her options at full screen?
A. None

Q. How do you get in?
A. By slowly inching forward

Q. How do you stay close?
A. You can't because your opponent managed to build some meter while you were inching forward at turtle pace and now he can easily escape.

Q. How do you open up your opponent?
A. Either they make a mistake or you spend some meter on F3/B3 to try to open em up.

Q. Why can't you use lasso grab or shield bash to close the distance?
A. You can't because these moves knock your opponent far away even if you spend some meter.

Q. What are her good normal options that allow her to get in? Any advancing strings?
A. Meh.

The thing is that she struggled in Inj 1 against zoning but it was manageable because she had options to close the distance e.g Air dash, Amazonian dive punch and straight air punch. They took those moves away and replaced them with nothing. Now we have character who not only struggles against zoning but doesn't have means to deal with it.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I seriously don't understand NRS thinking process. They give multiple characters projectile reflect parry in MKX where zoning is very weak save few characters but WoWo doesn't get projectile parry in Injustice where zoning is not only prevalent but also the best way of dealing damage.

Edit: There are 3 main reasons why she deserves projectile reflect parry.

1. It's part of her lore
2. This game needs someone with projectile reflecting parry
3. It ll help this poor low tier character who also has the blandest design in the game.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I seriously don't understand NRS thinking process. They give multiple characters projectile reflect parry in MKX where zoning is very weak save few characters but WoWo doesn't get projectile parry in Injustice where zoning is not only prevalent but also the best way of dealing damage.

Edit: There are 3 main reasons why she deserves projectile reflect parry.

1. It's part of her lore
2. This game needs someone with projectile reflecting parry
3. It ll help this poor low tier character who also has the blandest design in the game.
Those are not good reasons.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I don't know how any of you who actually think her current parry is bad.

Not only does she get a damage buff but she can also ignore some frame traps with it along with fill her gaps within some of her strings and then full combo punish or go for a reversal grab. Which does better damage then most command grabs like Scarecrows.

She even out damages Superman when she successfully parries f23.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
All this thread has shown me is that most Wonder Woman mains spend their time reading comics instead of labbing the character
Or, you know, she's not that good and is the only legacy character changed.... for the worse, WAY worse.

If you disagree you haven't played as Aquaman or Superman this game, who are largely untouched and great yet WoWo, who was great last game, got F'd up.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Or, you know, she's not that good and is the only legacy character changed.... for the worse, WAY worse.

If you disagree you haven't played as Aquaman or Superman this game, who are largely untouched and great yet WoWo, who was great last game, got F'd up.
Bane and Flash got way worse too. Sorry your character isn't as dumb as she used to be.

If the only prerequisite for needing buffs is to not be as good as superman or aquaman then I'm totally down for the scarecrow buffs.

Do I think that she could probably use a couple things here and there? Yeah. But she doesn't need to be reworked from the ground up.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Bane and Flash got way worse too. Sorry your character isn't as dumb as she used to be.

If the only prerequisite for needing buffs is to not be as good as superman or aquaman then I'm totally down for the scarecrow buffs.

Do I think that she could probably use a couple things here and there? Yeah. But she doesn't need to be reworked from the ground up.
^This guy's mad^

And clueless if he thinks what they did to Flash or Bane is even close to what they did to WoWo.

Stanlos

Noob
I don't know how any of you who actually think her current parry is bad.

Not only does she get a damage buff but she can also ignore some frame traps with it along with fill her gaps within some of her strings and then full combo punish or go for a reversal grab. Which does better damage then most command grabs like Scarecrows.

She even out damages Superman when she successfully parries f23.
My question about this is: how do you avail yourself of the damage buff from parry? The I2 doesn't seem to go active as quickly as it did in IGAU and on success the advantage in time seems too small to interrupt or get going before they hit you again. In another thread it was said you can do multiple parries to get each blow in say Supes meter burn punch.

But I got totally mauled.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm not really a lore person, so maybe someone can help me with this. Is WW able to fly due to her being a demi-goddess, or is the flight due to it being a "blessing" from Hermes? If it's due to being a blessing, I think it makes a little more sense why they have air dash as a trait thing instead of including it in the core kit.
WW just flies. It's part of her natural skillset, like Superman or Supergirl. There's no good reason for her to be so grounded in this game.

Stanlos

Noob
The traited powers works more for Shazam users than WW. The individual powers were collected and saying the word gives you access to powers making up the word. Whether go by her classic origins or her more recent demigoddess one the powers are hers and intrinsic. She doesn't call them down.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
If sonicfox had picked WoWo he would have been out of tournament before losers final. And it ain't about character preference specially with sonicfox who became popular by using female characters.

