What's new

Make Wonder Woman Great Again! Just like her new movie!

What would you like to see most

• Choose which buff you get in trait

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • New usefull advancing string

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Air Dash

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Easier b3 connection on her combos

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Make parry send projectiles back, like Katanas twirl

Votes: 40 33.1%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Definitely would be for her bracelets reflecting projectiles back OR make it so that if you parry it/time it she gets meter/ex version gains health, then you watch how fast people think twice about zoning her out lol.

And her trait IMO needs to go, I hate how it's random and most of them are useless IMHO. I really wish she had a trait where she glows and has DD like armor til the trait meter drains, I mean she is a damn God afterall....I'd take that over any of her current random traits, another idea for a trait would be giving her a temporary meter flying ability where she can fly around the screen anywhere and attack, evade etc til the trait meter burns out giving her a agility advantage since she doesn't always fly or air dash like Supes, Firestorm etc

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I think a lot of you don't get the char in the game. Parry reflection won't change her MU's. There's a lot of zoning that you simply can't parry on reaction as it's too fast or zoning that can't be parried at all. I'm sure some of you will say you can so whatever. Don't mind the fact you can interrupt and get incredible damage, negate pressure, or at the least get your turn back. Really your just satisfying lore and not helping the character so just stop. The lore you're looking for is air dash.

We're all bettor off lobbying for faster or safer 50/50's and normals. Not both because she doesn't need to be easy mode or braindead as we have enough of that. Non random trait, slight range boost on a few normals, and frame adv etc. You know, stuff that will actually help.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I agree with making WW great, I don't agree with the claim that she's DCs best 1v1 fighter.

As for choice I'd go with no randomness.
Everyone admits shes the best 1v1 fighter.

Geoff Johns, man behind all the new upcoming DC movies, says so. Comics say so. Batman himself says so. I say so. So, you know.

omooba

fear the moobs
Oh my dear friend, No. That bolded text is not accurate. In all the media she has appeared in the bracelets deflect more than bullets. In the Lynda Carter TV show, for example, they deflected extraterrestrial energy beams. In the comics, their definition is quite clear and their capabilities demonstrated. You can for pretty cheap JLA HEAVENS LADDER to see their ability to deflect broad energy attacks far greater than their surface area. But the place to go to understand how the work and WHY they work that way is Wonder Woman vol. 2 #21

That one explains and provides the most impressive demonstration of both their ability to deflect energy and to protect the wearer. The bracelets are unbroken and inviolable. They have a 75 year history of deflecting more than bullets though those are commonly encountered. They have deflected missiles, lasers, sorcery, cosmic energies (like the Omega Beams or the Astro Force), and even divine energies.

You can pick up the EYES OF THE GORGON trade to see a flaw in them; their protective properties coalesce incoming energies (that is how she can use one arm to deflect a laser or energy based beam attack and how when crossed they can repel large broad wave attacks even though the attack is bigger than the bracelets or in some cases WW herself) but they do not coalesce liquid so things like the acid venom attack from Medousa in that story are only partially deflected.

But projectiles and energy are well covered.

because one blow up wasn't enough :D thanks i was wrong i tweaked hard

MKF30

+Legion47, her bracelet attacks are fast enough to stop projectiles(most anyway) and all they'd have to do is make her gear move an official move the walking shield meter absorb and believe me, nobody would zone her, because she'd just tank that shit lol. Nobody is also saying that just due to lore but you know most if not everyone's moves are due to umm lore and history, so why should she be any different? I'm pretty sure NRS creates lore moves first then worries about the technical bs. Most players/the average player don't really care about framerates, hit advantage etc besides that's in the game now so if you want to look that up just pause the game. She should have some sort of flying ability, she's WW. A dumb limited air dash that's random no less is weak.

shyndoa

Noob
imo she just needs reduce damage buff on her trait with a better recovery and air dash on her basic moveset.
She already have good damage.
She's a tank so let her be a tank :eek:

LEGI0N47

+Legion47, her bracelet attacks are fast enough to stop projectiles(most anyway) and all they'd have to do is make her gear move an official move the walking shield meter absorb and believe me, nobody would zone her, because she'd just tank that shit lol. Nobody is also saying that just due to lore but you know most if not everyone's moves are due to umm lore and history, so why should she be any different? I'm pretty sure NRS creates lore moves first then worries about the technical bs. Most players/the average player don't really care about framerates, hit advantage etc besides that's in the game now so if you want to look that up just pause the game. She should have some sort of flying ability, she's WW. A dumb limited air dash that's random no less is weak.
Well then keep asking for shit that won't really help then because most of us are dealing with zoning just fine. At least you're on board for the air dash so that's something.

MKF30

Well then keep asking for shit that won't really help then because most of us are dealing with zoning just fine. At least you're on board for the air dash so that's something.
I'm pretty certain I listed things that would help her and am open to lots of ideas/suggestions, not sure who else you're referring to but I never complained about zoning being a zoning player lol I just said if she had better tools to deal with such people would think twice before zoning her out. Just to clarify my position. She has some zoning tools of herself but they're just inferior compared to Deadshots, Fates, FS etc, etc I think this is fairly obvious. I said I'd be all for various kinds of improvements, but for the air dash she currently has they should ditch that "random limited shit" and just give her an air trait or move since she flies afterall. I'm pretty certain almost every WW player or WW enthusiast on here is not fond of her random trait.

