What's new

Make Wonder Woman Great Again! Just like her new movie!

What would you like to see most

• Choose which buff you get in trait

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • New usefull advancing string

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Air Dash

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Easier b3 connection on her combos

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Make parry send projectiles back, like Katanas twirl

Votes: 40 33.1%

• Total voters

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm not really a lore person, so maybe someone can help me with this. Is WW able to fly due to her being a demi-goddess, or is the flight due to it being a "blessing" from Hermes? If it's due to being a blessing, I think it makes a little more sense why they have air dash as a trait thing instead of including it in the core kit. I'm probably on an island with this, but I don't mind the random trait. I just wish the indivudial blessings lasted longer and had a stronger affect on WW's gameplay, to give players more of an incentive to go for Trait and then adapt their playstyle to the blessing received. If they buff anything of WW's, I'd rather it be her trait.

Parasurama

Dragon
I'm not really a lore person, so maybe someone can help me with this. Is WW able to fly due to her being a demi-goddess, or is the flight due to it being a "blessing" from Hermes? If it's due to being a blessing, I think it makes a little more sense why they have air dash as a trait thing instead of including it in the core kit. I'm probably on an island with this, but I don't mind the random trait. I just wish the indivudial blessings lasted longer and had a stronger affect on WW's gameplay, to give players more of an incentive to go for Trait and then adapt their playstyle to the blessing received. If they buff anything of WW's, I'd rather it be her trait.

I do not see any reason why it can't be controlled.. she can decide which god she seeks help from.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I do not see any reason why it can't be controlled.. she can decide which god she seeks help from.
I'd be fine with it being controlled/non-random. I don't hate the random trait as much as others, but being able to choose the blessing would make her a much more interesting character than she is now.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
So, taking a stab at what may help. Help in the sense that I’m not seeking to change her, make adjustments that won’t conflict with the gear situation, and keep her interesting to the people that currently like playing her (insert jokes here.) It’s primarily blessing buffs, because they are mostly pretty lame and if they are going to be random then they should be genuinely useful, if not a little frightening. Right now, trait isn’t scary and I don't really care if a WoWo player has one or not. We could just write off trait and try to change her base play, or make her really scary when the trait is on, which is the direction this travels in. Some of it is probably more wishful thinking than realistic, but it's for fun and all of that.

First off, we aren’t getting non-random trait due to complications with existing gear moves. BUT, that doesn’t mean we can’t reduce the random. There are five blessings, so what if holding a vertical or horizontal direction reduced the randomness by limiting it to one of two sets of three instead of all five, while neutral is all five like now (5 to allow ignorance to fallback to all traits.) It’s not ideal due to he uneven likelihood on one of the traits (Demeter's Spirit?), but it is something that can fit in the current state of the game. A compromise; one I don't expect anyone to love.

Obligatory make air dash permanent comment. With blessing give her a bit more range than base dash and enable side switching for cross ups like SG. That keeps the blessing useful, even if it is a little less exciting. Maybe make bash travel more.

Give the bracelet trait more stuff. I’ve been vocal about not changing the parry’s default behavior, but the blessing is so basic that there is room to pump it up a little there. I’d kind of like to see you be able to charge the bracelets by absorbing projectiles – up to 3 levels. When the buff ends the power causes a shock wave (think movie) similar to the Predator move in MKX. Low level can disrupt combos, and on third level it launches. Additionally, let the player manually discharge it in a beam similar to Green Lantern’s move, with the beam going full screen. I don’t know that this is particularity canon, but just seeking to breath a little life into the stale blessing and give her something to use either up close or at a distance as needed. It might be considered too much for a blessing, but it sounds like fun.

For the shield blessing, I don’t know that absorbing projectiles on shield toss is all that useful in practice. Go ahead and leave it, but also add armor to shield bash – I’m going as far as to say two hits of armor. The point being to be able to trade damage for getting in by plowing through projectiles. Using armor might have to burn trait up time. I'm probably more serious about this one than the others. Being able to force her way in feels significant.