I might be filthy casual but I have followed the competitive scene long enough to understand what makes a character really bad.

Joker is not a top tier but he has the tools to compete.

Joker, Flash, Supergirl, Black Adam, Aquaman and Batman are some of well designed characters. The difference is AQ, BA and BM hit like a truck, cover whole screen and have many safe options to open up their opponents. The other 3 have the tools to compete but not the same advantages and that is what separates them tier wise.

WoWo is just different kind of bad.

Q. What is her gameplan?
A. She doesn't have one, she has to adjust her gameplan according to her opponent and wait for her opponent to make mistake.

A. At distance from her opponent, most likely at fullscreen.

A. None

Q. How do you get in?
A. By slowly inching forward

A. You can't because your opponent managed to build some meter while you were inching forward at turtle pace and now he can easily escape.

A. Either they make a mistake or you spend some meter on F3/B3 to try to open em up.

A. You can't because these moves knock your opponent far away even if you spend some meter.

Q. What are her good normal options that allow her to get in? Any advancing strings?
A. Meh.

The thing is that she struggled in Inj 1 against zoning but it was manageable because she had options to close the distance e.g Air dash, Amazonian dive punch and straight air punch. They took those moves away and replaced them with nothing. Now we have character who not only struggles against zoning but doesn't have means to deal with it.
So so so much wrong with your perspective and kinda illustrating just how casual you are...

Q. What is her gameplan?
A. Pretty simple, either gets a life lead and turtles, which can be done within the first 2 seconds on the match, or walk the opponent down to lock them in the corner, or juggle the two as needed. It isn't rocket science.

A. Anywhere she needs to be. Ain't rocket science. If you don't need to engage, you stay away. If you need to move in, she has a half screen advancing special and a massive JI3.

A. None. Neither does a good chunk of the rushdown characters. Fullscreen presence doesn't equal good. Blue Beetle has fullscreen options, as does Supergirl or Firestorm, yet where are their godlike placements?

Q. How do you get in?
A. Being smart and patient, jumping on reaction, bashing on reaction, and again, being a smart player overall.

A. Simple. Stay in lasso and shield ranges. They can't touch you but you can punish their attempts for trying. It's not that complex.

A. F3/B3 = wrong. She lacks an actual mix, but she has safe specials and jump ins so again, IF you're smart, you will keep chipping away at them until they get frantic and try to challenge her range and safety. MKX Kitana had no mix yet SOMEHOW, she was getting combos going. I wonder why...

A. Um, you can? Her moveset is designed around a midrange game so I don't really see why you would want to stay upclose? Even though you still can, but just wondering.

A. Well since you believe she MUST be played upclose, I don't think answering this will get through to you.

Last edited:

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
My personal opinion is that ww, currently, is suppose to capatilize on your oponnents mistakes. The whole issue about zoning, i think, is out of the question after what we've seen at ceo. However, if your opponent doesnt make a mistake and is fundamentally well rounded then it becomes difficult for WW. Id like non-randomized trait though... That be pretty awsome. Maybe make f2 faster "thats the low right?"

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So so so much wrong with your perspective and kinda illustrating just how casual you are...

Q. What is her gameplan?
A. Pretty simple, either gets a life lead and turtles, which can be done within the first 2 seconds on the match, or walk the opponent down to lock them in the corner, or juggle the two as needed. It isn't rocket science.

A. Anywhere she needs to be. Ain't rocket science. If you don't need to engage, you stay away. If you need to move in, she has a half screen advancing special and a massive JI3.

A. None. Neither does a good chunk of the rushdown characters. Fullscreen presence doesn't equal good. Blue Beetle has fullscreen options, as does Supergirl or Firestorm, yet where are their godlike placements?

Q. How do you get in?
A. Being smart and patient, jumping on reaction, bashing on reaction, and again, being a smart player overall.

A. Simple. Stay in lasso and shield ranges. They can't touch you but you can punish their attempts for trying. It's not that complex.

A. F3/B3 = wrong. She lacks an actual mix, but she has safe specials and jump ins so again, IF you're smart, you will keep chipping away at them until they get frantic and try to challenge her range and safety. MKX Kitana had no mix yet SOMEHOW, she was getting combos going. I wonder why...

A. Um, you can? Her moveset is designed around a midrange game so I don't really see why you would want to stay upclose? Even though you still can, but just wondering.