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I'm pretty certain I listed things that would help her, not sure who else you're referring to but I never complained about zoning being a zoning player lol I just said if she had better tools to deal with such people would think twice before zoning her out. She has some zoning tools of herself but they're just inferior compared to Deadshots, Fates, FS etc, etc I think this is fairly obvious. I said I'd be all for various kinds of improvements, but for the air dash she currently has they should ditch that "random limited shit" and just give her an air trait or move since she flies afterall. I'm pretty certain almost every WW player or WW enthusiast on here is not fond of her random trait.
I'm annoyed with people asking for the reflect because it won't help like anyone in that camp thinks. She doesn't need the gear move either. she needs the trait to not be random, air dash all the time, slight boost to range, and better frames on a few attacks.

And yes I think nearly everyone scratch's their head at the random trait. I couldn't believe it when they revealed her on the same stream as Harley and went on about how happy everyone should be that Harlye's trait isn't random anymore. And then debuted WW with a random trait. 10/10 troll NRS.

MKF30

I'm annoyed with people asking for the reflect because it won't help like anyone in that camp thinks. She doesn't need the gear move either. she needs the trait to not be random, air dash all the time, slight boost to range, and better frames on a few attacks.

And yes I think nearly everyone scratch's their head at the random trait. I couldn't believe it when they revealed her on the same stream as Harley and went on about how happy everyone should be that Harlye's trait isn't random anymore. And then debuted WW with a random trait. 10/10 troll NRS.
I'm all for improvements for her overall moves whatever that may be as long as it makes sense with the lore of her character and are useful, even better. But I do agree that the random trait is dumb, they should have at least given WW players an option to choose one while picking her. I was actually thinking regarding her lasso's range during her trait could have full screen range that would be cool like the movie and comics she's literally used it at crazy ranges. lol yeah, I hear ya maybe I3 WW's trait will actually be much better. But the game's still very young, who knows maybe she'll get some more buffs and even new moves(it is possible we saw this with MK X regarding a few characters)

Stanlos

Noob
I'm all for improvements for her overall moves whatever that may be as long as it makes sense with the lore of her character and are useful, even better. But I do agree that the random trait is dumb, they should have at least given WW players an option to choose one while picking her. I was actually thinking regarding her lasso's range during her trait could have full screen range that would be cool like the movie and comics she's literally used it at crazy ranges. lol yeah, I hear ya maybe I3 WW's trait will actually be much better. But the game's still very young, who knows maybe she'll get some more buffs and even new moves(it is possible we saw this with MK X regarding a few characters)
That was a real headscratcher for me in IGAU. She can lasso celestial bodies like the sun, the earth, or the moon but oh man tossing the lasso to the end of this alley is just too much. But Batman's grappling line can cover the distance just fine (and with absurd tracking no less):confused:

MKF30

That was a real headscratcher for me in IGAU. She can lasso celestial bodies like the sun, the earth, or the moon but oh man tossing the lasso to the end of this alley is just too much. But Batman's can cover the distance just fine (and with absurd tracking no less):confused:
lol yeah I noticed that, and notice in beginning of I2 with flashback Batman even beats WW and uses her own lasso against her. I think IMO WW is weaker in Injustice Universe compared to others lol. At least seems that way. She also got beat by the main universe's WW in the first game, you'd think two amazon doppelgangers would at least be more evenly matched lol.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
....how about her trait is a parry, either reflecting or not. With some sort of bar, if SG has instant projectiles why not instant parries with limited resources. If you mess it up you're open. If not you can either hurt them or if its not too OP combo them.

That would make her more like her "real life" counterpart.

Stanlos

Noob
....how about her trait is a parry, either reflecting or not. With some sort of bar, if SG has instant projectiles why not instant parries with limited resources. If you mess it up you're open. If not you can either hurt them or if its not too OP combo them.

That would make her more like her "real life" counterpart.
That's the best idea in the thread

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
That was a real headscratcher for me in IGAU. She can lasso celestial bodies like the sun, the earth, or the moon but oh man tossing the lasso to the end of this alley is just too much. But Batman's grappling line can cover the distance just fine (and with absurd tracking no less):confused:
You can even combo after if you meterburn his grappling line. With Wonder Woman you only get little more damage for wasting a bar even though she is known to use lasso to subdue her opponents.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual

I'm annoyed that you assert your opinion like it's fact and thus poo poo on anything that doesn't resemble what you've decided is the correct answer. I'm annoyed that you think this conversation will hold sway in anything remotely changing Wonder Woman at NRS. It's not like everything we've talked about hasn't been considered and reading something here is going to result in it being magically implemented. You also make it sound like your ideas have to be mutually exclusive from anything else suggested because again, you've decided "it's the wrong stuff to ask for."