Lastly, it would also be nice if MB lasso was little more than just paying for a little extra damage. Not totally sure what, but I wouldn’t mind be able to choose the direction you toss the opponent. Also, and this might not be useful, maybe MB causes a second hit if it doesn’t connect. One that strikes mid with lots of pushback to discourage trying to creep under. Maybe it knocks down with light dmg on hit so you can run in or run away as you see fit. I don't know that that really fits with established trends in the game, but there it is. I'd settle for paying for the side switch.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Okay...so I tried to stay away from this thread and others, but this is honestly a hot mess. I understand the frustration, I literally expressed my own salt throughout streams before release and during on how her lore wasn't honored and was skeptical on her design. Having the experience with her now, she needs a couple of tweaks, yes, but you guys are literally asking for an entirely new character, and one that may honestly be worse off than how she currently is.

She only has about 4-5 losing MU's and that's only because one, those characters are absurd as is like Deadshot and Batman, and two, her core moveset like her d2, sweep, and air mobility (this I actually agree with, either give back the airdash or let us select the buff) make it harder than it needs to be to navigate around certain zoning and/or punishing air movement such as with Darkseid and Cyborg. That's literally it.

Every single other MU she has , she has the means to keep up and/or win them. She is far from a bad character. She may not be the most visually appealing or honor the lore or have nasty dirt, but her moveset and the meta doesn't require it from her.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Here are her pro's, listed again because the majority here seem to exaggerate and only focus on her cons, or cons that don't actually even exist.

Pros:
- Amazing damage
- FULLY invincible wakeup
- One of the strongest neutrals in the game
- One of the strongest midranges in the game
- Oppressive corner game
- Can switch between defensive/turtling to rushing down and pressuring at any given point
- Has a zoning game that can be used in the air as well
- 6f D1, into D12 than can be hit confirmed into a full bnb
- If you're smart and know how to use the character, pretty much all of her specials are safe, MB or not; which equals great chip
- Parry, whether you get a punish or not, negates any damage you take; that's a pretty big deal if its not obvious yet that not taking damage WHILE building meter helps tremendously
- Parry again, gives a nice damage buff and is very much practical if you know what you're doing
- Any trait buff aside from Demeter and Hermes boost her damage tremendously; I literally have game footage of getting the Artemis buff, getting a successful and PRACTICAL parry, and taking 60% health away from a punish after
- She actually has great meter build; I'll link below a set I had where I built bar for 2 supers in the last match, and was still burning specials
- Builds 1/3 of bar on midscreen bnbs, almost half on side switching midscreen bnbs, and builds half a bar on corner bnbs

Cons:
- Slow D2
- Slow and short ranged sweep
- Short ranged grab
- Inactive B2 and occasionally inactive D2; the lasso will literally travel through them
- Slow super
- Won't gain too much damage without meter, but that's honestly fine because with bar she's hitting hard asf, like how Raven was in INJ1

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
- Any trait buff aside from Demeter and Hermes boost her damage tremendously; I literally have game footage of getting the Artemis buff, getting a successful and PRACTICAL parry, and taking 60% health away from a punish after
Please show me this, i need motivation to go learn these parry timings for her.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
6F starting punishes from meterless to 2 bars, midscreen and corner. Also showing that reacting to MBb3's or gaps can still net you this, as well as standing 3 combos that will hit players during the recovery of their B3/F3 that are parried:

Lmfao at the bags at the end. I really enjoy watching your WW. It's helped me learn a lot in matches. Keep it up.

I do agree with what you say she excels at and what she really needs in terms of tweaking. She doesn't need a whole lot, just some slight changes and she'd be fine.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
6F starting punishes from meterless to 2 bars, midscreen and corner. Also showing that reacting to MBb3's or gaps can still net you this, as well as standing 3 combos that will hit players during the recovery of their B3/F3 that are parried:

Dude these are awesome! Thanks for posting.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Seems like her only real downfall is tough zoning matchups. I'm becoming more a fan of either giving her air dash and keeping the other blessings random, or simply letting her select the blessing. If I had to lean towards one, I'd be in favor of letting her select the blessing. That way players would be able to build a more reliable strategy with her.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
It seems kitana prime was the only one in top 50 who used Wonder Woman at CEO but he didn't win anything with her.

This character is in serious need of help to be viable, few victories against somewhat decent players online doesn't make her good.

She loses to all characters with strong zoning except blue beetle which is 5-5 IMO.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
It seems kitana prime was the only one in top 50 who used Wonder Woman at CEO but he didn't win anything with her.

This character is in serious need of help to be viable, few victories against somewhat decent players online doesn't make her good.

She loses to all characters with strong zoning except blue beetle which is 5-5 IMO.
If you're going to go the online warrior route, then I'm finding it hard to see how your opinion on MUs will now matter, given the above statement.