A. Well since you believe she MUST be played upclose, I don't think answering this will get through to you.
This guy gets it

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
My personal opinion is that ww, currently, is suppose to capatilize on your oponnents mistakes. The whole issue about zoning, i think, is out of the question after what we've seen at ceo. However, if your opponent doesnt make a mistake and is fundamentally well rounded then it becomes difficult for WW. Id like non-randomized trait though... That be pretty awsome. Maybe make f2 faster "thats the low right?"
That's the thing though. If they're making no mistakes, she's building meter and chipping them out while they just hold it all. Assuming they're blocking. If they're playing sound and challenging jumps, range and plus frames, she has the means to now play around that and punish them for it, until they respect that, and start eating more chip until they try something else and the cycle continues.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
That's the thing though. If they're making no mistakes, she's building meter and chipping them out while they just hold it all. Assuming they're blocking. If they're playing sound and challenging jumps, range and plus frames, she has the means to now play around that and punish them for it, until they respect that, and start eating more chip until they try something else and the cycle continues.
I think she's a buff or 2 away from being high mid, which is why im sticking with her. She really compliments that methodical playstyle. I think some people dont understand that. Btw what's your thoughts on the red hood match up?

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I think she's a buff or 2 away from being high mid, which is why im sticking with her. She really compliments that methodical playstyle. I think some people dont understand that
I think she's a buff away from being top 5. She compliments methodical playstyles but she's designed so far from mid as is. She's literally nowhere near bottom or mid. She can go toe to toe with Superman, Adam, Atrocitus, Scarecrow (she beats him), Aquaman, and Catwoman, all top tiers. She has the means to handle them or beat them, so that means she has (and she does) have the means to deal with everyone else. The only issue lies with specific MU's where their tools can only really be answered by a good D2 like Darksieds tp, which she doesn't have but it only affects that MU and GL.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I think she's a buff away from being top 5. She compliments methodical playstyles but she's designed so far from mid as is. She's literally nowhere near bottom or mid. She can go toe to toe with Superman, Adam, Atrocitus, Scarecrow (she beats him), Aquaman, and Catwoman, all top tiers. She has the means to handle them or beat them, so that means she has (and she does) have the means to deal with everyone else. The only issue lies with specific MU's where their tools can only really be answered by a good D2 like Darksieds tp, which she doesn't have but it only affects that MU and GL.
Thoughts on the redhood mu?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I am not sure about placements but I do agree that she can't be a shitter when she does ok against top tiers and no one in the cast destroys her. She just requires a lot of work with clean methodical play compared to other easier to play characters.

Simple fact is regardless of how she is compared to the lore, IGAU or the film, the character is what she is. We should assume no changes are coming and pull together to discuss strategies, MUs, tech etc especially with a technical character like WoWo. Akro has done some great work in sharing knowledge recently but it shouldn't be all down to him either (can't forget wselak, shyndoa and facelessman as well).

As for those who dislike the character as she is, I get it. It totally sucks that the character you love is nothing like what she should be. But that same energy spent in venting your frustration can be channeled into something more positive.

Last edited:
So, I play Wowo the most offline as far as I know. I go to two weeklies NLBC and The Break. The Wowo downplay is SERIOUS (including myself) I think she's exactly 10 in the tier list.

I don't think she NEEDS any of this stuff. If they change her trait to be chosen that will negatively impact either the duration, cooldown, or both of her trait.

One thing I think she needs that would help considerably is to gain extra meter on a successful parry. So if she parries a few projectiles she'll earn a meter.

Some nice to haves would be:

- the ability to side switch lasso grab
- no gap in 113
- make standing regular shield toss a little safer

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
So, I play Wowo the most offline as far as I know. I go to two weeklies NLBC and The Break. The Wowo downplay is SERIOUS (including myself) I think she's exactly 10 in the tier list.

I don't think she NEEDS any of this stuff. If they change her trait to be chosen that will negatively impact either the duration, cooldown, or both of her trait.

One thing I think she needs that would help considerably is to gain extra meter on a successful parry. So if she parries a few projectiles she'll earn a meter.

Some nice to haves would be:

- the ability to side switch lasso grab
- no gap in 113
- make standing regular shield toss a little safer
I agree with the side switch, but only because Aquaman for whatever stupid reason can choose his side, so why can't we. That's it. The gap is honestly whatever because it isn't a string to use upclose, but it'd be nice to no gap either way.

-She needs a faster D2, the more pros you play, the more you'll notice its pretty inferior to the rest of the cast
-She needs a better sweep so that we actually have reason to use it and utilize its low profiling properties
-She needs an active B2; you'll also notice it going through opponents as you start to incorporate it more
-Bracelets need a speed buff, not a meter build buff; she builds great meter as is
-Choosing trait would help tremendously because no one buff is going to be a staple. Each one has its own specific use and some are rather useless in certain MU's even Hermes and Athena which most people think are the go-to's