What's new

Make Wonder Woman Great Again! Just like her new movie!

What would you like to see most

• Choose which buff you get in trait

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • New usefull advancing string

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Air Dash

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Easier b3 connection on her combos

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Make parry send projectiles back, like Katanas twirl

Votes: 40 33.1%

• Total voters

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
she's made to be a very good defense character from what i can tell. in match ups were she has to approach she can get mauled. i can agree she needs something but some of the stuff u ask for seem sketchy. especially the reflecting projectiles. if u give her that she'd probably be close to top 5.
Gods forbid she get close to the top 5, that would be unreasonable.

Stanlos

Noob
she's made to be a very good defense character from what i can tell. in match ups were she has to approach she can get mauled. i can agree she needs something but some of the stuff u ask for seem sketchy. especially the reflecting projectiles. if u give her that she'd probably be close to top 5.
Once upon a time reflecting projectiles was a thing in the Mortal Kombat games. I think it started with NIGHTWOLF and his glowy move. What I don't get is why it is bad for her to have this when it is a game based on DC characters and that has been an integral part of her design. I mean there are characters that excel at all ranges in the game and WW is the only one whose design actually has express powers abilities that would place her among them.

But rather than draw from her design they took things way or reduced them while giving other characters powers or abilities completely absent from the stories. It's weird. INJUSTICE 2 draws from THE OMAC PROJECT heavily (Brother Eye is from that story) and in it Superman and Wonder Woman are highlighted as the most powerful superheroes in the verse (they fight later in the story for reasons I won't spoil here) so I don't get why her being top 5 in the game is objectionable when the story so many elements are from have her in the top 2 of the DCU.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
Once upon a time reflecting projectiles was a thing in the Mortal Kombat games. I think it started with NIGHTWOLF and his glowy move. What I don't get is why it is bad for her to have this when it is a game based on DC characters and that has been an integral part of her design. I mean there are characters that excel at all ranges in the game and WW is the only one whose design actually has express powers abilities that would place her among them.

But rather than draw from her design they took things way or reduced them while giving other characters powers or abilities completely absent from the stories. It's weird. INJUSTICE 2 draws from THE OMAC PROJECT heavily (Brother Eye is from that story) and in it Superman and Wonder Woman are highlighted as the most powerful superheroes in the verse (they fight later in the story for reasons I won't spoil here) so I don't get why her being top 5 in the game is objectionable when the story uses so many elements are from have her in the top 2 of the DCU.
i don't think a character being top 5 in comics is a good justification to be top 5 in game. and she reflects bullets not projectiles in general. now if u want to make it so she reflects bullets only i'm sooooo down.
on your comment about characters excelling at all ranges. how many of those characters have a wake up attack as good as her up shield bash

Reflecting projectiles is too much. She has a movie like move where she advances with her braces out, it's a bit rubbish but the idea is there.

A projectile counter that knocks down, like a parry with the bracers and you can mb to send out a wave, like in the movie where she does bracer explosions.

Last edited:

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Ohhhh WoWo... ohhhhhh NRS... what the hell is up with you two? You would think that the timing of the movie release with the timing of the game and potential popularity spike that she would at least be a finished product yeah?

She boggles my mind. I am so bi-polar on WoWo it disgusts me. I appreciate how defensive she is, I like how she can disrupt at her maximum range, I feel like she is a defensive minded players go to, and quite honestly, there is no other character I feel more intimidated by while in the neutral and just advancing on me (could be because to be a good WoWo by this standard you must posses INFINITE restraint and INFINITE patience). And if I mess up her tools will get me into the corner where she shines, but then again who does NOT shine vs a cornered opponent?

I'm sorry NRS- but I'm taking off the gloves and have to call bullshit on this iteration of WoWo. You tore apart and neutered an integral part of the DC universe just for the sake of doing so, and gave her nothing in return.... making her evil for the story plot (sure that's forgivable), breaking a character apart for no good reason and giving her nothing in return? 100% horse shit.

She may shine when it comes to the buffing department in the future, but that does not make up for ALL the things she lacks. I wish I could say NRS swung for the fence and missed, however in her current form, it doesn't even appear NRS took a swing. In the end it's still a MAJOR miss.

On a side note: anyone here a Midway/NRS guru? I know a dev can make or break a character based upon buffs/nerfs of pre-exsisting moves/combos/strings.. however does Midway/NRS have any track record in MK or Injustice of giving any characters NEW strings, moves, combos, etc... post launch? (Other than buffs to frames and recovery that is)- just curious and thanks in advance.

shyndoa

Noob
Wow so many whiners.
Maybe ww players should lab and need to adapt at her gameplay. Or drop the character.
Stop asking buff. It's not even 1 month that game release. Asking buff/nerf all the time ruins the game.

She has bad mu ok. And then what?
NRS players know only to play rush or zoning. Can't play with footsies tools or have to play with patience. Don't just read the frame data. Lab and work how you can win with her.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Asking for projectile reflecting parry isn't too much. There have been many characters in NRS games with projectile reflecting parries.

This is a game where where zoners can put out 2-4 projectiles on screen at same time asking for a character that can reflect projectiles is nothing OP specially when you have to parry each projectile individually. It's not like you just press the button and all projectiles are parried. It requires timing and high level of skill.