So I guess playing with Scar, Semij, Kevo, Destroyer, Madzin, ForeverKing and more just don't count at all huh? And going even or winning even after running the MU, dosent matter either too.

If you wanna stick to the online side, by all means go ahead, it isn't false, but this net code has been made so online can be played competitively so I'm failing to see how YOUR online input now trumps over the rest.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
If you're going to go the online warrior route, then I'm finding it hard to see how your opinion on MUs will now matter, given the above statement.

So I guess playing with Scar, Semij, Kevo, Destroyer, Madzin, ForeverKing and more just don't count at all huh? And going even or winning even after running the MU, dosent matter either too.

If you wanna stick to the online side, by all means go ahead, it isn't false, but this net code has been made so online can be played competitively so I'm failing to see how YOUR online input now trumps over the rest.
I said online because most of time people you play with are either bad or somewhat decent. Madzin, scar and semij are great players but so are you. Take a look at whiteboi and his scarecrow, he won because of his skills and his opponents lacking matchup knowledge. Just because he won doesn't mean scarecrow is top tier or even top 10, similarly just because you had success that doesn't mean WoWo is viable.

Here are results if anyone is interested.

Injustice 2 — Results

1. Whiteboi (Scarecrow)
2. Slayer (Aquaman, Superman, Black Adam)
3. FOX|SonicFox (Black Adam, Darkseid, Joker)
4. Circa|Forever King (Batman, Black Adam)
5. Noble|Dragon (Aquaman, Poison Ivy)
5. EMPR|Theo (Aquaman, Superman)
7. PND|Madzin (Atrocitus, Bane, Darkseid)
7. Noble|Iluusions (Batman, Green Arrow, Deadshot, Black Adam)

9. Biohazard (Harley Quinn, Bane)
9. Noble|Semiij (Catwoman)
9. Method|SylverRye (Batman, Aquaman)
9. PG|Hayatei (Robin)
13. BxA|Burrito Voorhees (Black Adam, Bane)
13. Rise|MenaRD (Black Adam)
13. NASR|Tekken Master (Atrocitus, Black Adam)
13. PG|Coach Steve (Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd)

17. T7G|Gross (Green Lantern)
17. NS|DJT (Green Lantern, Atrocitus)
17. DF|Grr (Bane)
17. PxP|A Foxy Grampa (Deadshot, Catwoman)
17. BxA|Star Charger (Catwoman)
17. DR|Viking (Atrocitus)
17. Method|REO (Catwoman)
17. FOX|Scar (Superman)

25. PG|Kitana Prime (Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman)
25. F3|Alucard (Aquaman)
25. Lord Pnut (Dr. Fate)
25. DEG (Harley Quinn)
25. Rico Suave (Black Adam)
25. HZRDS|KevoDaMan (Black Adam, Superman)
25. Buffalo (Superman)
25. Mattix

33. Noobe (Cheetah)
33. Kinetic Skeezer (Superman)
33. Sensei|ExcitedBeast
33. Perfect Legend (Superman)
33. OD|Atai (Catwoman)
33. King Raj (Aquaman, Firestorm)
33. Michaelangelo (Atrocitus)
33. Fable|Destroyer (Atrocitus)
33. C88|Splash (Aquaman)
33. OD|Alcatraz (Cheetah)
33. EMP|KDZ (Aquaman, Superman)
33. Royale
33. WoundCowboy
33. TheGreatShake
33. The Magician (Flash, Black Adam)
33. BlindDucky

49. BxA|Eevee (Harley Quinn)
49. EXILE|FullAuto (Deadshot)
49. STDx|2eZ (Atrocitus)
49. Noble|BeyondToxin (Black Adam, Scarecrow)
49. Princess Slim (Aquaman)
49. Han Rashid (Deadshot)
49. HandySavage (Catwoman)
49. Heel Argenrost
49. One87|Vendetta
49. Awkward Sloth
49. JWE|Compbros (Superman)
49. D. R.
49. Conmystro
49. Jonnitti
49. Circa|Nicky (Aquaman)
49. Kombat Houston

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

The problem with half those characters is that it's not primarily the zoning that is the problem in the MU.

And I have to say don't make us as bad as the easymode tier players whining because our character has some non-favorable MU's.