LEGI0N47

I'm annoyed that you assert your opinion like it's fact and thus poo poo on anything that doesn't resemble what you've decided is the correct answer. I'm annoyed that you think this conversation will hold sway in anything remotely changing Wonder Woman at NRS. It's not like everything we've talked about hasn't been considered and reading something here is going to result in it being magically implemented. You also make it sound like your ideas have to be mutually exclusive from anything else suggested because again, you've decided "it's the wrong stuff to ask for."
Ok. You seem tilted a bit, but that's fine because I was too when I posted in here so it's fair I suppose. This will probably be my last post in the thread because most of it is erroneous IMO and I really believe several posters don't understand the char in the game, not lore. It's just like the general thread where people were whining that they want safe advancing 50/50's etc. I feel the thread is pointing her in the wrong direction with the reflection thing. I laid that out strongly because I feel you have to and because I really like the character.

I still don't get how the tactical advantage of reflection is missed.
It's an icing on the cake item and the last thing she really needs out of all the proposed buffs IMO. It's not that it wouldn't be useful on some occasions but overall negating a lot of zoning like we can now is pretty huge really. What is reflecting really going to do for you in her actual bad MU's where the opponent can have 2-3 fireballs on screen at once? A 60 health trade? Some of those same characters also have a low and/or air projectile which you can do nothing against but evade via fundamentals or hold them. In previous games the characters that had them didn't gain a whole lot of ground from them and they cost meter on projectiles. I seriously doubt that it would be a meterless option if introduced because that would be pretty unbalanced. WW has bad meter build in many MU's compared to her opponents and I'd much rather use it on all the other stuff you can do.

MKF30

You can even combo after if you meterburn his grappling line. With Wonder Woman you only get little more damage for wasting a bar even though she is known to use lasso to subdue her opponents.
I too wondered about this, she should have either a full screen lasso whip or as you said similar to Batman's grapple where ex/meter burn gives her a free combo.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Giving her reflection parry is the best thing they can do. It won't solve all her problems but it ll give her a new method of inflicting damage. In current state of you can lose a whole just trying to get against zoners and they can build meter while doing so. Even if you get they can send you back with one combo.

IMO she needs 3 things to be viable.

Parry to reflect projectiles.

Amazonian Air slam added to base moveset.

Air-dash added to base moveset.

Reflection parry is most important followed by default Air dash.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I noticed this guy wants us to vote against our own interests. If someone really thinks projectile reflecting parry isn't going to help then I don't know what to say to that person.

Last edited:

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
It's an icing on the cake item and the last thing she really needs out of all the proposed buffs IMO. It's not that it wouldn't be useful on some occasions but overall negating a lot of zoning like we can now is pretty huge really. What is reflecting really going to do for you in her actual bad MU's where the opponent can have 2-3 fireballs on screen at once?
Reflect one and block the rest? Or if you are quick enough you can reflect 2 and block one.

Some of those same characters also have a low and/or air projectile which you can do nothing against but evade via fundamentals or hold them.
Dash forward against air projectiles and jump in against low projectiles.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Um, so idk exactly how anyone will take this but I think a D2 will help the most; preferably 10f. That, and/or having B2 act properly and hit people whenever it touches them, like in the air and whatnot.

I enjoy her lore as much as the next person but all the buffs everyone is asking for, she honestly doesn't need. She has no need for an advancing string, her reflecting projectiles will only make zoners with already good neutral, just play neutral instead, easier B3 is honestly just asking for a bail out on basic execution, it seriously isn't that hard with some practice, and the air dash hardly changes any MU's. Trait select would be nice too but I hardly find myself even having a window for it in fast-paced MU's.

Her having a slow D2 that also has a lot of gravity is what makes certain MU's like Darkseid, Deadshot, Batman, and others more difficult than it needs to be. All the other buffs suggested I honestly see not affecting her MU's at all in the long run, but are just in it for the lore. I get, believe me I do, but it just doesn't help her gameplay at all.

What she really needs imo is:

-Faster D3
-Faster D2
-Active B2
-Shield Toss should be less negative

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Um, so idk exactly how anyone will take this but I think a D2 will help the most; preferably 10f. That, and/or having B2 act properly and hit people whenever it touches them, like in the air and whatnot.

I enjoy her lore as much as the next person but all the buffs everyone is asking for, she honestly doesn't need. She has no need for an advancing string, her reflecting projectiles will only make zoners with already good neutral, just play neutral instead, easier B3 is honestly just asking for a bail out on basic execution, it seriously isn't that hard with some practice, and the air dash hardly changes any MU's. Trait select would be nice too but I hardly find myself even having a window for it in fast-paced MU's.

Her having a slow D2 that also has a lot of gravity is what makes certain MU's like Darkseid, Deadshot, Batman, and others more difficult than it needs to be. All the other buffs suggested I honestly see not affecting her MU's at all in the long run, but are just in it for the lore. I get, believe me I do, but it just doesn't help her gameplay at all.

What she really needs imo is:

-Faster D3
-Faster D2
-Active B2
-Shield Toss should be less negative
Personally i think Shield Toss as is is fine. I would replace that with 113 being a hkd.