Edit: She deflects/reflects more than just bullets. She has been shown to reflect Darkseid's omega beams, superman's heat vision, green lanterns energy, lightning of Zeus and many other energy based projectiles.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I would just fix her trair airdash and make her D2 slightly faster for now. It's sooo early to ask for changes honestly since some stuff could make her busted or be useless, let's break her down more before we get to a conclusion.

I mean... I see people asking for her divebomb to be a default move but like that could either be useless or make her busted if it kept her OTG properties.

Skedar70

Noob
I saw the movie and I have seen a lot of comics and other movies of her, bracelets seem to work properly, She deflects the projectiles not necessarily reflect them back to the shooter. They are kind of good for walking in on some zoners while building meter yourself.
However the buff wears off too fast and the trait buff on bracelets is mostly useless and wastes a move.

chores

bad at things
f23 to b3 feels the same as a few other meterless b3 conversions in this game. i think they are intentionally pretty tight. idk, just adding to the thread, played like 500+ hours of ww in injustice 1 and dropped her on day 3 in injustice 2 -- dont want to talk about it!

examples of other tight b3 conversions:
batman: 223 to b3
green arrow with electric arrow loaded: 2234 to b3

fong03

Noob
i don't think a character being top 5 in comics is a good justification to be top 5 in game. and she reflects bullets not projectiles in general. now if u want to make it so she reflects bullets only i'm sooooo down.
on your comment about characters excelling at all ranges. how many of those characters have a wake up attack as good as her up shield bash
It's posts like this that remind me how little most people know about Wonder Woman.

She reflects more than just bullets. She has some crazy feats with her bracers, including, among other things, deflecting Darkseid's omeg beams, Superman's heat vision and an energy blast from the entire Greek pantheon.

omooba

fear the moobs
It's posts like this that remind me how little most people know about Wonder Woman.

She reflects more than just bullets. She has some crazy feats with her bracers, including, among other things, deflecting Darkseid's omeg beams, Superman's heat vision and an energy blast from the entire Greek pantheon.
true i tweaked but gameplay wise that'll still be to much imo

fong03

Noob
true i tweaked but gameplay wise that'll still be to much imo
I'm honestly not a good enough player to know what would be too much or too little. I do know a lot about the character though and given that, for better or worse, they decided to make her a defensive character, I think her bracer should be more prominent in her game play. Whether that takes the form of an air parry, a low parry, generating more meter for a successful parry, spending a bar to create an aegis type effect, or something else I don't know.

And again, from a lore stand perspective, it makes no sense that she should get zoned out. It just feels like NRS did not put the same creative energy into this character as they did with the other characters. That's not necessarily a game play complaint, but unlike other fighting games, many people play this game because of the characters they've loved for years in comics, cartoons, movies, etc. Story mode was bad enough. This just pours salt on the wound.

not sure if the thread title works.

If Wonder Woman played like her movie she'd be godlike for the first part and then get oddly derailed at the end.

Stanlos

Noob
Oh my dear friend, No. That bolded text is not accurate. In all the media she has appeared in the bracelets deflect more than bullets. In the Lynda Carter TV show, for example, they deflected extraterrestrial energy beams. In the comics, their definition is quite clear and their capabilities demonstrated. You can for pretty cheap JLA HEAVENS LADDER to see their ability to deflect broad energy attacks far greater than their surface area. But the place to go to understand how the work and WHY they work that way is Wonder Woman vol. 2 #21

That one explains and provides the most impressive demonstration of both their ability to deflect energy and to protect the wearer. The bracelets are unbroken and inviolable. They have a 75 year history of deflecting more than bullets though those are commonly encountered. They have deflected missiles, lasers, sorcery, cosmic energies (like the Omega Beams or the Astro Force), and even divine energies.

You can pick up the EYES OF THE GORGON trade to see a flaw in them; their protective properties coalesce incoming energies (that is how she can use one arm to deflect a laser or energy based beam attack and how when crossed they can repel large broad wave attacks even though the attack is bigger than the bracelets or in some cases WW herself) but they do not coalesce liquid so things like the acid venom attack from Medousa in that story are only partially deflected.

But projectiles and energy are well covered.

Last edited:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Wonder Woman is just like THOR. Most people don't know their abilities or true powers.

THOR and Wonder Woman would basically defeat anyone and everyone in a 1v1 fight.

WoWo vs THOR now that's a fight.

Stanlos

Noob
I put more examples but learned that you can only put three. So what is there should be enough to show you that she is not limited to bullets. Should you check out the issue 21 reference you will be confident that there are no attacks the bracelets cannot fend as the order of magnitude presented in the issue is still unprecedented.
I will drop some more random ones into different posts

Wonder Woman deflects energy beams from the Royal Flush Gang

Wonder Woman deflects a God's bolts

Wonder Woman deflects bullets (which you knew about) but did you know she doesn't have to see them?

Stanlos

Noob
Since Darkseid is in the game, let's look at how well the bracelets perform versus the Omega Beams. If you have checked out WW#21 referenced above then you know how it will go since the Omega Force is not nearly on the level of what is show there. But here you go! Enjoy! These are from Superman/Batman #13