Skedar70

Noob
I said online because most if time people you play with are either bad or somewhat decent. Madzin, scar and semis are great players but so are you. Take a look at whiteboi and his scarecrow, he won because of his skills and his opponents lacking matchup knowledge. Just because he won doesn't mean scarecrow is top tier or even top 10, similarly just because you had success that doesn't mean WoWo is viable.

Here are results if anyone is interested.

Injustice 2 — Results

1. Whiteboi (Scarecrow)
2. Slayer (Aquaman, Superman, Black Adam)
3. FOX|SonicFox (Black Adam, Darkseid, Joker)
4. Circa|Forever King (Batman, Black Adam)
5. Noble|Dragon (Aquaman, Poison Ivy)
5. EMPR|Theo (Aquaman, Superman)
7. PND|Madzin (Atrocitus, Bane, Darkseid)
7. Noble|Iluusions (Batman, Green Arrow, Deadshot, Black Adam)

9. Biohazard (Harley Quinn, Bane)
9. Noble|Semiij (Catwoman)
9. Method|SylverRye (Batman, Aquaman)
9. PG|Hayatei (Robin)
13. BxA|Burrito Voorhees (Black Adam, Bane)
13. Rise|MenaRD (Black Adam)
13. NASR|Tekken Master (Atrocitus, Black Adam)
13. PG|Coach Steve (Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd)

17. T7G|Gross (Green Lantern)
17. NS|DJT (Green Lantern, Atrocitus)
17. DF|Grr (Bane)
17. PxP|A Foxy Grampa (Deadshot, Catwoman)
17. BxA|Star Charger (Catwoman)
17. DR|Viking (Atrocitus)
17. Method|REO (Catwoman)
17. FOX|Scar (Superman)

25. PG|Kitana Prime (Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman)
25. F3|Alucard (Aquaman)
25. Lord Pnut (Dr. Fate)
25. DEG (Harley Quinn)
25. Rico Suave (Black Adam)
25. HZRDS|KevoDaMan (Black Adam, Superman)
25. Buffalo (Superman)
25. Mattix

33. Noobe (Cheetah)
33. Kinetic Skeezer (Superman)
33. Sensei|ExcitedBeast
33. Perfect Legend (Superman)
33. OD|Atai (Catwoman)
33. King Raj (Aquaman, Firestorm)
33. Michaelangelo (Atrocitus)
33. Fable|Destroyer (Atrocitus)
33. C88|Splash (Aquaman)
33. OD|Alcatraz (Cheetah)
33. EMP|KDZ (Aquaman, Superman)
33. Royale
33. WoundCowboy
33. TheGreatShake
33. The Magician (Flash, Black Adam)
33. BlindDucky

49. BxA|Eevee (Harley Quinn)
49. EXILE|FullAuto (Deadshot)
49. STDx|2eZ (Atrocitus)
49. Noble|BeyondToxin (Black Adam, Scarecrow)
49. Princess Slim (Aquaman)
49. Han Rashid (Deadshot)
49. HandySavage (Catwoman)
49. Heel Argenrost
49. One87|Vendetta
49. Awkward Sloth
49. JWE|Compbros (Superman)
49. D. R.
49. Conmystro
49. Jonnitti
49. Circa|Nicky (Aquaman)
49. Kombat Houston

Dude you have to take into account that most of this is just player preference. If Sonic fox would have picked Wonder Woman the way he picked Joker you would have a Wonder Woman in top 8. Does that make her top tier? would that convince you? Some characters aren't picked not because they are bad but simply because the players who made top 50-40-30-16-8 just don't like the character. Maybe they don't play females, maybe they do but they just don't like WW because she is a bitch in story mode, Maybe they prefer to play scarecrow, maybe someone told them that deadshot is a better character and they believed them. Not all mains are decided based on their subjective tier placement. Most of it is just player preference.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Dude you have to take into account that most of this is just player preference. If Sonic fox would have picked Wonder Woman the way he picked Joker you would have a Wonder Woman in top 8. Does that make her top tier? would that convince you? Some characters aren't picked not because they are bad but simply because the players who made top 50-40-30-16-8 just don't like the character. Maybe they don't play females, maybe they do but they just don't like WW because she is a bitch in story mode, Maybe they prefer to play scarecrow, maybe someone told them that deadshot is a better character and they believed them. Not all mains are decided based on their subjective tier placement. Most of it is just player preference.
...because everyone is just a huge fan of Black Adam throughout the years.

...and Aquaman is way more popular than WoWo and everyone else